• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraisers and How They Affect Monthly Sales

In summary, Diane is trying to figure out if it is really dishonest to make a fundraising event as a cooking show and then get the host credits herself. She thinks it is okay as long as the organization knows how she is doing it.
dianevill
Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can answer this for me:( . When we do a fundraiser, does that commissionable sales amount go towards the monthly sales amount that determines our commission rate (I know, huh?) Here's what I mean:

Let's say I have a $1000 fundraiser - I get 17% commission (career sales are over $15,000). Now, let's say I have another $2300 in Cooking/Catalog Shows. Is my commission on those shows at the 27% level (since total sales for the month are $4000) or 25% (since my cooking/catalog shows totals are $2300)?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!
Diane

I was wondering this too...I am really disappointed that we get penalized for doing f/r...why can't it be the same pay?

One option I've seen some people say they do is to turn in a fundraiser as a cooking show, take the host credits yourself and pay the 15% to the organization out of your commission. Since you would earn 20 - 27% commission depending on sales, you would lose very little doing this and get lots of free and half price credits. Of course, you could also give the person acting as host in the organization a gift out of your free product credits.

Does anyone else do this? I do at least one f/r a month and hate that I get paid less for selling the same products.

Diane,

I'm currently have a show and fundraiser in Pampered Partner and the two combined have me just over $1400 in sales - PP shows I get 23% for the show and 15% for the fundraiser so it would be your combined sales from both that determines your percentage - which is good!! Hope this helps!

Gina

It does!Thanks for the clarification, Gina!

Diane

pcjeanie -- that is NOT a good idea. If HO knew we were doing that, I think they'd be VERY disappointed. It's a shame we don't get paid as much for FR, but still...it's better to be honest in our business IMO.

Yes FR do count for the monthly sales. You do not get bumped up on that commission, but on the other shows that you submit for that month.

dishonestI like the idea of getting free product and just eating the money yourself. That way, you can also get a tax write-off for giving to a nonprofit. I'm trying to decide if it's really dishonest. It seems like to me that HO shouldn't care what you do with your commission money when you get it. They wouldn't get upset if you gave 10% to your church or decided to support your neice's mission trip with any money you give so why would they care if you made an official fundraiser out of it? I'm sure they don't care that I match their 15% with an additional 5% of my own money. Just thinking about this cause I might do it next chance I get - I need more products....BEE

I agree, its not like we aren't going to give them the money. I checked and on my last FR, I would have gotten 550+ in FPV and 4 HP items. Plus discount... I would have given the school some items to raffle off (they have auctions and stuff.. (cookware, maybe let them choose $x so much) and then the 15%. The school rec'd a check for 383.69 I think was the exact amount. Now, If I had done this as a cooking show, I would have made around 600+, then all the free products. It is something to throw around in my head until the next one. With doing it this way, we would get the bumped up commission rate and give the org more than PC does. We could even make up a flyer explaing to the org how we would do it, sales, free products. all that stuff.. Something to think about. I am still trying to figure it out for myself. :) I don't think it is really dishonest,(a little shady, maybe) it just means we get the tax break instead of PC for donating. IMO, I think I need it more than they do. They are a million dollar a year company after all, they aren't doing tooo bad.

I just wanted to clarify something. My earlier post said "some people have said they do this". In fact, I have not. I haven't even held a fundraiser yet.

Jeanie Gay

I think it is totally fine as long as the organization gets all the money they would with a normal fundraiser. I agree that what we do with our own commision is our business, and as long as the organization knows how we are doing it. I think even PC would be okay as long as no one is in the dark.

spoiledchef- I do not think this is being dishonest. It would be dishonest to say it is for a fundraiser and keep the money yourself, but simply putting a different title on it and giving the org the same (if not more) then it would have received with a titled fundraiser is perfectly fine in my book.

1. How do fundraisers affect my monthly sales as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Fundraisers can have a significant impact on your monthly sales as a consultant. They can bring in a large number of orders, which can increase your overall sales and commission. However, it's important to keep in mind that fundraisers often come with a lower commission rate compared to regular parties, so your total commission may not be as high.

2. Can I use fundraisers to boost my monthly sales?

Absolutely! Fundraisers are a great way to bring in additional sales and reach new customers. They allow you to tap into different networks and communities, and can bring in a large number of orders at once. Just be sure to plan and promote your fundraiser effectively to maximize its impact on your monthly sales.

3. Will my monthly sales be affected if I don't participate in fundraisers?

Not necessarily. While fundraisers can be a helpful tool in increasing your monthly sales, they are not the only way to do so. As a consultant, you have the flexibility to focus on other aspects of your business, such as regular parties and online sales, to boost your monthly sales.

4. Are there any specific rules or guidelines for hosting a fundraiser through Pampered Chef?

Yes, there are certain guidelines and rules that must be followed when hosting a fundraiser through Pampered Chef. These include obtaining permission from the organization, adhering to the fundraiser commission rate, and ensuring that all orders are placed through your personal consultant account. It's important to review and understand these guidelines before hosting a fundraiser.

5. How can I track the impact of a fundraiser on my monthly sales?

Pampered Chef provides a detailed report of all orders placed through fundraisers, which can be found in your consultant account. This report will show the total sales, commission earned, and any other relevant information for each fundraiser. You can use this report to track the impact of fundraisers on your monthly sales and adjust your strategies accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies