1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Garage Sale Leads

Tags:
  1. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

I just had to share - we had a garage sale this weekend. We will be moving in about a year (yea!) so we are starting to sort out what we don't use now. Anyway, I had a PC table set up...no products out though because I didn't want any ridiculous offers!! I had some catalogs from last season out along with the specials, etc. I had many people look, but I have 3 possible bookings! One lady used to be a consultant but quit when she moved to Germany. I was just excited and wanted to share with everyone! I love it when I get more people on my contact list! I'll be calling them today!

Sep 12, 2005
  2. chefbilyeu

chefbilyeu Member

Sounds like a success!

I have a similar story--I too had a garage sale on Saturday. I set up my Super Starter Kit, put out a jar for my prize drawing slips, tri-fold brochures (the one that says "Did you know there is a Pampered Chef in your neighborhood?"--from this site, THANKS!), old Wrap recipes, and catalogs/order forms. I had little signs that said "Free-Take one!", "Free Recipe", and even an "Ask me how to get all this for $50" by my Super Starter display. The signs were great, because it invited people to look, take, and ask!

I offered each lady to enter the drawing for a free Batter Bowl. I got at least one recruit lead (yeah!), and one booking, with a whole list of new contacts! I had lots of ladies say that they don't do the "whole show thing", but love the stuff, and would it be okay if they just place an order. OF COURSE!

I then left early for a kickoff show for my new consultant, and when I came back, my husband had passed out almost all of my catalogs! He is my biggest promoter--said he handed out lots of catalogs to people who love PC, but don't do shows. He even talked one lady into doing a catalog show!

Anyway, for a small garage sale, it certainly paid off.

Sep 12, 2005
  3. cla519

cla519 Member

I also did one on the weekend and put up sign for a $15 gift certificate and 5 free kitchen shows(everyone wins the kitchen show) . Called everyone to let them know they'd won and have one booking, 2 more checking their dates to when to have one and one possible recruit and only had 13 people enter the draw. It is a great way to get leads and will do it again. This was a big community garage sale so there were lots of people.

Sep 12, 2005
  4. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

Yeah, I never knew how serious people are about garage sales until this past weekend when we held ours!! I am definitely going to do this again and maybe advertise more things they can win. I didn't do as much advertising on the incentives I have going on. I passed out Free recipe cards to anyone who wanted one (last season's as well) and I had my card stapled to it. It's good to get your name out there because you never know down the line, they may be interested! :D

Sep 12, 2005
  5. Great Idea!!!

This is such a great idea!! I can't believe I never thought of this. I am going to be having a yard sale pretty soon so this is very useful information!! Thanks! :D

Have something to add?