• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Garage Sale Idea: Selling Goods and Promoting Business

I've had people take things that way and never give them back. You'd be better off just wearing your logo and selling off items for cheap.
ChefTPhad
So, I have recently found out that our townhome association is holding an association wide garage sale. I was wondering if other people have had luck setting up a table and promoting their business during things like this. I was thiinking I could purchase some popular items to sell and also use the opportunity to get bookings or orders. Do you think this would be a good idea? Any input would be great.

I personally wouldn't purchase products. What happens if you cannot sell them? People always want what you don't. Just have them place an order and you can have it shipped directly to them.

Why not set up a table. Won't cost you anything except time. Your time could mean bookings, sales, and possible leads. :) Enjoy your time. Make it bright and inviting.

I have found that in cases like this, people want to buy your display and they want it for .50 cents. I wouldn't set up a display, just take some catalogs and order forms.

Nope, I wouldnt. People at garage sales are looking for garage sale prices (ie: $1, $2, $0.50....). They dont want items at full or near full price. Even if its brand new.

Now, I WOULD put a flag out in your drive or shop neighbors sales wearing a logo'd tshirt or such

-meryl

What about setting up a "Lemonade" stand? You can serve lemonade from the Quick-stir pitcher and have catalogs on the table for people to take. You (and your kids, if you have any) can tell people you don't have anything for the garage sale, but you wanted to make sure everyone had some refreshements during the event. And, it gives you an opportunity to talk about your business.

Our neighborhood does an annual garage sale, too. I have a TON of discontinued products I'm going to put out along with some old toys and such. I'm going to wear a PC logo shirt and maybe even my apron (for collecting money) and I'll put out my PC tablecloth. I'm going to put price stickers on everything, but will negotiate with people who buy bulk. I need to get rid of stuff!! I'm going to see if my kids want to do a lemonade stand, too, so they can earn some cash from it as well (plus, our neighborhood encourages the kids to do this). HTH!

I think what I would do is set up a few products on a table close by the checkout so when people are paying they can also check out your display and you can keep a watchful eye on how many people may be interested. Have a few catalogs to show or maybe a catalog put into a 3-ring binder for people to look through along with other flyers such as the booking flyer and fundraiser flyer. You could also hand out mini catalogs with your contact information on the back or recipe cards. I also like the business cards attached to magnets. Maybe have the Your Life, Your Way dvd playing.

Hope these ideas help! Good luck! Let us know how it goes! :)

If you do a display you definately need a sign that says "Earn this for FREE!! Ask me how" We had a garage sale a few weeks ago and everyone wants your stuff for next to nothing. So... with that in mind your display should focus on FREE or at a deep discount. Good luck

I wouldn't put out product or catalogs. I'd print recipe cards with your info on the back. Another suggestion I read was to purchase the bookmarks from Merrill. The others are right folks want garage sale items for nothing or next to nothing.

What about selling off all the inferior products you USED to cook with before you became a Pampered Chef?

That is a great idea to sell off the inferior products. Haha. I think I am just going to have a garage sale and then probably put out some catalogs and business cards. The idea of setting up a display and putting out a card saying something like "Ask me how you can earn this FREE" is a good idea. Also, the lemonade stand might be a good idea but it may still be pretty cold here in MN in May for lemonade. In fact, we are supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow. How crazy. Thanks for all the input and ideas.

I have never had good luck with tables at yard sales. I personally wouldn't buy an inventory. They don't get the same warranty. I always have better luck with recipe cards and logo wear.

I'd be careful about putting out a sign that says FREE with a display on it... people in a garage sale setting would probably think they could help themselves to anything on a table... pass out a business card or recipe card to everyone who purchases something... it's a cheap way to get your name out there and could start conversations... I'm thinking I'll do this at my friend's garage sale we're helping out with next weekend!

Set up a dispaly with your demo items have catalogs on hand so that they can place orders. Do NOT give out any catalog w/o getting there info. Any time anyone ask me for a catalog I say Sure well just trade I'll give you my info for yours. I turn the back of the catalog over show them on my label that they can contact me 24/7 while at the same time I am handing them a door prize slip so I can get there info. Before I hand them the catalog while they are filling out the slip I am asking important questions ~
When was the last time you were at a pc cooking show ?
Have you ever hosted your own?
Are you familiar with the hostess specials and how well PC takes care of there hostess?
Is there something particular your looking for in the catalog?

When they hand you back the door prize slip make sure you have all the info on there you want - address, phone# email. And Make sure you can read what they have written down. Ask for clearification if you need it.

When they walk away I write down where I met them and the answers to my questions that way when you follow up with them you can bring them back to the conversation .

Don't order anything new or extra just for the "garage sale".

You know I was thinking about this.... what if you were to order a few of the items that we can use as door prizes off the supply list. Like the easy opener, strainer, seasons best, twixit clip then you could have something to sell, maybe at a sell price (granted not 50cents) but less than book price and maybe you could get some interest. If they don't sell.... then you are set for door prizes for awhile.

1. What types of products can I sell at a garage sale to promote my Pampered Chef business?

You can sell any Pampered Chef products that are in good condition and that you no longer want to keep in your inventory. This can include kitchen gadgets, cookware, and other kitchen items.

2. How can I make my garage sale stand out and attract more customers?

One way to make your garage sale stand out is to offer special promotions or discounts on your Pampered Chef products. You can also create eye-catching signs and advertise on social media to attract more potential buyers.

3. Can I offer cooking demonstrations or samples during my garage sale?

Yes, you can set up a small cooking station and offer samples of your Pampered Chef products to potential customers. This can help showcase the quality and usefulness of the products and encourage people to make a purchase.

4. How can I effectively promote my Pampered Chef business during the garage sale?

In addition to displaying and selling your products, you can also hand out business cards or flyers with information about your Pampered Chef business. You can also offer special discounts or promotions to customers who book a Pampered Chef party during the garage sale.

5. What should I do with any leftover Pampered Chef products after the garage sale?

If you still have some products left, you can either keep them for future garage sales or donate them to a local charity. You can also offer them as hostess gifts for future Pampered Chef parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefSteph06
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • caryd
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
caryd
  • cwinter474