• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Friends Over for Dinner Tomorrow...need Ideas

In a medium bowl, combine chicken, milk, cream cheese, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.In a separate bowl, mix together flour, bread crumbs and egg. Pour into chicken mixture and mix well.Roll out 1/4-in. thickness of dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut out circles with a biscuit cutter.Place circles
babywings76
Gold Member
So we are having a couple and their kids over for dinner tomorrow. I'm trying to decide what to make. The husband doesn't like onions, mushrooms, or chunks/pieces of tomatoes. Everything I think of has onions or tomatoes as a crucial ingredient. Any ideas? I want something impressive, but not terribly time consuming.

Skillet Lasagna (no tomato chunks depending on the sauce you use) & garlic bites.
Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet (use chicken)

How about doing something with Power Cooking? Instead of making one recipe and getting 2 ready to freeze...perhaps make all 3 to serve. That way you could offer a variety. Just a thought.

Here's a non-PC one that is easy and everyone seems to love - esp. the kids:
PIZZA CASSEROLE

1 pound BOB EVANS® Italian Roll Sausage (the green packaged roll)
12 ounces wide noodles, cooked according to package directions
2 (14-ounce) jars pizza sauce
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
6 ounces sliced pepperoni

Preheat oven to 350°F. Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain on paper towels.
Layer half of noodles in lightly greased 13x9-inch casserole dish. Top with half of sausage, half of pizza sauce, half of cheeses and half of pepperoni.
Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, reserving several pepperoni slices for garnish on top of casserole. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.

Last edited:
Thanks Kathleen! That sounds yummy.Any other ideas out there? :D

I was going to say Mexican Chicken Lasagne, and then I realised that it has onions...

But on the other hand, maybe you should just make it anyway, I don't think the onions are particularly noticable, and maybe he should learn to eat what's cooked for him... :D.

AnnieBee said:
I was going to say Mexican Chicken Lasagne, and then I realised that it has onions...

But on the other hand, maybe you should just make it anyway, I don't think the onions are particularly noticable, and maybe he should learn to eat what's cooked for him... :D.

LOL I know! That's how I feel! :D I keep thinking if I dice them up super duper fine if he wouldn't notice. Then I wonder if I should ask my friend if she thinks her husband would be bothered by that. Is it a texture or taste thing? Then I thought I could make my Chicken Diapers (shredded chicken/cream cheese/milk/green onions/S&P..bundled in crescent roll dough and dipped in butter and bread crumbs.) But then I think maybe the green onions would be bad.

So this is why I'm looking for other ideas. :D

The Asian skillet is great with chicken ... just omit the green onions!

I agree the asian chicken noodle skillet is great... my 3 and 14 year olds both love it, as do the adults!!

Di_Can_Cook said:
The Asian skillet is great with chicken ... just omit the green onions!

I can't eat onions - so I always omit them. I don't think I have ever added the onions to the Asian Noodle Skillet and it is still delish!

ok share the "diaper" recipe please

kam said:
PIZZA CASSEROLE

1 pound BOB EVANS® Italian Roll Sausage (the green packaged roll)
12 ounces wide noodles, cooked according to package directions
2 (14-ounce) jars pizza sauce
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
6 ounces sliced pepperoni

Preheat oven to 350°F. Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain on paper towels.
Layer half of noodles in lightly greased 13x9-inch casserole dish. Top with half of sausage, half of pizza sauce, half of cheeses and half of pepperoni.
Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, reserving several pepperoni slices for garnish on top of casserole. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.
I am sooo making this for my nieces and nephews when they come to visit. Thanks for sharing.

Okay, so I decided to make my Bowtie Chicken Alfredo with Garlic Biscuit Bites.Here's how I make it:Bowtie Chicken AlfredoIn the 12 in. skillet, saute green onions and garlic (I'm going to omit the green onions this time :( )
Add diced chicken breast (about 3 or 4 breasts, depending on how much chicken you want really) and saute till chicken is done.
Add one jar of Alfredo sauce and cook on low till it's all heated through.
Meanwhile, cook a box of bowtie pasta and then drain.
Add pasta to the sauce and stir to coat.
Serve in dots pasta bowls and have the microplane adj. grater handy w/ a block of fresh parmesan for everyone to use to top their dish.Other options:
--Cook broccoli and stir in at the same time you add the pasta to the sauce.
--Cook bacon and crumble and add it to the sauce
--Saute proscuitto w/ the chickenAnd since someone asked, here's the recipe for the Chicken Diapers...Chicken Diapers (Bundles) (recipe serves 4, can double or triple just fine)1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (use salad choppers or food choppers)
4 oz. cream cheese
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. chopped green onions (cut off root and then start at white end working up to getting some green)2 Tbsp. butter
dry unseasoned bread crumbsBlend cream cheese and butter first, then add milk, S&P, and green onions. Stir in cooked chicken. Open up crescent dough. Keep 2 triangles together making a rectangle, (you'll make 4 rectangles). Seal perforations. Measure 1/2 cup of mixture and place in center of one rectangle. Bring up the 4 corners to cover the mixture and seal the dough together to completely enclose it. Repeat for other 3 rectangles. Melt an additional 2 Tbsp of butter. Use silicone basting brush and brush bundles. Then pick up and place in bowl of unseasoned bread crumbs, roll all around coating everywhere. Place either on flat rectangle stone or metal sheet pan. Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes (until golden brown)Serve with rice and vegetables or a salad.

What are some easy and delicious appetizer ideas for a dinner party?

Some easy and delicious appetizer ideas for a dinner party include bruschetta, cheese and crackers, fruit and cheese platter, stuffed mushrooms, and mini quiches. These can all be prepared ahead of time and served as finger foods.

What are some popular main dish options for a dinner party?

Some popular main dish options for a dinner party include roasted chicken, beef tenderloin, salmon, pasta dishes, and vegetarian options like stuffed peppers or eggplant parmesan. Make sure to have a variety of options to accommodate different dietary restrictions.

What are some creative dessert ideas for a dinner party?

Some creative dessert ideas for a dinner party include mini fruit tarts, chocolate lava cakes, homemade ice cream sundaes, fruit skewers with a chocolate dipping sauce, and a cheese platter with assorted sweet toppings like honey and jam. These options are easy to prepare and can be served in individual portions.

What are some tips for setting the table for a dinner party?

Some tips for setting the table for a dinner party include using a tablecloth or runner, using matching plates and silverware, adding a centerpiece or candles for ambiance, and including appropriate glassware for drinks. Make sure to also have enough seating and space for all guests.

What are some ideas for drinks to serve at a dinner party?

Some ideas for drinks to serve at a dinner party include a signature cocktail, wine or champagne, non-alcoholic options like sparkling water or mocktails, and a selection of beer. Make sure to have enough variety to accommodate different preferences and offer non-alcoholic options for those who do not drink.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefhutch04
  • GourmetGirl
  • General Chat
Replies