• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated with Bank Deposits: My Story

In summary, the teller shorted me $6.01 when I made a deposit Friday afternoon. I just told her to make the deposit anyway and she deposited the money without counting it. I looked at my receipt when I got to another stop and the amount of the deposit was only $1.80 short, not $6.01. I remembered in the process of things that I needed cash back and she did not give me my $3.21. I am on hold with the bank to find out where my $3.21 is. I am seriously thinking about switching banks because of the poor service I have received from this bank.
jrstephens
I went to make a deposit Friday afternoon on my way out of town. Well, after 20 minutes of waiting the teller comes to tell me I am $6.01 off (short). I just tell her to make the deposit anyway. Then I tell her well just give it back to me b/c I know I counted it 3 times before I filled it out. She holds it up in the window to count it for me! I just get mad and tell her to just deposit it that I am in a hurry and need to go. I look at my receipt when I get at another stop and the amount of the deposit is inly $1.80 short NOT $6.01 and then I remembered in the process of things she did not give me my $3.21 cash back I need to give a customer change.

This makes so many times that I have had problems with this bank and I am seriously thinking about swapping in the next few weeks when I have a lull in bookings to give it time to swap over.

I am on hold with them now to find out where my $3.21 is! I so wish I had of demanded my deposit back instead of having it counted by holding up in a window for me!!! UHH!!! And I of course do not have a copy of my deposit reciept since the bank has it to be able to look at anything.

I hate banks. I hate them. They're evil. I should know, my husband works for one. I really wish we could go back to the days of hiding your money in your mattress.

Just got off the phone. Teller had an attitude from the beginning of the conversation!!

She said she just counted the cash and the checks and deposited it all. Did not look at the slip to see I needed cash back!!! What do I fill a desposit slip out for??!!!??

She said she meant my cash was $6.01 short not the deposit. Well, tell me how can my cash be short and my deposit not be short?

She says she put the entire amount in my account and does not have the $3.21.

I am pretty sure after this I will be swapping banks soon. And calling to tell the main branch why! Also, the final nail in the coffin for me, their deposit receipt "Wishes me the best of the season" NOT "Merry Christmas" like my other banks!

That bites! I had the bank short my $20 once in the drive thru. Luckily I counted the money before I left and went inside to let them know. The girl had to take 15 minutes to count her drawer to see if she was over! UGH!

I always try to go inside whenever possible. The lines are always shorter plus it gives you that personal connection with your bank.

I have always worked at a bank, but it sucks when you get horrible service, and when you work in that business. im sorry that happened. I would def switch banks.

I use an ATM most of the time! If there is a mistake it is my fault! One time it gave me extra cash back (like $80)!!

I know the question everyone asks.... "Did you keep it!"

No, I did the right thing and took it back to the bank when they were open later that day! I figured the person behind me or in front of me didn't get their money!

Sometimes when I get my CC bill from that same bank I think, "I should have kept it (LOL)!"

I'm sorry Jen, that is just rotten! No matter where I go, I can't stand getting an attitude, without the customer, they have no job! And I will complain because I don't need that attitude! Now if someone is having a bad day, I can understand, but an attitude is another thing!
If you don't mind my asking, which bank do you bank with? I have 2 accounts (my hubby and my account and a personal account at one bank and then I have a personal and business account at another bank, I was going to cancel the personal one (it was what I use to use for PC) when I got the business account and the girl was like "Cathy, I didn't talk you into the business account so that you could cancel your personal one!" So I went ahead and kept it because she waved my monthly fee and gave me extras to keep it! I also have a savings account and my kids' savings accounts there too! I am friends with everyone at both banks and I have had shows with many of the tellers! I go in most of the time especially for my business banking because there are so many checks! But at both banks they call me by name and know my kids and their names and what their favorite suckers are! I sometimes will take forever to get out of the bank because I get along so good with them all! And if I ever have a problem they know me and they work with me and never treat me like cr*p! Change banks Jen and then go in with PC treats and a great smile and you'll make friendly connections and probably get shows booked too!;) :D

Last edited:
I used to work for a major nationwide bank chain as a mortgage person... I strongly dislike banks, but I could not believe how terribly the customers treated our tellers and bankers. Thank heavens that I just worked in the bank and not really for them- but for their mortgage division which was separate from the actual bank/company.

Are any of you as confussed as I am? :) LOL

I would truly switch banks. I'm thinking of going back to the Credit Union myself...

Switch banks. Thankfully I live in an area that has plenty of banks within a small area to choose from. When I opened my PC account, I chose a different bank from where we have our personal accts to 'test drive' it. We were so impressed within the first week, we opened a joint account there. Their fees were reasonable and we got a thank you letter when we opened our accounts! Go figure! Their online banking is awesome and our accounts were automatically linked online so if I need to transfer money, it's instant! Do as much research as you can... take all your needs into consideration and hopefully you have enough banks to have competition help you make your choice. Unfortunately of the half dozen or so banks (all within a mile of each other) at least 4 of them I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole... finding a good bank is like finding a good mechanic... or a good dentist... hard to do and when you do, don't let go for anything... well, maybe let go for a merger. LOL...

I bank with USAA and LOVE them! We do almost all of our financial business with them (insurance, some savings, checking, mortgage)...if you or your spouse is a military member I HIGHLY recommend them!
www.usaa.com

Hi-Jack
jrstephens said:
Also, the final nail in the coffin for me, their deposit receipt "Wishes me the best of the season" NOT "Merry Christmas" like my other banks!

I know.......totally off the topic but.........
You've got to view this if you haven't already. :angel:

http://www.citizenlink.org/Stoplight/A000005834.cfm

Merry Christmas!

I'm not sure what your bank is, but if you have BB&T as an option don't pick it. I HATE this bank....
I switched from BB&T about a year ago to a nice local, friendly bank only to have BB&T buy that bank 2 months ago. I opened an account at Bank of America, so I'm slowly transitioning over.

I really like my bank where I have my PC account, despite the fact I couldn't book a show with any of the tellers there, as they already have a consultant they use. They are very close to my house, and very helpful. Also it's a new bank and there's no long lines!

best of the season
I think this is a lovely way not to offend non-Christians who don't celebrate Christmas. Never realized it would offend Christians!

edit - haha, straitfan , very funny!

Last edited:
I like my bank! They called me to offer me a spot at a vendor/craft fair they were holding in their lobby for three days last week.
I was also a teller for a while and things sometimes get wonky but we tellers really try to do our best.

I've had problems with a few banks and my credit union (after it allowed other companies to join) over the years but I love the one I'm with now, Wachovia. If I have a problem, they are eager to help. 24 hour phone, online banking, free checking. We have a joint account and my personal account for PC and I can transfer money between them anytime day or night and it shows up immediately. I opened my personal account over the phone with no deposit. They told me just make at least a $50 deposit within 30 days to activate it. First time I've ever heard of that. lol The people are really friendly and helpful both on the 800 number and also at the local branches. Good luck.

I usually stick with Credit Unions, not banks. I've had an account at one for 30 years. Only a couple minor issues over all those years and pretty much only with major system changes. I've been pretty happy.

straitfan said:
I know.......totally off the topic but.........
You've got to view this if you haven't already. :angel:

http://www.citizenlink.org/Stoplight/A000005834.cfm

Merry Christmas!

A friend sent that to me the other day! :)

Bad service is never acceptable!! I have gotten to the point where I speak to a manager when I receive poor service so that they are aware of how their employees are treating their customers.
I'm a manager at a bank :)yuck: I know-the enemy!!) and I want to hear when my employees aren't providing good customer - and when they are!

(by the way, who can I call when the customer isn't nice to me or my employees!!:rolleyes: )

I hate banks who treat their clients like that! It gives the good banks (like mine!) a bad name. We do our best to give GOOD customer service ALL the time.I say "happy holidays" and always will - I'm a Christian and I celebrate Christmas but I know too many people (including many of my clients) who do not and I don't feel it's right to shove my holiday down their throats.

The word "holiday" is derived from the words "holy day" (and isn't that what Christmas is?). So I consider it just another appropriate greeting for the Christmas Season.
Have a Blessed Holiday!

1. Why did you become frustrated with bank deposits?

I became frustrated with bank deposits because I was constantly encountering errors and delays in the deposit process. It seemed like every time I made a deposit, there would be some issue that would cause a delay in the funds appearing in my account.

2. What specific issues did you experience with bank deposits?

Some of the issues I experienced with bank deposits included incorrect deposit amounts, deposits being credited to the wrong account, and long processing times that caused delays in accessing my funds.

3. How did these issues affect your business?

These issues had a major impact on my business as it caused delays in receiving payments from customers and made it difficult to manage my cash flow. It also created a lot of frustration and stress for me as I had to constantly follow up with the bank to resolve these issues.

4. Did you try to resolve these issues with your bank?

Yes, I did try to resolve these issues with my bank. However, the process was often time-consuming and involved multiple phone calls and visits to the bank. Even after raising the issues, there were still instances where the problems persisted.

5. How has using alternative payment methods helped with your frustration?

Switching to alternative payment methods, such as online payment platforms, has significantly reduced my frustration with bank deposits. These methods are more efficient and reliable, with faster processing times and fewer errors. It has also made it easier for customers to make payments, resulting in smoother transactions for my business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lkbcovington
  • VAGirlChef