• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unrefrigerated Torte Ideas: Need Inspiration for Impressive Work Treats?

In summary, the author is thinking of bringing food to work tomorrow to turn a co-worker's catty show into a cooking show and try to bump it up to $500. The torte recipe this person came up with looks impressive.
straitfan
Gold Member
Okay--I'm going to bring some food to work tomorrow to turn a co-worker's catty show (that is now sitting at $410 into a cooking show and try to bump it up to $500). I want to do something in the torte pans that looks impressive, but can sit out all day (LOL or as long as it lasts). Would probably wipe out recipes with cream cheese and cool whip. Any creative ideas?

Maybe I should post this under the "thread killers" thread!
LOL

Hmm, maybe....would have to adapt to fill the torte pan set--uses a jiffy mix.

I don't have the pan and have never made a torte in my life but I didn't want you to feel ignored. Is there a reason you want to use the torte pan?

Thanks for trying to help out! (I feel loved!) I just think that the tortes look AMAZING! And wanted to be able to tell how easy it was to make something so impressive!

straitfan said:
Thanks for trying to help out! (I feel loved!)

I just think that the tortes look AMAZING! And wanted to be able to tell how easy it was to make something so impressive!

This is probably too late - but what if you did an Angel Food or Sponge Cake in the Torte Pans, and layered it with Fresh Fruit? Or Even a Chocolate Cake w/ a Ganache Frosting and Fresh Fruit.....if you had a chillzanne bowl, you could keep the fruit in that until the last minute and then assemble it quickly!

straitfan said:
Okay--I'm going to bring some food to work tomorrow to turn a co-worker's catty show (that is now sitting at $410 into a cooking show and try to bump it up to $500). I want to do something in the torte pans that looks impressive, but can sit out all day (LOL or as long as it lasts). Would probably wipe out recipes with cream cheese and cool whip. Any creative ideas?

Why not just frost it at lunch time, or ask her to? The spreaders make it sooooo easy! She can put the Cream cheese in a cooler, let it sit out to soften.

Good ideas! I didn't get it done today because I spent too much time watching my JayHawks! Rock Chalk Jayhawk--Go KU! AND Grey's Anatomy last night. I'll work on it for Monday!

1. What are some popular unrefrigerated torte ideas for parties?

Some popular unrefrigerated torte ideas for parties include fruit tarts, chocolate-hazelnut tortes, lemon meringue tarts, and caramel apple tortes.

2. Can I make an unrefrigerated torte ahead of time?

Yes, many unrefrigerated torte recipes allow for the dessert to be made ahead of time and stored at room temperature until ready to serve. Just be sure to follow proper storage instructions for each specific recipe.

3. Are there any gluten-free options for unrefrigerated tortes?

Yes, there are many gluten-free unrefrigerated torte recipes available, such as flourless chocolate tortes and almond flour fruit tarts.

4. Can I substitute ingredients in an unrefrigerated torte recipe?

Substitutions can be made in unrefrigerated torte recipes, but it's important to keep in mind that it may affect the final texture and taste of the dessert. It's always best to follow the recipe as closely as possible for the best results.

5. How should I store leftover unrefrigerated tortes?

Leftover unrefrigerated tortes should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They can last for a day or two, but for longer storage, it's best to refrigerate or freeze them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • fifiplc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
fifiplc
Replies