• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Best Recipes for an Outdoor Camping Party?

In summary, the host is doing a family reunion over the weekend and she wants to do a PC party at the camp site. She said there would be a stove there but is thinking of just making it easy. She has some ideas for food that will be ok in the heat.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I finally got a hold of my host for Saturday! Talk about short notice. She tells me that they are doing a family reunion and she wants to follow it up with a PC party at the camp site while all her family is there. That's fine, it will be fun to talk about the great summer products! But I need a good recipe that will do well outdoors. She said that there will be microwaves in the campers but I'm guessing nothing big. I'm just trying to rack my brain to think of something that will with stand the heat (it was 80 degrees on Monday!) so no cream cheese for sure.

Will there be a grill there? Could you do something on the Grill?

or are you looking for a dessert?

If you can pick the time and have or can borrow some cookware, cook some breakfask on a coleman stove. They will love how easy it cleans.
Check out some websites like Byron's Dutch Oven Recipes and find some one pot meals and cook one in a stock pot on the stove.

Do a salad in the collapsable bowl.

pamperedlinda said:
Do a salad in the collapsable bowl.
I think that might be a good idea.

The show is at 2. Wouldn't have been my first choice for an outdoor party but oh well. I just go with the flow.

She said there would be a stove there but I think I'll just make it as easy as possible.

I have the cookbook with all the summer/outdoor ideas, I'll go check it out! Just remembered it!

I went through some of my cookbooks and I am going to offer Fresh Salsa and Guacomole Duo from All the Best, Summer Cobb Salad from S/S 05 SB, Colossal Chopped Salad (I'll precook pasta and chicken) and Greek Cheese Torta. I think the Greek Cheese Torta will be fine because you have to have the cheese soft to work with it. And I always throw it in the fridge to help set it. I'll see what she wants to do!

Mention if anyone uses cast iron (such as Dutch ovens), the nylon scrapers are great for cleaning. Plus the nylong and bamboo tools. The long kitchen brush can be a boon to campers, too.

Try the Berry Trifle recipes. They are really easy. And non-cook, too-meryl

Mwalker said:
Try the Berry Trifle recipes. They are really easy. And non-cook, too

-meryl
I thought about a trifle but alot of the ones I have already made include a lot of puddings, cool whip, ect. I'm just not for sure how hot it will be on Saturday.

You can do pizza on the grill, too! Use the Boboli shells, brush it with Italian dressing and add your toppings.

You can also do devilied eggs if you have the chilzanne server and the easy accent decorator ... come with the eggs boiled and cut, and with ingredients pre-measured except for the mayo (which gets some ooohs and ah's out of the measure-all cup.)

1. What types of products do you recommend for an outdoor/camping party?

For an outdoor/camping party, we recommend products that are durable and portable. Our Campfire Cooker, Cast Iron Skillet, and Grill Basket are perfect for cooking over an open flame. Our Insulated Picnic Basket and Portable Beverage Dispenser are also great for keeping food and drinks cold while on the go.

2. How can I keep my food fresh during an outdoor/camping party?

To keep your food fresh, we suggest using our Flexible Cutting Mats and Fresh Stretch Silicone Lids to cover and store your food. Our Insulated Picnic Basket and Portable Beverage Dispenser also help to maintain the temperature of your food and drinks.

3. Are there any tips for cooking over a campfire?

When cooking over a campfire, it's important to have the right tools. Our Campfire Cooker and Cast Iron Skillet are perfect for cooking over an open flame. It's also important to have a good fire and to use dry, seasoned wood for the best results. And don't forget to bring along our Heat Resistant BBQ Gloves for safe handling of hot cookware!

4. How can I make cleanup easier at an outdoor/camping party?

We have a variety of products that make cleanup a breeze. Our Reusable Silicone Food Covers and Silicone Scraper help to reduce waste and make cleaning up food messes quick and easy. Our Portable Beverage Dispenser also has a leak-proof spout for easy pouring and minimal spills.

5. Do you have any recipes specifically for outdoor/camping parties?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes specifically designed for outdoor/camping parties. Our website and cookbooks have a section dedicated to outdoor cooking, and we also have a Campfire Cooking Pinterest board with delicious and easy recipes for your next camping trip. Don't forget to bring along our Campfire Cooker and Cast Iron Skillet to make these recipes even easier!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Deb V
Replies