• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated with Doctors and Immunizations for My Baby: A Personal Experience

I asked her to write in in my daughter's chart that I asked for the shots to be unbundled. To document in case she had a reaction and to prepare them for her next series. At 12 months she will get the MMR and I know that one is a biggee for Autism. The nurse said, "You can't even get that shot unbundled. You would have to buy a case of 10 doses of each immunization and your insurance won't cover it." So now I have 8 months to figure something out. Because I can just imagine how expensive that would be. And what the heck would I do with 9 doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella immunizations?
Jennie4PC
I just have to say I am so frusterated with dr.s right now My 2 month old had her immunizations (which I hate doing) and she broke out in hives. I took her into the dr and she called the immunization place and they couldnt tell her anything, so she refered me to an allergy clinic and they are now telling me that they dont do testing on babies younger then 6 months. Drs my mom works for says if I do the immunizations I should do them in UT (where she lives) cause there are really good hospitals there and the hospital here is not the best. I am sure I will wait till she is much older like 2 to do her shots and give them 1 by 1. I could call the dr I used to work for I do know what he would say since he doesnt really agree with immunizations. Sorry I had to vent I am very frusterated

I feel your pain. My 4 month old daughter just had shots two days ago. I told the nurse and the doctor good that I didn't want the bundled shots for her. I told them that I wanted her to have 5 individual shots. (after hearing all of the horror stories about Autism and what not from shots)

The lady bringing the shots in said, "We will be giving her 5 shots today" But as she was sticking her I counted the syringes and there were only 3!! I was livid!! All she said was, "Oops, I'm sorry, but these shots are perfectly safe."

I asked her to write in in my daughter's chart that I asked for the shots to be unbundled. To document in case she had a reaction and to prepare them for her next series. At 12 months she will get the MMR and I know that one is a biggee for Autism. The nurse said, "You can't even get that shot unbundled. You would have to buy a case of 10 doses of each immunization and your insurance won't cover it." So now I have 8 months to figure something out. Because I can just imagine how expensive that would be. And what the heck would I do with 9 doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella immunizations?

I was planning on waiting till my daughter was 18 months to do the MMR shot I even talked to the dr about it and she was fine. With my other 2 kids I was very perticular with shots if they had even a slight runny nose they dids not get it my daughter was alittle behind since she had a few seizures at 11 months and I wanted to find out why. I honestly believe she had lead poising. they started shortly after we moved into a new place and stopped right after we got a water filter.

I really trust my kids Dr. I think that is very important. Every one has their own opinion on immunizations. Me I listen to my Dr, all 3 of my kids have had all recommended shots for their age bracket at their immunization visits, we have never had a problem.

But my oldest was a preemie and his shots were "behind" because they waited to give him some. It is a headache with the school because a few were not given on the "proper" dates as he has had several boosters so he can go to school. So I'm sure I will be doing this all over again when my daughter is of age to go to school.

At least make sure they are not having even a runny nose --no sickness at all with the shots...
my youngest was sick at the time of getting a chicken pox vac.. and he got the rash, etc. within 2 HOURS.. i was livid.. called them up, they thought it wasn't necessary to call the immuz. reporting people, etc.. of course i did, nothing i could do for my little guy though. he was fine, but i can't imagine why they insisted on him having them though he was sick. Our doctors are strange... a friend of mine had a similar exp. when her dd was sick, she refused shots and was "written up" as mother refuses care for child or some nonsense...

lickily the dr.'s I use are great they let me go at my own pace

Chef Kearns said:
The lady bringing the shots in said, "We will be giving her 5 shots today" But as she was sticking her I counted the syringes and there were only 3!! I was livid!! All she said was, "Oops, I'm sorry, but these shots are perfectly safe."

Sorry, but the nurse is WRONG! You CAN get the shots unbundled. My sister is the mommy to two little boys (3 & 5) that have autism. After much study and research, she refuses to give her children shots in bundles. Her pediatrician can't/won't give unbundled shots so she found a dr that will separate them. (She uses a DAN--Defeat Autism Now--doctor for vaccines.)

This is YOUR child, stand up for what you feel is right. I had a parent tell me once...the dr is your employee, you are paying him, make him work for you or find one that will. We tend to cower in front of drs thinking that they are so much smarter than we are. But we have been given these precious children to guard and protect. Follow your heart. If it says you aren't comfortable with bundled shots....find a doctor that will work WITH you.

Related to Frustrated with Doctors and Immunizations for My Baby: A Personal Experience

What are some common concerns parents have about immunizations for their baby?

Many parents are worried about the potential side effects of immunizations, such as fever, fussiness, and allergic reactions. They may also be concerned about the number of vaccines given at once and the ingredients used in vaccines.

How do doctors determine the immunization schedule for babies?

The immunization schedule is based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). They consider factors such as the baby's age, health status, and risk of exposure to certain diseases.

Can I delay or skip certain immunizations for my baby?

It is not recommended to delay or skip any immunizations for your baby. Vaccines are given at specific ages to provide the best protection against diseases, and delaying or skipping them can put your baby at risk. If you have concerns, talk to your doctor about a modified schedule that still follows the recommended guidelines.

Are there any alternatives to traditional immunizations for babies?

Some parents may be interested in alternatives to traditional immunizations, such as homeopathic vaccines or delaying vaccines until the child is older. However, these options have not been scientifically proven to be effective and can put your child at risk for serious diseases. It is important to stick to the recommended immunization schedule for the best protection.

How can I best prepare my baby for immunizations?

Before your baby's immunization appointment, make sure they are well-rested and fed. You can also give them a dose of infant acetaminophen (with your doctor's approval) to help with any potential discomfort. During the appointment, try to keep your baby calm and comfort them with hugs and soothing words. After the appointment, continue to monitor your baby for any side effects and contact your doctor if you have any concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lcucinella
  • kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • ChefJoyJ