• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Pomegranate Seeds Easily - Any Ideas?

In summary, people have different methods of getting seeds out of a pomegranate. One method is to cut it in half and hit the cut side with a rolling pin. Another method is to break it apart and work section by section under the water.
Does anyone have any easy way of getting seeds from the pomegranate?
A PC tool would be great, but looking for any help....thank you!

I saw a while back if you put the pomogranate in a pitcher of cold water and swish/work it around the seeds fall to the bottom while the white stuff floats to the top.

This isn't necessarily easier...but it does prevent you from being stained from the seeds squirting on you.

I cut a little bit off the top and bottom then I cut slices in the rind to make it easier to break apart (5-6 wedges).

Then I place the pomegranate in a large bowl filled with water and break it apart into sections. Then work section by section - under the water - removing the seeds. I let the seeds go to the bottom of the bowl of water. The white stuff will float to the top.

The seeds won't squirt on you if you are working with the pomegranate submerged in water.

After I typed all that, I went to look it up - since I got this idea from a tag that came with a pomegranate years ago - and this probably explains it better than I did:

http://www.pomegranates.org/nomess.html

Yeah. There is no EASY way. The water just helps keep you from getting stained. I don't even bother anymore. (I'm not THAT messy). You just have to pick at them. After you've done it a few times, it gets a bit easier, but it is tedious. Probably why pomegranate anything is so expensive, except the fruit itself. HAHABut they are SOOOOO good. Love them straight out of the bowl, or on salads. Not sure what else to do with them though. :)

Yeah, there's no easy way, but they are sooooo worth the trouble.

Hello - coming out of lurkdome with my tip...

I always cut it in half, face the cut side down into a very large bowl, hold the fruit with one hand with cut side down, then take a rolling pin and hit the back a few times. Normally most of the seeds will come right out into the bowl.

It helps to have a large bowl with high sides to keep the seeds from flying around. I've done this for a while now and it seems like the easiest way. I think I saw it on Food Network one time...

Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone for all your great tips! I will try them all!!

have someone else do it :)
they are my daughter's favorite fruit and she always "cons" me into doing it. but I don't mind its a labor of love!!

Related to Get Pomegranate Seeds Easily - Any Ideas?

1. How do I easily remove pomegranate seeds?

One way to easily remove pomegranate seeds is by cutting the pomegranate in half, holding one half over a bowl, and hitting the back of the pomegranate with a spoon or rolling pin. This will cause the seeds to fall out into the bowl.

2. Is there a tool specifically for removing pomegranate seeds?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers the Quick Prep Food Chopper, which includes a pomegranate deseeder attachment specifically designed for easily removing seeds from a pomegranate.

3. Can I use a regular knife to remove pomegranate seeds?

While it is possible to use a regular knife to remove pomegranate seeds, it may be more difficult and messy. Using a tool specifically designed for this purpose, such as the Quick Prep Food Chopper, can make the process much easier.

4. How do I store leftover pomegranate seeds?

Pomegranate seeds can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet and then transfer them to a freezer-safe container for longer storage.

5. Can I use a pomegranate deseeder for other fruits?

The pomegranate deseeder attachment on the Quick Prep Food Chopper is specifically designed for removing pomegranate seeds and may not work as effectively on other fruits. However, the chopper itself can be used for chopping a variety of fruits and vegetables.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rennea
  • robotChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kcjodih