• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gas Stove Panic: Tips for a Successful Power Cooking Show with a Moms Club?

In summary, the author is supposed to do a power cooking show for her local Moms club tomorrow and has never used a gas stove before. She recommends not cooking above medium on a gas stove. Gas is easy to use and there is no difference in timing. There is a lot of training available online. She is expecting around 45 ladies at the meeting.
4kids4me
I'm supposed to do a power cooking show for my local Moms club tomorrow. Just found out the stove I'm using is gas. I've NEVER used a gas stove before. Should I be worried? Tips? any other tips on doing a power cooking show with 20+ women? TIA!

Gas is so easy to use! You don't need to let the burner warm up, like on electric. But otherwise, it'll be just the same.That should be fun! Are you doing it as an interactive show? If so, I got a great tip from my Director: break the recipes into steps and have a "Job Jar" with all the steps on little slips of paper. Have everyone draw one, and that's what they do in the recipe. Then you're not singling people out.

as far as the gas goes no worries... do not cook above medium for best results.

I love cooking with gas stoves, so much easier! There really is no difference in timing. Just make sure it actually lights or you are filling the kitchen with gas.

:)Gas Stoves are just the same a regular stove. Ask the Host for a quick 'show-me' before it starts if you are worried. Honestly, you have nothing to worry about. :)

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies! We're using a church kitchen, so no hostess. Hopefully someone there will know what to do if it doesn't light before I blow the place up! Yikes!

I love the idea of a job jar!! Thanks!

I have taught freezer meal classes for 2 years before just recently starting with the PC. I think the larger groups are a blast! I've cooked on a lot of different stoves. If you are worried about blowing up the church, say a prayer first! LOL. Bring a back up electric hot plate if you are really worried.

Good idea on the hot plate! This show got bumped back to April, so I still have plenty of time to stress about it, lol! :)

Awesome--show the sheet pans!I know a lot of people freaked about the sheet pans... BUT the freezer class is perfect to bring up that they cool so fast that they are perfect for freezer meals. I use them for cooking Chicken in bulk and then cool, top with different rubs and freeze in ziplocks. Also good for berries (on parchment) for quick freezing and being able to use later! Berry season is a great time to promote using the freezer for a lot of things. It is a powerful tool! Power cooking use Italian filling in cooked large pasta shells and freeze seperated on sheet pan too! Twice baked potatoes... You will sell sheet pans! Mention that when the meals are frozen flat, you can really maximize the space in the freezer-- I can fit 45 meals in my above fridge freezer-- doing a lot of pasta toppers/rice toppers/potato toppers. Good luck!

I usually cook up the meat before everyone gets there anyway, so even if you're not feeling like a pro with a gas stove, it really won't matter. I'm sure there will be someone there who can show you how to get it going. Good luck!! How many are you expecting?

There are usually about 45 ladies at the meetings. I am so nervous about the gas stove, but you're right, I'm sure someone there will know what they're doing!!! :) Love the idea of promoting the sheet pans. I love that the stones stay warm for so long, but not very conducive to the freezing concept, lol. Thanks!

Bring in Godzilla cookware...The best training out there for the power cooking is on the pc website in consultant corner. I have found that taking the cookware and showing the 12inch covered frying pan is a great way to sell it! That bad boy is a godzilla monster! Two hands to lift it and wow what a great piece of cookware! I would definately try to cook the meat there or have a guest help-- and use the ever popular mix-n-chop... This while you explain the concept. It helps for interactive in a large group... I've done a ton of the larger size groups, sometimes a hundred (this as church class before the PC)...and it breaks it up to have someone helping you.

Please do not stress about gas stove why not just add it to job jar, no one has to know you're scared of it.

Woohoo! You'll be "cookin' with gas", baby! :D Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)

Bah, hah, hah Cathy, you're hilarious!!! :)

Like the idea of adding it to the job jar. Ya, no one has to know my gas phobia! :)

Go for it!
4kids4me said:
Bah, hah, hah Cathy, you're hilarious!!! :)Like the idea of adding it to the job jar. Ya, no one has to know my gas phobia! :)
exactly, and if you have that many people it is one more job to be done so why not include it.

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
The best training out there for the power cooking is on the pc website in consultant corner. I have found that taking the cookware and showing the 12inch covered frying pan is a great way to sell it! That bad boy is a godzilla monster! Two hands to lift it and wow what a great piece of cookware! I would definately try to cook the meat there or have a guest help-- and use the ever popular mix-n-chop... This while you explain the concept. It helps for interactive in a large group... I've done a ton of the larger size groups, sometimes a hundred (this as church class before the PC)...and it breaks it up to have someone helping you.

Hahahaha... I love that description!

1. What is the Moms Club Power Cooking Show?

The Moms Club Power Cooking Show is a demonstration and workshop event hosted by Pampered Chef for moms to learn new recipes and cooking techniques using our products. It is a fun and interactive way for moms to connect and exchange cooking ideas.

2. How long does the Moms Club Power Cooking Show last?

The duration of the Moms Club Power Cooking Show varies depending on the host and the recipes being demonstrated. On average, the show lasts for about 2-3 hours, but can be longer or shorter depending on the needs of the host and attendees.

3. Is there a cost to attend the Moms Club Power Cooking Show?

No, there is no cost to attend the Moms Club Power Cooking Show. It is a complimentary event hosted by Pampered Chef to showcase our products and provide cooking inspiration for moms.

4. Can I bring my children to the Moms Club Power Cooking Show?

Yes, children are welcome to attend the Moms Club Power Cooking Show with their moms. We provide a fun and safe environment for children to participate in the cooking activities and learn alongside their moms.

5. Do I need to purchase any products during the Moms Club Power Cooking Show?

No, there is no pressure to purchase any products during the Moms Club Power Cooking Show. However, if you are interested in any of the products used in the demonstrations, our consultants will be available to assist you with placing an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • cincychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CABean03
  • adventurechef