• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraisers - Let's Utilize Them!

In summary, Linda is trying to figure out how to market her fundraisers to get the most donations. She searched for "non profit" in her county and read through them. She has a list of her initial targets, which are animal rescue groups, women's shelters, sports groups, mom's clubs, optimist clubs, and high school athletic boosters clubs. She is also going to contact the first grade teachers at her son's school, the local high schools, and the PTO from a local public elementary.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
One of my goals for 2009 is to have more fundraisers. I'm trying to figure out the best way to actively market them and who to target them to. Anyone had any great advice they'd like to share? I did a google search yesterday for "non profit" in my county and read through them - I have a list a page long of my initial victems....ahem....targets! LOL

I'd love to hear about some of your successes and tips on what to do and what not to do. I want to break into the market of high $$ fundraisers - not piddly little ones (those are okay to, but mot my main target).

Linda, your so right. I'd love to do more fundraisers this year. What are some of the "target" types you chose for your list?

I chose:

Animal Rescue Groups (some that are for specific breeds)
Women's shelters
Sports groups (one is an Xtreme Softball Association)
Mom's Club
Youth Program
High School Athletic Boosters Club
Optimist Club (my gf is very involved with them)

I'm also going to talk to the first grade teachers at my son's school to see if they want to to do a grade-level fundraiser to help write off the cost of the upcoming field trip to the GA Aquarium or to buy supplies.

and the Local High Schools to see if any of their clubs/teams need to raise money

My neighbor is the Head Coach and Athletics Director for a new Private School that is close by. I'm going to talk to him too - however, I really don't think that school does fundraising.

Who else should we target?

Linda, look for your local MOPS groups too! We have done a few within our group, and have had good success, especially with being able to gather orders from all over the US! :)

Great idea Cori. thanks!

List sounds great. I would say churches too but I haven't gone to church since I had my two older kids. (I know shame on me.) I didn't do a fundraiser last year so I'm a little scared on how to approach these organizations. I just e-mailed two ladies from a Soroptimist group I joined back in November to see who I should contact. My county came up with American Red Cross, Animal Save, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Child Advocates of Nevada County, Children of Chernobyl, Sierra Nevada Children Services, Hospice of the Foothills and more.

Do you have a certain script you use? I've seen some on here but I know I'll get tongue twisted if I get nervous/excited about talking with them.

coriatc said:
Linda, look for your local MOPS groups too! We have done a few within our group, and have had good success, especially with being able to gather orders from all over the US! :)

Okay do I feel stupid, what is MOPS?

Mothers of Preschoolers ... check out MOPS.org

Silly me. Thanks

Great. Thanks Cori, found one in my area.

I am setting one up with the PTO (parent teacher organization) from a local public elementary. I think I might try some other ones after we see how this one goes. We are going to focus it toward the teachers and do a dessert show. I am also giving a bonus $10 to the PTO for any teacher that books a show. This can lead to sooo many new circles, since everyone has different friends outside of work!

I was just curious on since I don't know these people if sending the fundraiser letter first and than following up in a couple of days with them or should I call them first? I've never done fundraisers and want to do it the right way. Thanks.

So, I'm curious--how are you approaching them?

Nanisu said:
So, I'm curious--how are you approaching them?

I would LOVE to know this too!

noelskitchen said:
bumping, still curious

Bump...........anyone want to share their approach?

I'm in the process of following Linda's lead on getting my targets ready, but I still want to know how to approach.

Here are some forms I have "Borrowed":blushing: from here, but I don't know the authors to give them credit.:eek: If they will work for you, you are welcome to "Borrow" them from me.

Attachments

• FUNDRAISER PROFIT BREAKDOWN-40 members.doc
    32 KB · Views: 516
  • TOP 10 REASONS TO HOST fundraiser.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 729
I looked over these Lisa and I am confused about the 25% donation. You don't say where the extra 10% comes from. Do you give that as well as the $ bonuses for the $2,500 and above level? Do Consultants get a flat 15% regardless of the amount the fundraiser is? I am presuming this "boosts" our monthly sales so that we get more commission on them, right? I noticed one of your reasons was that you provided everything but the ingredients for the Show. Do you actually cook for these? I too want to try to get at least one per quarter although once a month would be great!

amy07 said:
Bump...........anyone want to share their approach?

I'm in the process of following Linda's lead on getting my targets ready, but I still want to know how to approach.

bumping again........

I've got quite a list, but I'm such a chicken sometimes!!:eek: So, for the fundraiser pros, how do you approach them??

I haven't had time to work this yet. I need to start thinking about it again. Thanks for the kick :)

Since reading this thread, I have been searching through the fundraiser threads to see if I could find some more information on this.

Here is a link about approaching "Relay for Life" teams that was started by Amy last month.

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f5/relay-life-48646/

After coming across that thread, I called the local chapter and left a voice mail about attending the upcoming kick-off meeting. I will keep my fingers crossed that there are no other PC reps already involved, and they have the interest.

pcchefjane said:
I looked over these Lisa and I am confused about the 25% donation. You don't say where the extra 10% comes from. Do you give that as well as the $ bonuses for the $2,500 and above level? Do Consultants get a flat 15% regardless of the amount the fundraiser is? I am presuming this "boosts" our monthly sales so that we get more commission on them, right? I noticed one of your reasons was that you provided everything but the ingredients for the Show. Do you actually cook for these? I too want to try to get at least one per quarter although once a month would be great!

I don't see the 25% donation that your talking about on the flyer she posted.

ok, guess I should go back and read my own threads.:eek:

But I'm serious when I say that I still don't know how to approach these groups! Obviously I know that a personal call is best, but should I mail/email something and then call? Call first? AcckkkK!! Help me - I need guidance. Plus, it would be my luck that the founder is a PC consultant!:rolleyes:

I know a lot of consultants will give some or even all of their commission when the fundraiser hits a certain level. In the past I have said when the fundraiser hits $3,000 I will donate another 5% which as a director is 25% of what I earn. That fundraiser went off at $2,980ish because they didn't want me to donate my commission. So, I quit offering that as an incentive.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for this thead! I just heard back from my local Relay for life coordinater. I am so excited, they may be intrested in having me do a fundraiser for them!!! :chef:

:thumbup::thumbup: for you!! I never heard back from the coordinator for my area, so I will try calling back tomorrow!

What is a fundraiser and how does it work?

A fundraiser is an event or campaign that is organized to raise money for a specific cause or organization. At Pampered Chef, we offer a fundraising program where individuals or groups can sell our products and earn a percentage of the sales as a donation to their chosen cause. Participants can sell products through in-person events or online, and the donations are processed and sent directly to the organization.

What are the benefits of using a fundraiser for my organization?

Fundraisers can be a great way to raise money for your organization while also promoting a sense of community and support. By partnering with Pampered Chef, you can offer high-quality products to your supporters while also earning a percentage of the sales. This can be a more profitable and enjoyable alternative to traditional fundraising methods such as selling candy bars or hosting car washes.

How do I get started with a fundraiser through Pampered Chef?

To get started, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to register your organization for a fundraiser. Once registered, you will receive a unique fundraising link that can be shared with your supporters. You can also choose from a variety of fundraising tools and resources to help make your event a success.

What types of organizations can participate in Pampered Chef fundraisers?

Any type of organization can participate in our fundraising program, including schools, sports teams, non-profits, churches, and more. We also offer individual fundraisers for individuals who are raising money for a specific cause or event. Our program is open to both small and large organizations, and we are happy to accommodate any fundraising goals.

How much money can my organization expect to raise with a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The amount of money raised through a Pampered Chef fundraiser can vary depending on the size of your organization and the effort put into promoting and selling products. On average, organizations can earn up to 15-20% of the total sales as a donation. Some organizations have raised thousands of dollars through our program, making it a successful and profitable fundraising option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thecougchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jessicafawn
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • pamperedalf