• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Funny Door Prize Fun at My Open House!

In summary, the speaker shared their experience of trying out a fun game at their open house using a tri-fold board with different sections for specials and prizes. They used numbered paper for the prizes and had the guest choose from them, with the option of a "banker's bribe" prize. The speaker also mentioned incorporating items from the Surprise boxes at a conference and how the guests enjoyed the classic items the most. The speaker will share a picture of the game and plans to use it at their upcoming show.
Kelley Sells
Well, I tried it out at my open house and it was FUNNY as I had a couple of bugs....LOL.....
I have a tri-fold board that I got at staples, one side has the host and guest special for the month, other has the drawing ticket breakdown and then a section for consultants to be......and any other specials I have running....
In the middle I took some 8 x11 photo paper and did numbers 1-8.....then I decided on 8 door prizes to use.....I printed up the numbers, cut them and then printed the prizes and attached THOSE to the back of the NUMBERS...so like the suitcases with the money in them.....then I did a part where it shows the Prizes that CAN be won......I also put aside 3 prizes to use as the Bankers Bribes.....
So, I drew the name from my doorprize tickets,and had her pick her "suitcase".....we put that aside without knowing what was behind it...
Then I had her pick 3 suitcases...everytime a prize was shown, I would pull it from the board....then the banker called and offered her a "prize" and when she turned it down, I had her pick 2 cases....same thing, banker calls, she keeps going, had her pick one suitcase, banker calls, then down to the one she has and the one left and pretty much you know then what is in it.....
Then when they are done, if they have the "booby" prize, I let them pick one of the three the banker was using.....:D
I didn't have it down pat, which was more funny.....but we had fun.....something different and NEW......I used alot of the stuff I got from the Surprise boxes at conference and they LOVED the "classic" items the best....LOL...next year I LOAD up on that stuff.....

Love this ideaKelly,
I'm kinda a visual person, did you take a picture of this board before you started?? I'd love to see it if you did.

I'm loving this idea and trying to figure out how I could do this at a show?? or is it more for just at a Mystery Host/Open house type event??

Thanks,

Lisa

Sounds like a really fun idea. How did you determine who would play?EDIT-- just re-read, and saw that you drew her name. Duh-Sorry!

I will takea pic of it this week when I get it back together again....LOL...

It was really easy and it was fun, you could do it at a show, it would be alot of fun to have them fill out their slips to play....anyone not filling out a slip, well, they won't play, or if your offering tickets at the show, you can do that too.....

I THINK what I'm going to do this Friday at my show friday is seperate the tickets and the slips.....the SLIPS will get to play DOND and the tickets will have a small give away.....maybe a bread tube seeing as though I have a TON of them from conference.....LOL....no complaints, people LOVE getting them as a prize.

I will post the pic by Thurs.

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that you had a fun and successful open house using the tri-fold board and the suitcase game. It sounds like a great way to showcase the host and guest specials and keep everyone engaged with the different prizes and banker's bribes. I love that you incorporated some of the items from the Surprise boxes at conference - it's always fun to see what new products are available. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and I hope you continue to have success with this game at future parties! Happy pampering!

1. What is a "Funny Door Prize" at an open house?

A "Funny Door Prize" is a fun and lighthearted way to reward guests for attending your open house. It is a small gift or prize that is typically given out through a random drawing or game. The goal is to add some excitement and humor to your event while also enticing guests to stay until the end.

2. How do I choose a "Funny Door Prize" for my open house?

When selecting a "Funny Door Prize," consider your audience and the theme of your open house. You can choose a funny kitchen gadget, a humorous cookbook, or a playful kitchen towel. It's also a good idea to keep the prize small and affordable.

3. Can I have more than one "Funny Door Prize" at my open house?

Yes, you can have as many "Funny Door Prizes" as you'd like at your open house. In fact, having multiple prizes can make the event more engaging and increase the chances of guests winning something.

4. How do I incorporate the "Funny Door Prize" into my open house?

The best way to incorporate the "Funny Door Prize" into your open house is to announce it at the beginning of the event and remind guests periodically throughout the event. You can also incorporate the prize into a game or activity, such as a kitchen-related trivia game or a scavenger hunt.

5. Can I personalize the "Funny Door Prize" for my open house?

Absolutely! Personalizing the "Funny Door Prize" can make it more meaningful and memorable for your guests. You can add a funny quote or inside joke, or even include your business logo for promotional purposes. Just make sure the personalization is appropriate and aligns with your brand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
flemings99
  • ChefAna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
thefoodking
Replies
Views
Admin Greg