• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deliciously Different: Recipes for Pumpkin Seeds

In summary, the conversation is about different recipes for making pumpkin seeds, specifically a sweet version with sprinkles. One recipe from Allrecipes.com involves baking the seeds with salt and cinnamon, while another from Taste of the South magazine includes a variety of nuts and dried fruits. Another recipe from Allrecipes.com adds a twist with taco seasoning. The speaker expresses interest in trying these recipes and asks for other suggestions.
linojackie
I think my favorite part about Halloween is pumpkin seeds, but I'm tired of my same old method of prep. Does anyone have a recipe for pumpkin seeds? I thought I saw a recipe for sweet seeds (or maybe with the sprinkles?)

I am baking some right now with our new sea salt. I REALLY wanted to try the sweet version but ended up going with the typical recipe. Maybe next time. I would love to hear how other people make theirs and if the sprinkles are a good version!

Brandi2007 said:
I am baking some right now with our new sea salt. I REALLY wanted to try the sweet version but ended up going with the typical recipe. Maybe next time. I would love to hear how other people make theirs and if the sprinkles are a good version!

YUM, PUMPKIN SEEDS!:D Great idea, maybe trying our Himalayan salt this year!:thumbup::chef::D

Just found this one on Allrecipes.com. I'll bet this would be good with the cinnamon sprinkles!

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
4 cups pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
vegetable oil cooking spray

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Grease a cookie sheet and spread the seeds out in an even layer. Lightly sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.
Bake for about 5 minutes, then stir the seeds. Season with salt and cinnamon again. Continue baking, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, or until seeds are toasted.

Boy are you making me hungry! I love pumpkin seeds.

Here's one from Taste of the South magazine.

PUMPKIN SEED TRAIL-MIX
1 3/4 cups raw pumpkin seeds
1 1/2 cups pistachios, unsalted
1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, unsalted
1 1/2 cups cashew halves
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (16-ounce) package candy-coated peanut-butter pieces, such as Reese's Pieces
1 (8-ounce) package chopped dates
1 (6-ounce) package dried cranberries

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large bowl, combine seeds and nuts. Drizzle with butter, tossing gently to coat.
3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, rosemary, salt, peppers, and cinnamon. Pour sugar mixture over nuts and seeds, tossing to coat well. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 1 hour.
5. Add candy-coated peanut-butter pieces, dates, and cranberries, stirring well to combine.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.

Not sweet - but this is one we did last year...and they were addictive! SO good!

TACO PUMPKIN SEEDS (from allrecipes.com)

INGREDIENTS
1 cup seeds from freshly cut pumpkin, washed and dried
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

DIRECTIONS
In a skillet, saute pumpkin seeds in oil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer seeds to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and garlic salt; stir to coat. Spread into a single layer. Bake at 325 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until crisp. Remove to paper towels to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks

Related to Deliciously Different: Recipes for Pumpkin Seeds

What are the health benefits of pumpkin seeds?

Pumpkin seeds are a great source of protein, fiber, and healthy fats. They also contain important minerals such as magnesium, zinc, and iron. Eating pumpkin seeds can help boost your immune system, lower cholesterol levels, and improve heart health.

Can I use any type of pumpkin seeds for these recipes?

Yes, you can use any type of pumpkin seeds for these recipes. However, we recommend using raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds for the best flavor and texture.

How long will these recipes keep for?

If stored in an airtight container, these pumpkin seed recipes can last for up to 2 weeks. However, they may start to lose their crunch after a few days.

Are these recipes suitable for those with nut allergies?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Deliciously Different: Recipes for Pumpkin Seeds" are nut-free and suitable for those with nut allergies.

Can I substitute pumpkin seeds for other types of seeds?

Yes, you can substitute pumpkin seeds for other types of seeds in these recipes. Sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, or chia seeds would all work well as substitutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • twopamperedchefs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • Lisa/ChefBear