• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated and Only in Ss1 Month

In summary, the author's first show was a success, but then their recruiter took all the orders and left the author high and dry. They are now struggling to get people to book shows for their second show, which is due in a few months. Their friends and family are not interested in hosting shows. Their fiance is in the military and his friends are all over, so it is difficult to get him to help.
tazzygurl611
Okay, so February is my first SS month and I should have bookings but alas I don't. My family made commitments to help me fulfill my contract but I they aren't following through and are actually starting to avoid me. Very frustrating. I am really starting to worry about how I am going to get the 4 shows to full my contract. I spread the word to everyone and am very enthusiastic about it. I have one catalog show this month and a second in March. I just don't know what to do.

I go to college so my friends are college aged and not interested in PC-- yet. I can't seem to get anyone on board for a party even to just help me out. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I've posted flyers around town, in the post office. I leave catologs wherever I go -- restaurants, doctors offices, etc. I just can't seem to get bookings. If I get leads, I follow through yet no one has time, money or they lose interest even if I explain the host benefits. I really don't know what to-- it doesn't help that my list of 100 people is very small b/c I only have family and my fiance.

Any thoughts on what I can do. My Director is running out of ideas too. :(

How about planning one of the shows for a family member...getting the food...whatever...telling them that you need the practice and could really use their help.

What about any of your professors at school? Hang a catalog, your card, etc on bulletin boards in the student union, etc. How about hosting one on campus for teachers...administration....etc....?

Ask your friends if their mother...father...aunt...cousin...whoever will please help get you started.

Hope this helps...I'm almost in the same boat, but not yet and I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about it.

Sending you warm thoughts for success...catch!

I started January 18th It was my first show, I invited everyone and anyone. I told everyone it was a night out, to watch a cooking demo. And how often as women do we get to have someone cook for us!!! Kinda like an open house!

It Quickly turned into a $800.00 show.

I found that knowing I was recieving amazing products for free just by reaching that goal really helped me out.

I am having so much fun! Act excited people feed off that. Women especially have radar if you are tense, they will sense it, and potentially back out.

About half an hour ago I recieved my spring product bonus!! The more I get the more I want!! Good luck!! Stay positive! FOcus on hosting your first show and more will follow.

grand opening?1. I had 2 grand opening shows so my freinds and family could see what this PC biz was all about. I made them Mystery host shows so two people won the host rewards. I had 16 people (mostly family and a few freinds come support me). However I did get the rest of family and friends to agree to book before signing with PC and got 13 from them!

2.Try asking your fiancees freinds girlfriends or wives! Or ask him (if he works in an office) if you can do an office lunch show.

3.You could go door to door and offer a mini catalog and just straight out ask if they want to host shows? Not something I have done but heard it works for some.

4.Set up at your college campus vendor fairs, or career fairs.

5. Bridal fairs, county fairs, church bazaars etc.

just a few ideas to get you started!

ReI had an opening show that my recruiter got all the commision from. All the attendents got the impression (because she kept saying that I was the Chef and because I was also helping demo) that it was my opening show. I got at 7 outside orders and numerous more at the actual show. Then when she went to close the show she ordered 1/2 price items for herself (because she couldn't get ahold of me) and then took them promising me my 1/2 price items as host when she has another show for herself. I actually didn't get anything from that show that I could use for my business and now my family and friends are pampered chef out.

I don't want to try them too much because in a pinch they will have another show months later i think but i need to book shows now for my SS months. My friends and family aren't going to come to another show. My fiance is in the military and his friends are all over and he's not close to them anymore. It's just so tough. I don't want to give up but I'm feeling tapped out and I think my Director is frustrated because I can't put as much into PC b/c of my school but I do want to make it work and take the business iwth me wherever I relocate with my future husband.

I do like the idea of fairs and my recruiter was also interested in doing them with me, especially the bridal because i will be a new bride -- they are just really expensive and there is no guarentee that I will get leads or recruits. I'm puzzled... i used to do AVON and that was actually much simplier.... no demo shows... just pass out the catalog.

Last edited:
hang in there!I'm puzzled... i used to do AVON and that was actually much simplier.... no demo shows... just pass out the catalog.

I too did Avon before PC and actually hated it! While you didn't do the home show thing with Avon it was hard to get the books out every other week, fill all the orders, deliver then to have to turn around and do it over again killed me!

I hesitated too with the home show part of PC at first but now actually love it! Meeting new people has made me step out of my comfort zone and I have grown so much (personally) from this experience! (I started in Nov of 2005). Hang in there!

Could you do something on base perhaps? Do they have a meeting hall or something you could hang flyers there and get a "military wives club" group together for a show?

Keep the on campus school fairs in mind too, they usually have at least 2 a semester around our local college. And craft fairs happen 2x a year in my area.

Good luck!

your recruiter does not sound very nice. Because that show is meant to help your business. and it sounds like you didn't get much out of it. I bought everything before i hosted my first show, that way I knew that I would actually profit as well as start my business off. I had my family break up the orders they wanted because they new they were going to be attending a few parties.

I would think twice before sharing something again with your recruiter if she is not very fair!!

Did you book any parties from your first show?? Do you have any daycares in your area? What about a fundraising show?

I too tried avon I bought more then I ever sold! I look at my time being money and I am astonished at how little time I have to spend at a party and what type of commission we make, its really not that bad.

We have to start by cheering you up. Don't quit before you start!!! Call each of the people that were at your party and have them think of 10 people they know that would benefit from the pampered chef. If they can't think of 10, then 5. now those that come up with 10 ask them to book a party if they can't ask them for the numbers of the ten people. get on the phone with them.

You will get more no's then yes's but it will be the yes' that will make this successful.

Where are you located??

Tazzy,
Where is your husband stationed? Is it a new assignment or has he been there a while? My husband is USAF and we moved to Germany right after getting married. He really helped me jump start my business here by having catalogs on his desk at work. Lots of the women came in, picked one up, then ordered from my website without having to spend the time attending a show. Most of the men also picked up catalogs to take home to their wives!! Being overseas, the men thought they would be the hero at home if they found a Pampered Chef consultant when their wife's had been separated from them in some way. You will enjoy the military life if you go into it with a 'can do' attitude!!

Since no one has asked yet, I will. When's the wedding??????

If you have any other questions about being a new consultant or a new military wife, feel free to PM me!!

tazzygurl611 said:
I had an opening show that my recruiter got all the commision from. All the attendents got the impression (because she kept saying that I was the Chef and because I was also helping demo) that it was my opening show. I got at 7 outside orders and numerous more at the actual show. Then when she went to close the show she ordered 1/2 price items for herself (because she couldn't get ahold of me) and then took them promising me my 1/2 price items as host when she has another show for herself. I actually didn't get anything from that show that I could use for my business and now my family and friends are pampered chef out.

WHAT??????

Your recruiter took your commissions from your opening show? What made him/her think that was appropriate?

who recieved all the free product?????

Your Recruiter did what?!:eek:
If you were officially signed up as a consultant, that should not have happened. Or were you hosting the show to get your kit at a discount? Even if that is the case, you were supposed to get the free and half priced products.

reMy fiance is stationed at FT. Detrick (MD) and I am pursuing some women at the base to do a party. We are planning on getting married as soon as I graduate in May and then have a ceremony once he becomes an officer. We have to get married so I can get benefits but we can't afford a wedding (at least not my dream one) right now.

I have to admit I did buy a lot of products from AVON but I found that most of my customers were repeat buyers because one needs makeup daily and it needs to be replenished. It was more work with the catalogs but I joined PC because I saw more opportunity to earn money with their products and I liked the fact that we have Cluster meetings and everyone is supportive. Oh and I do like the fact that we don't have to hand out the orders, the host gets that task.

My recruiter told me that it was going to be my coming out show and that she was going ot help me demo and everything. I was shocked that I got all these FREE products when the products came in and then my recruiter calls and gives me a list of stuff that she added to my bill and told me that any 1/2 off items I earned she will let me order when she puts in her catalog show in March. I was baffled b/c I had thought she had helped me by ordering items FREE and discounted for me to use with my business since she knew I was just starting. She got the commission and everything. I'm not so mad about the commission part as I am about not getting my products. I just was very shocked that she had to put the order in so quickly ( it wasn't the end of the month) and that she didn't call/email me to ask me about what products I wanted to purchase. I put in at the party a small order and told her to let me know how much I get FREE and how many 1/2 off I get so I can add on. She never did, instead she closed. I was already signed up and recieved my kit so I just wanted to add more tools to demo by doing this party. I thought it was my opening party but alas she made me into a host :mad:

Thanks for the help guys.... I finally got my sister to agree to do a "Dorm Room Survival " party for her high school friends and their moms to purchase stuff for the dorms when they go to college next year. It will be a Kitchen show... my first. Its scheduled the end of March so we will see how it goes!!

That sounds like alot of fun!!

Good luck!

When did you get you starter kit?? Did you use some of the money you earned to buy it?

Don't wait till the end of march! Here is a tip I tried and it worked.

I went to the bank at my usually time around 10:00am as I got to the teller I sat my son on the ground and told him to look through mommies catelogue and pick out items he likes.

"two year olds will pretty much read anything" it just so happens to be the PC catelogue.

Well right away the ladies behind me say do you sell pampered chef we have been looking for someone close by. That sparked a wonderful conversation and I have a catelogue show and possibly a kitchen show out of that trick!

Don't have children? :D take that magazine out at the mall, pick a place where people will notice you look at it. It will also help you learn the products!

Training showSounds like she did a training show. It's in your Recipe for Success. She does the presentation and gets the commission but you are entitled to all bookings and host benefits (except the future booking benefit). Did you get your bookings? Also, I thought that we weren't allowed to add anything on to a host's order because then we get it at a discount AND get commission on it. That's why we don't get commission on our own orders when we host a show. Sounds like your director kinda messed you up! Sorry about that, it makes for a rough start when you already have a breakdown in your support system! Congratulations though on your show booking, I am sure that things will get better for you! I am trying to make a lot of calls today, I am running out of people to do shows!!!

Linda--I'm not sure I understand your question. Mainly because that is something that was promoted to me in my training. If you have a host that during the course of host coaching decides to sign up...her party becomes her kick-off show. She gets the bookings, but because you were WORKING you get the commission.

That's how I understand it to work. Am I mistaken? (btw...I was not her recruiter :p )

Chef Kearns~

That was not the impression I came away with from her explanation of events. I could be wrong though...

Linda--I just re-read her post and am a little baffled myself. It sounds like she was already signed as a consultant and her recruiter came and did her first Kitchen Show for her, but didn't train her during the demo. It sounds like she just did the party and took the money instead of showing her how to input the orders and such. Upon my second reading that is the understanding I have.

Craziness!! Your Dorm Surival party should be good fun. I wish you success. Don't give up honey!

clarifyI was already signed up as a consultant and the party was to be my first. It didn't happen that way. There were no bookings b/c everyone at the party told me to ask when the new S/S catalogs came out... they would be more interested. I actually didn't recieve anything from the party. The recruiter said that I would get bookings and she would get the commission. I thought we were splitting the party. i don't know.... totally puzzled but trying to move on :confused:

promote, promote, promoteI wear my pampered chef everywhere, and often have people asking if I sell pampered chef. I have a book where I write their names and number until I get home. I always pass out my business card to anyone who will take it, someone wants my number for anything unrelated to PC they still get my businesss card. I have PC and my number on the back of my car and have picked up orders at the grocery store and post office because of it. Go to your local daycare and leave a note on their bulletin board or offer to do a fundraiser. I have even solicited the UPS man that delivers my PC orders.
This is a slower time, take the pressure off yourself, slow and steady wins the race.
Lorna

Shows
tazzygurl611 said:
Okay, so February is my first SS month and I should have bookings but alas I don't. My family made commitments to help me fulfill my contract but I they aren't following through and are actually starting to avoid me. Very frustrating. I am really starting to worry about how I am going to get the 4 shows to full my contract. I spread the word to everyone and am very enthusiastic about it. I have one catalog show this month and a second in March. I just don't know what to do.

I go to college so my friends are college aged and not interested in PC-- yet. I can't seem to get anyone on board for a party even to just help me out. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I've posted flyers around town, in the post office. I leave catologs wherever I go -- restaurants, doctors offices, etc. I just can't seem to get bookings. If I get leads, I follow through yet no one has time, money or they lose interest even if I explain the host benefits. I really don't know what to-- it doesn't help that my list of 100 people is very small b/c I only have family and my fiance.

Any thoughts on what I can do. My Director is running out of ideas too. :(
Hi,
Have you hosted a show yourself? You could invite friends and family to your place and be the host and the consultant. You could have your friends invite there mothers or even have the tell there mothers about what you do.

What are some common frustrations that new consultants experience?

New consultants often struggle with learning the product line, building a customer base, and navigating the business model.

How long does it typically take for a new consultant to start seeing success?

Success can vary for each consultant, but typically it takes consistent effort and dedication for at least 3-6 months to start seeing significant results.

What are some strategies for managing and overcoming frustration as a new consultant?

Some helpful strategies include setting realistic goals, seeking support and guidance from more experienced consultants, and staying organized and focused on tasks.

What resources are available for new consultants to learn and grow their business?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources, including training materials, online forums, and mentorship programs, to help new consultants succeed.

Is it common for new consultants to feel overwhelmed and discouraged during their first month?

Yes, it is normal to experience some challenges and setbacks during the first month. Remember to stay positive and seek support from your team and leaders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MrsNetNut404
  • MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • pampermejolene