• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Friday the 13Th Theme Show - Any Ideas?

In summary, Deanna suggests doing a show on Aug. 13th themed "Friday the 13th." There will be an envelope mystery where guests are given products that could have been used in the murder, and whoever guesses the correct murder weapon wins a prize.
catvallejo
Doing a show on Aug. 13 - FRIDAY THE 13th! Anyone have ideas for a Friday the 13th theme show?

Besides going around and murdering the guests with a Machete, I say just do a normal show. Don't make it corny.

do a mystery show like law & order, or castle theme show I have done tv theme show before for different things like on night the series starts for Greys anatomy I have done a Grey's anatomy show.

Sorry Keith, but I disagree! My hosts and guests love when they come to a show and it's something out of the ordinary! I never ever do just a plain old cooking show anymore. When people have silly fun, they tend to loosen up and buy more...and they want their friends to have the same experience, so I get more bookings, too!I'm thinking something along the lines of giving each guest an envelope when they come in and each envelope has a product that you're demonstrating tonight. One of those products ends up being the murder weapon... And do a murder mystery sort of thing. I'm still developing the idea....let me think good on this one.

OK....so the more I think about it....I think the idea of the envelopes is good. And then no one knows what the murder weapon is. And you get clues throughout the party which eliminate some of the items. Whoever guesses which item is the murder weapon wins a door prize and whoever gets the envelope with the murder weapon wins a door prize as well. Good idea or bad?

It's a good idea! If you can draft up an outline, that would be awesome

Deanna, That's an AWESOME idea!! LOVE it! I have a show on the 13th too and was also trying to think of something creative to do along those lines! Thanks for the great tip!!

Not to be Di Downer .... but my mother died on Aug. 13, 1999. Yes, it was a Friday. The irony did not escape us all.This is the primary reason I will not be working on Aug. 13. If somebody invited me to a party like this, I'd want to know that it was such a theme, because I would not come. But my roomate, who was born on Dec. 13 (yes, a Friday) would.

I'm so sorry, Di. )-: I will, of course, be sending out special invites to this show for that reason and because some people are very religious and don't like anything to do with superstition. I also think I'm going to offer these promos:
-Buy the product that was used as the murder weapon and get free shipping (it will be a $25-30 item to make sure that I'm still making money on it)
-Buy anything on page 13 and get a door prize
-buy 13 items and get a door prize
-13th customer through the door wins a prize

Deanna,

I think this sound like a real blast! I can just see the meat tenderizer being the murder weapon and somewhere (close to the end) a clue having something to do with strange little marks in the victims flesh. . . . :eek:

I've hosted at least six murder mystery parties for friends/family (not Pampered Chef parties) so I'd love to attend this party.

chefsteph07 said:
It's a good idea! If you can draft up an outline, that would be awesome

I agree! I'd love to see an outline for this party. There have been some "murder mystery" PC parties floating around, but they were really complicated - this one sounds like it would be simpler to pull off, but still a lot of fun!

OK, I think it would go something like this:Staging: I'd have a couple open umbrellas laying around the room where the host is having everyone gather...and to get into the room, you must walk under a ladder. :-DGreeting- I'd greet everyone at the door or ladder (ideally, I'd have the ladder by the door) and if the host is expecting more than 12 guests, I'd make a big deal out of the 13th guest who came in and tell them that they get to choose out of the door prize bag.I would hand out envelopes to each guest after the show starts. I'd tell them to look in their envelopes and see which product is inside. I'd then say something like, "Tonight...there was a murder. These are the suspected murder weapons. Our job tonight is to figure out which item it was. I'll be giving clues throughout the night so that we can figure out which item was used. Go ahead and show each other your items and discuss their functions so that you're familiar with them."After they got to know the products (perhaps even get their hands on the products) I would give the first clue. Eventually giving enough clues for them to figure out which item was used as the murder weapon. whoever had the envelope with the murder weapon in it would be the winner and gets a door prize. I would also then say, "Since this item was used in a murder, anyone who purchases this item tonight will receive FREE shipping on their order!"

I have a party that day too, and I think my hostess would LOVE this idea! I'd love to see an outline for this!

OOPS we were posting at the same time!

That sounds great!

My only suggestion is this: I once heard (or read) somewhere to never give free shipping. If you're going to pay $4 for something, why not offer a free rub? This way, you up your commissionable (and career!) sales, and you're sharing another wonderful product! Plus, because you earn commission back on it, you're not REALLY paying $4 for it, so that's less money out of your pocket!

deanna_g said:
OK, I think it would go something like this:

Staging: I'd have a couple open umbrellas laying around the room where the host is having everyone gather...and to get into the room, you must walk under a ladder. :-D

Greeting- I'd greet everyone at the door or ladder (ideally, I'd have the ladder by the door) and if the host is expecting more than 12 guests, I'd make a big deal out of the 13th guest who came in and tell them that they get to choose out of the door prize bag.

I would hand out envelopes to each guest after the show starts. I'd tell them to look in their envelopes and see which product is inside. I'd then say something like, "Tonight...there was a murder. These are the suspected murder weapons. Our job tonight is to figure out which item it was. I'll be giving clues throughout the night so that we can figure out which item was used. Go ahead and show each other your items and discuss their functions so that you're familiar with them."

After they got to know the products (perhaps even get their hands on the products) I would give the first clue. Eventually giving enough clues for them to figure out which item was used as the murder weapon. whoever had the envelope with the murder weapon in it would be the winner and gets a door prize.

I would also then say, "Since this item was used in a murder, anyone who purchases this item tonight will receive FREE shipping on their order!"

But - what kind of clues? And would the clues be part of the demo?

And - how would you decide the murder weapon? Would it be decided beforehand by you? I guess you'd have to do that to accommodate the clues...but just wondering how you would mix it up - what if the same group wanted another murder mystery? Oh - and who would have been murdered?

Maybe we could come up with a bunch of clues for different items! Clues that could be more than one item, so people don't know right off the bat what it is.

1. This item has a black handle.
2. This item comes with a protective cover.
3. This item has a lifetime guarantee.
4. When you purchase this item, part of our Forged Cutlery collection, you're making a solid investment in high-quality products that you'll use for years to come
5. This item is considered the "try me" piece for this collection, perfect for everything from slicing fruit to trimming meat.
If they needed another clue it could be:
6. This item has a 5" High Carbon German steel blade, handcrafted through a multistep forging process!

Notice the first few clues could be several items, but then we narrow it down! We could come up with several of these ideas!

"death" by chocolate theme show!

I just booked a Friday the 13th show yesterday at the grocery store (thank you Mr. Catalog Tote). I was going to search on CS for ideas so am thrilled this is under discussion. I think the envelope idea is great! My first thought for the victim could be "Mister Fast Food" or something along those lines....
We need to keep brainstorming this so we can come up with a clear outline - this should be fun!

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
I just booked a Friday the 13th show yesterday at the grocery store (thank you Mr. Catalog Tote). I was going to search on CS for ideas so am thrilled this is under discussion. I think the envelope idea is great! My first thought for the victim could be "Mister Fast Food" or something along those lines....
We need to keep brainstorming this so we can come up with a clear outline - this should be fun!

Or someone named Chick N. Helper?

or Sara Lee?

Yes! Those are exactly the clues I'm thinking of! Starting with clues that could be more than one item and then narrowing it down. (-: I'll work on a list of clues for different items. (-:And I love the idea of the murder victim being "Mr. Fast Food." HILARIOUS!!!!!

OK. Here's the list of clues I've had time to come up with. (-:

Attachments

• Product Murder Mystery Clues.doc
    14 KB · Views: 496
This sounds awesome! What menu items will you serve?

ok - I don't have a friday the 13th party scheduled, but now I want one! sounds like a lot of fun.

doughmama said:
ok - I don't have a friday the 13th party scheduled, but now I want one! sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm thinking of doing my own and inviting all my neighbors as an introductory party. I've been selling for over a year, but haven't invited neighbors I don't know.

I'm going to do "Death By Chocolate"!!!

Also, if you do a file search here on Chef Sucess for Murder Mystery - there are a several clues and ideas already posted.

This is going to be FUN!

I was thinking Death By Chocolate, too! However, I'm going to try and avoid a Friday the 13th show now. )-: My Regional Meeting is on August 13th. Blah. Good thing I haven't confirmed with anyone yet! (-; I guess I can still use these ideas for a fun theme show, though!

Here's the invitation I'm sending out for my Death by Chocolate Murder Mystery, Mystery Host show. I've gotten lots of response from it already and just sent it out!

I'm trying to upload my invite. I've gotten lots of response already! Hope this works.

Attachments

• Murder Mystery Invite.doc
    259.5 KB · Views: 436
The invite looks great!

Related to Friday the 13Th Theme Show - Any Ideas?

1. What is the significance of Friday the 13th?

Friday the 13th is considered to be an unlucky day by many people. This superstition originated from various historical and cultural beliefs, such as the belief that the number 13 is unlucky and that Fridays are an unlucky day for certain activities.

2. What are some common symbols or themes associated with Friday the 13th?

Some common symbols and themes associated with Friday the 13th include black cats, broken mirrors, ladders, and the number 13. Other popular elements include masks, chainsaws, and the iconic hockey mask worn by the character Jason Voorhees in the Friday the 13th horror film franchise.

3. How can I incorporate the Friday the 13th theme into my show?

There are many ways to incorporate the Friday the 13th theme into your show. Some ideas include using spooky lighting and sound effects, incorporating themed props and costumes, and playing games or challenges related to the superstitions and folklore surrounding this date.

4. Are there any scientific explanations for the superstitions surrounding Friday the 13th?

There is no scientific evidence to support the superstitions surrounding Friday the 13th. These beliefs are often based on historical events and cultural traditions, rather than scientific facts. However, some studies have shown that people who believe in superstitions may have a higher level of anxiety or a tendency to associate unrelated events as causally connected.

5. What are some fun and interactive activities that I can include in my Friday the 13th theme show?

Some ideas for fun and interactive activities include a scavenger hunt with clues related to the Friday the 13th theme, a "haunted" maze or house, a costume contest, and a trivia game about superstitions and their origins. You could also incorporate elements of popular horror films or literature into your show, such as a reading of a spooky story or a live performance of a scene from a horror movie.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katchkim
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PamperedMandy2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedMandy2010
  • muffetts