• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easily Cut Squash & Turnip: Best Tool Recommendation

In summary, the Pampered Chef Simple Slicer is a versatile and safe kitchen tool that is perfect for slicing tough vegetables such as squash and turnip. It also has adjustable thickness settings, a non-slip base, and a finger guard for added safety. It can also be used for other vegetables and fruits, and is easy to clean with warm water or in the dishwasher. The tool also comes with a one-year warranty for any potential issues.
SandiLeigh
a tool that cuts squash and turnip easily? I have a guest coming to a show who is asking about a tool that would cut squash and turnip easily.

What would be the best too to suggest for this. I am still fairly new and this will be my 6th show, but my first one outside my circle of family and friends.

Any suggestions.

TIA

I dont know of a tool, but I do know a secret.

If she puts the squash or turnip in the microwave for a few seconds (like 30 or so) it makes it easier to cut.

HTH

I have not tried this myself but I have e repeat host that swears by the crinkle cutter! She says it is the perfect tool for turnip!

The Santoko!!!! (can't afford it - tell her to book a show and get it free or half price!) We use it all the time for turnips!! Then of course the mix and masher works awesome to mash them!!

Thanks, these are all great tips.

I use my bread knife for hard to cut things like melons and squash. Not sure about the turnip but I went through a rutabaga pretty easily with our 5" forged knife. My secret weapon though for hard to cut, large and thick skinned veggies is definitely the bread knife. I've used it on butternut squash, spaghetti squash and even a big ol' watermelon.

CRINKLE CUTTER!!! Cuts through turnip, squash, watermelon. AWESOME!!

I used the untimate mandoline and the crinkle cutter to cut up squash, as far as turnips, I don't know. I don't do turnips b/c they smell like a big fart when they are cooking.LOL

Related to Easily Cut Squash & Turnip: Best Tool Recommendation

1. What is the best tool for easily cutting squash and turnip?

The Pampered Chef Simple Slicer is the best tool for easily cutting squash and turnip. It has a sharp blade and adjustable thickness settings, making it perfect for slicing through tough vegetables like squash and turnip.

2. Is the Pampered Chef Simple Slicer safe to use?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Simple Slicer is designed with safety in mind. It has a non-slip base and a finger guard to protect your hands while slicing. However, as with any sharp kitchen tool, it is important to use caution and follow the instructions for safe use.

3. Can the Pampered Chef Simple Slicer be used for other vegetables?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Simple Slicer is a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of vegetables, including cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, and more. It is also great for slicing fruits like apples and pears.

4. How do I clean the Pampered Chef Simple Slicer?

To clean the Pampered Chef Simple Slicer, simply rinse it under warm water and use a brush to remove any remaining food particles. It is also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

5. Does the Pampered Chef Simple Slicer come with a warranty?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Simple Slicer comes with a one-year warranty. If you experience any issues with the product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Nep2nfly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Chefstover2