• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Help with Online Shows: Tips for Sending Packets to Participants

In summary, Sue is looking for help in getting contacts in states where she does not know anyone. She has found a document that is helpful for website instructions, and she has posted a copy of it on her website. She is also looking for something to explain the on-line ordering process. She has found a document that is helpful, and she is borrowing it to post on her website. She is also looking for something to recruit people to her shows.
mrssyvo
I am trying to do 50 shows in 50 states in month of June (on-line shows that is) I am trying to get packets out to those who are participating, and I am at a loss of what to send. They are doing the majority of the show from my web-site, but they are also wanting a couple catalogs/order forms to collect orders in person. This is the first time I have done this with an emphasis on on-line shows, and I do not have any documents prepared to explain the process. Before I start in trying to create something, I thought I would check to see if anyone has anything on file.

WOW! You have that many contacts in that many states? This is totally not something I could do!

I have done a lot of out of state catalog shows ... be aware that it can be kind of expensive postage-wise. The biggest one I sent like 10 catalogs and order forms ... it was a good show but not that great ... and I didn't care about getting the catalogs back because it was the end of the fall season. They woudln't fit in a flat rate envelope. Most of the time I've sent 3 or 4 to out of state people.

mrssyvo said:
I am trying to do 50 shows in 50 states in month of June...

I would be interested to know how you put that together. It sounds like a fun idea.

Great idea! Wish I knew someone in each state.

At this time, I do not have all the states covered, but I am operating on FAITH!!!! I sent an E-mail out to everyone, asking for their help in getting contacts in states where I do not know anyone. They are trickling in, but even if I do not get all 50, it is something to work towards, and I am farther ahead than I was. I am not sending a lot of catalogs out, it is meant to be on-line shows, through the internet, but my brother and his wife live in South Carolina, and have some friends not on the internet yet, so he asked for a couple. I am looking for something that explains the on-line ordering process.

Here is a copy of the E-mail I sent out

Attachments

• 50 shows-50 states.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 455
Could you just send out the 'regular' host package information by email? OR could you just post a majority of the info on your PWS (under the NEWS section and title it 'FOR HOSTS ONLY') or something like that?

mrssyvo said:
I am trying to do 50 shows in 50 states in month of June (on-line shows that is) I am trying to get packets out to those who are participating, and I am at a loss of what to send. They are doing the majority of the show from my web-site, but they are also wanting a couple catalogs/order forms to collect orders in person. This is the first time I have done this with an emphasis on on-line shows, and I do not have any documents prepared to explain the process. Before I start in trying to create something, I thought I would check to see if anyone has anything on file.

Check the files section for catalog show letters. I think I found a couple there last year. Obviously you will include the June OOF, June host and guest specials. What about a recruiting brochure or letter, maybe something to help them think of names.

I found the attached document on here yesterday, it is very helpful for website instructions. You could modify it to fit your needs.

Good luck!!

Attachments

• What my website can do for you.doc
    224.5 KB · Views: 418
Sue---that's an amazing idea! LOVE IT:D (is the idea up for stealing?;) I mean, borrowing?!)

this is a great idea what about putting something about recruiting on there you never know what could come out of this

THat is a great idea. I hope you dont mind me borrowing it!

Best of luck to you! We should post our results later on!

I dont think packets are necessary. Everything including emailing the host the specials and order forms can be done thru email.

Can we borrow this? I really think this would be GREAT!!!I'm a army wife...I think we know people that know people in every state (and some countries)

Sue, we're all dying to know if we can steal, LOL!
Maybe we should do a CS challenge, & see who can get shows from the most states....:p

Feel free to steal away. Actually, I thought I got the idea here on Chef Success, but when I searched, I could not find it, so maybe I dreamt it. I moved a couple months ago, and am finding it slow going rebuilding my business, so this is to help me fill the gaps. I like the idea of a challenge. It might be the motivation we need to spread the word.

Last edited:
I think it is such a fun idea; whoever thought of it!;)

I havent had any luck yet. One reply "cannot commit to anything else". I feel like saying "why bother writing me". Oh well

DH got the email and said "Ill help: I'll be in MD, DC, NY, PA, NJ" over the next month!" I said "You dont count" lol.

I was just letting him know what I was up to. He's such a sweetie. Love him!

Good luck to the rest!

Thanks Sue for the FABULOUS idea!!
I bit too....
So far I have TX, NV and VA covered...only 47 more to go! LOL!!

erinyourpclady said:
Thanks Sue for the FABULOUS idea!!
I bit too....
So far I have TX, NV and VA covered...only 47 more to go! LOL!!

I got a PA and NC today.....45 to go! LOL!!

How are you wording your email? Are you giving your customers a choice of which month? Or just doing this for the month of June? I'm thinking of adding this to my next newsletter..

Wow!! That is a great idea, you go girl!!!!

I am only doing it for June- Thus the 50 shows in 50 states in 1 month. I am struggling a bit getting more hostesses, but I am not giving up! I am doing it in June, to boost sales for Sale-A-thon.

Good for you! Here's hoping you get more referrals. Have you checked your Christmas card list or old schoolmates? This is a perfect excuse to get in touch with long lost friends.

Postage was mentioned so here's a tip:

When sending host packets put in only 3-4 even for catalog shows. Then tell your host to tell her guests to visit your website to see the catalog and, if they want to order right there, to just put their name in as host. (That avoids someone putting an outlet order on a show and you having to deal with that.)

Some hosts ask for extra catalogs and I will send them but I always try to encourage the website first. It's surprising how many will say "Oh! Never mind sending more then."

Wow, that's aggressive. I decided last fall, when someone booked a TX catalog show, that I wanted to do all 50 states by the end of 2009. So far I've done WI, TX, and a cooking show in FL when we went on vacation. I also have someone in IL that would like a cooking show. I will have to try to book 2 for that day, so it's worth the gas. I have also "volunteered" to let anyone fly me anywhere to do a cooking show, and I will generously provide the ingredients.

So, how many states did you get?

You know an Advanced Dir friend of mine did this in February (double points month). When she was planning it she had 37 states covered (or needed only that many). I thought that was amazing!

I hope you had a lot of success with this idea. I'll have to ask my friend how she did. She comes on this site so maybe she posted something about it in Jan/Feb.

Well did you get this done?????????????????????

1. How do I send packets to participants for online shows?

To send packets to participants for online shows, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Pampered Chef account and go to the "My Shows" tab.
  2. Select the show for which you want to send packets.
  3. Click on the "Get Help" button and then select "Send Packets to Participants."
  4. Enter the email addresses of the participants you want to send packets to.
  5. Customize the message and click "Send Packets."

2. Can I customize the packets before sending them to participants?

Yes, you can customize the packets before sending them to participants. When you click on the "Send Packets to Participants" button, you will be able to edit the message that will be included in the packet. You can also choose which documents and links to include in the packet.

3. How do I know if a participant has received their packet?

You will receive a notification via email when a participant has received their packet. You can also track the status of the packets in the "My Shows" tab under the "Get Help" section.

4. Can I send packets to participants who have not placed an order yet?

Yes, you can send packets to participants who have not yet placed an order. In fact, it is recommended to send packets to potential customers to entice them to make a purchase. Simply enter their email addresses when sending the packets.

5. Is there a limit to the number of packets I can send to participants?

No, there is no limit to the number of packets you can send to participants. You can send packets to as many participants as you want for each online show. However, it is recommended to only send packets to those who have expressed interest in attending the show or making a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ms_twana
  • Kathytnt
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies