• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated Mom: Navigating DD's Sore Throat & DS's Symptoms

In summary, an expert summarizer of content would say that the speaker is frustrated because they live in a small town and there are no doctors who work on call. Their daughter has been diagnosed with strept throat and their son is showing symptoms. The speaker recommends that the family try to get the son antibiotics without being seen, as the hospital is expensive.
Jennie4PC
I am so frusterated right now. My DD got diagnosed with strept throat on Tues. and now my DS is showing symptoms. The problem I am having is I live in this little town that NO dr.s work on call. We dont have an insta care only the ER. My DS started not feeling well after office hours yesterday so right now the only way I can get him an antibiotic is going to the ER and spending 500:mad:
Sorry I just had to vent here for a min.

I'm sorry- that is pretty steep for an ER visit!!! Do you have a grocery store, or Wal-mart type store that has a minute clinic?

I have never heard of a min. clinic. I was asking one of the dr.s here why they dont have insta care and they said that is why dr.s come to Elko so that they dont have to work weekends.

The hospital here is so expensive. It is the only one within 300+ miles. I went to UT to deliver DD and it was so much cheaper.

How far away is the nearest bigger town, that might have an urgent care center? Sometimes if you call, maybe even the hospital, and tell them that your daughter was diagnosed and treated for Strep, and that your son is now showing all the symptoms, sometimes they will prescribe antibiotics without needing to see him. I know this, as I have my DD who got her tonsils out 2 years ago because of constant strep throat, and the few times my son or I caught it, they just called in antibiotics for us, without needing to be seen!
It's worth a try! Or if you are not too far from a major town, drive him to an urgent care, because they are a heck of a lot cheaper than the hospital! But don't play with Strep Throat, I mean get him seen by someone, because strep throat is not good on the heart and can turn into scarlet fever if pushed out too long, I know this because, when I was little my mom waited a whole weekend and by the time the doctor saw me on Monday, I had Scarlet Tina.... which is just under Scarlet Fever! I'm not trying to scare you, just wanting you to be aware!
Good Luck, hun! I will pray for an inexpensive solution for you, but definetely try to see if you can get him the antibiotics without being seen because of your DD diagnosis!

Cathy I am definitly one that knows the reprocussions to strept. I have mitral stenosis due to rhumatic fever and when my DS was 9 months old I had to have open heart surgery and now I have pig valve put in. They said the valve would last about 6-8 yrs and we are going on 6 yrs. When the pig valve goes I will have a mechanical valve put in.

I wasn't telling you this to lecture you.... I hope you know that! I was mainly trying to give you an idea so that you didn't have to pay so dang much money to get him seen! What did you end up doing? Just curious!

Cathy I know you werent lecturing me I am sure my post made it seem like that I am sorry about that. I decided to wait till tom. Mainly because he isnt complaing of a sore throat but I am sure he has it. I will call the Dr 1st thing n the morning and get a RX. I am worried about him but since DD was diagnosed I have been on antibiotics since Tues.

Related to Frustrated Mom: Navigating DD's Sore Throat & DS's Symptoms

What are some natural remedies for a sore throat?

Some natural remedies for a sore throat include drinking warm liquids like tea with honey, gargling with salt water, using throat sprays or lozenges, and staying hydrated. You can also try using a humidifier or steam to help alleviate symptoms.

How can I tell if my child has strep throat or just a regular sore throat?

If your child has a sore throat accompanied by a high fever, swollen lymph nodes, and white patches on the back of their throat, it is likely a case of strep throat. It's best to take your child to the doctor for a strep test to confirm and receive proper treatment.

What are some kid-friendly meals to make when my child has a sore throat?

Soups, smoothies, and soft foods like mashed potatoes or scrambled eggs are all great options for kids with sore throats. You can also try making a warm and soothing beverage like hot cocoa or herbal tea with honey.

How can I prevent my other children from getting sick while caring for my child with a sore throat?

Make sure to wash your hands frequently, disinfect commonly touched surfaces, and have your sick child wear a mask if possible. Encourage your other children to practice good hygiene habits and avoid sharing utensils or drinks with their sick sibling.

When should I take my child to the doctor for a sore throat?

If your child's sore throat lasts longer than a week, is accompanied by a high fever, difficulty breathing, or difficulty swallowing, it's best to take them to the doctor for further evaluation and treatment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
GeorgiaPeach
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat