• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Trouble Is It to Change Banks?

In summary, it would take a while to switch banks because of all the paperwork and the fact that the drive-thru is not very fast. You would also want to keep your other account open just in case something goes wrong.
jrstephens
My bank just keeps aggravating me and I am considering swapping banks. how do I do this with my PC debit card attached to the account.

It takes forever at the drive-thru and if one particular girl is working then it may take her 15 minutes for a simple deposit and we have to go over it b/c most of the time it does not total for her (she does NOT need to be in drive-thru).

And not too long ago when I deposited a couple of shows at the same time, I know they were talking about why I had so much money b/c the girl came back to the window and said " I told them you sold Pampered Chef and not Mary Kay." Well, why else would they be talking about what I do? I almost called the manager about that.

No trouble at all. From CC, go to Managing Your Business > Financial Forms and Applications.Select Debit Card to change the bank info for your PC Debit Card.
Select Direct Deposit to change the bank info for your commission checks direct deposit.

Just open an account at the new bank and then notify PC that you are changing the account and give them the info they need.

Personally, I would keep the other account open for a little while until you know everything transferred over.

I would keep the other account open for a while, too. Other than making sure all of your transactions have cleared, it's not hard!

I may do it. I just cannot decide for sure. I have a lot of friends working at the other bank that I really do not want to know the ins and outs of my PC account. That's the bad thing about living in a small town, they all know you. Not that it is anything bad on my account, I just do not like everyone knowing exactly what I make unless I choose to tell them. And I know they will look if they want to b/c I have heard them comment on what others have in the bank.

Once you've moved your account(s), I'd talk to the manager. That's a real breach of confidentiality. I worked in the banking industry years ago, and that should never be tolerated.

Credit Unions are much friendlier. I recommend them over a bank. I have worked for both.

chefkristin said:
Credit Unions are much friendlier. I recommend them over a bank. I have worked for both.

Not any near me. There is one being built in a near by town but it would be a hassle to get there all the time when I need to.

raebates said:
Once you've moved your account(s), I'd talk to the manager. That's a real breach of confidentiality. I worked in the banking industry years ago, and that should never be tolerated.

The only thing is I have other accounts there too. I try to spread my banking between the two in case I ever need to play them off each other, HA!

1. How long does it take to switch banks?

The time it takes to switch banks can vary depending on the bank you are switching to and the services you have with your current bank. Typically, the process can take anywhere from one to four weeks. It's important to plan ahead and give yourself enough time to complete the switch without any inconvenience.

2. Will I have to pay any fees to change banks?

Most banks do not charge a fee for switching to their services. However, you may be charged a fee by your current bank for closing your account. It's important to check with both banks to see if there are any fees associated with switching.

3. What information do I need to switch banks?

You will need to provide your new bank with personal information such as your full name, address, social security number, and a valid form of identification. You will also need to provide information about your current bank account, including the account number and routing number.

4. Will my direct deposits and automatic payments transfer over?

Yes, most banks have a process in place to transfer your direct deposits and automatic payments to your new account. However, it's important to double check with your new bank to ensure all of your payments will transfer over correctly. You may also need to update your payment information with any recurring payments you have set up.

5. Can I keep my current debit card and checks?

In most cases, you will need to order a new debit card and checks from your new bank. However, some banks may allow you to continue using your current debit card and checks until they expire. It's important to check with your new bank to see their policies on this matter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tinat51796
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jrstephens
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Intrepid_Chef