• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraising for Non-Profit Preschool: Ideas & Suggestions Needed

parents, teachers, kids...involved. Offer a little money for each recruit that you get, and also tell them about the business opportunity. Offer them a gift card (Walmart, restaurants, etc...) that appeals to them, and also have incentives for the most recruits or the most bookings. You might also want to off the board members something for having the highest sells- like a free cooking party where you bring the ingredients.
beepampered
I'm hosting a fundraiser for a non-profit preschool where the moms are low income. I can't depend on the parents and/or teachers to bring in a lot of orders but I would like to involve the board members. Several work in big offices so I thought they could pass a catalog around the office. Does anyone have a form to put on top of the catalog? What have you given the parents in the past (might not do it but won't to see it all). Any other suggestions of how to encourage them to get more orders?

Thanks.

Do a search for fundraiser. I pulled up alot of usual documents when I did mine. I would give the parents the same catalog that you are giving the adults. Stress that they can earn the products FREE if they host a show. That atleast gives the organization $3 just because they booked. Encourage them to get bookings. You can offer the organization a little money ($10??) for each recruit that you get. Maybe you can recruit the mothers. Also, tell them about the bridal registry. Maybe someone they know is getting married, or maybe they are. Also, I'd offer the parents and the child an incentive. Many wants something for doing a fundraiser, and especially kids. Maybe offer the high selling child a large stone for the mom and a $15 gift card for Toys R Us for the child. Or maybe have incentives for the most recruits or the most bookings. You might even want to off the board members something for having the highest sells- like a free cooking party where you bring the ingredients. I'd also use your website if you can.

Remember, just because the parents are low-income doesn't mean that Aunt Betty & Grandma Mary are.

Thanks for your thoughts Amy. Unfortunately, many of the parents are from chronically poor families - single moms who are still teenagers and marriage is no where in sight. However, some of the parents are immigrants struggling to make ends meet but have potential to break the cycle.

I will look again through the files - I didn't find anything that I thought would be ideal but I'll try again. Thanks for your encouragement. It's out of town so I'm mailing everything. I'll have to have the host (my mom) decide who gets what. Thanks.

Oh, ok. Well, I'd definitely have a letter in there about the business opportunity. They might be able to purchase the kit and break that cycle. Especially since its income tax season. It sounds like if they have their kids in preschool, they are trying to do better for their children. In the mean time, I'll try and find some good posts for you.

They have their kids in preschool because they are working. The nonprofit was started by a Catholic nun who wanted to help low-income kids have better childcare rather than being thrown with distracted grandma in front of the tv. With a state program that pays for 4 year old kindergarten, the nonprofit is losing the students that require the lowest ratio and give the most profit. They are having a hard time making ends meet. The PC fundraiser won't be the solution but it will provide money for much needed supplies. Thanks.

I just bumped a fundraising letter with info. Hope that helps. I used Scott's stuff for mine.

Thanks Amy, I'll go look at it and come up with something. Having my somewhat reluctant mom as a host doesn't help matters. Thanks...

beepampered said:
They have their kids in preschool because they are working.
Don't write them off just because they are low income. I am the PTO co-president of my son's middle school. 54% of the student body is on free lunches. I was shocked at how many of the lower income families participated in the big fall fundraiser....and sold LOTS of stuff! (They don't come to PTO meetings but they sure can sell!) If the parents are working, they are in offices or places surrounded by people. I'd definitely think about offering incentives (gift cards) that appeal to them...Walmart, restaurants...something that they might consider a luxury. While it's easier for us to give the parents PC stuff, it might not be as much of an incentive. OR give them the option of choosing from a short list of incentives.I'm soon to be in the same position. I'm doing a fundraiser for the chorus at my son's school and as I've said above, about half are lower income. I've got to come up with incentives that will appeal to everyone.

I agree with Lisa - get everyone involved in raising funds by giving them packets and a goal (5 orders per person) and share what they'll get if they each reach their goal. Give regular updates and have a major kick-off or ending to the fundraiser by doing a live cooking show demonstration for everyone. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

So, I've re-created a few documents that I'm posting here. I'm going to let the host (my mom) decide on who to give this stuff to. She'll probably skip the parents but might give them an option. I'm too cheap to give incentives since I don't know how it will work or if they will do it.

This is our second fundraiser and hopefully it will be better than the last which was basically a cooking show in her home. Thanks for letting me know if there is anything I'm missing or if something isn't clear.

Attachments

• ParentLetter.doc
    30 KB · Views: 272
  • CoverLetter.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 326
  • FundraiserOrderForm.doc
    66.5 KB · Views: 496
  • CatalogCover.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 342
I think that those are good!! I hope all goes well with your FUNdraiser!!!

1. How can we make the most profit for our non-profit preschool fundraiser?

One of the best ways to make the most profit for your non-profit preschool fundraiser is to offer products that are high quality and in demand. Consider partnering with a trusted brand like Pampered Chef to offer kitchen tools or food items that people will be excited to purchase. You can also set a goal for your fundraising campaign and offer incentives for reaching certain milestones.

2. What are some unique fundraising ideas for a non-profit preschool?

Some unique fundraising ideas for a non-profit preschool include hosting a cooking class or bake sale featuring recipes made with Pampered Chef products, organizing a community yard sale or silent auction, or even creating a cookbook featuring recipes from parents and teachers at the preschool.

3. How can we involve our preschool students in the fundraising process?

There are many ways to involve preschool students in the fundraising process. You can have them create artwork that can be turned into products like mugs or tote bags, have them help with a bake sale or lemonade stand, or even have them participate in a sponsored walk or fun run. These activities not only engage the students but also help them learn about giving back to their community.

4. What are some effective ways to promote our non-profit preschool fundraiser?

Social media is a great way to promote your non-profit preschool fundraiser. Create a buzz by posting about the upcoming fundraiser and sharing information about the products or activities you will be offering. You can also reach out to local businesses and ask if they would be willing to advertise or donate items for a raffle or silent auction. Additionally, word of mouth is always a powerful tool, so encourage parents, students, and staff to spread the word to their friends and family.

5. Can we customize the products we offer for our non-profit preschool fundraiser?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers customization options for certain products, such as adding a logo or message to kitchen tools or creating a personalized cookbook. This is a great way to make your fundraiser unique and showcase your preschool's branding. Contact a Pampered Chef consultant for more information and options for customization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
3girls
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
  • tabailey