• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Friday the 13th "Backwards" Show - Ideas & Recipes

In summary, the host and I are thinking of doing a "backward" show where the appetizer is the dessert, and so on. Some other ideas included a murder mystery, promoting the show with a prize for the 13th person, and using garlic biscuits as appetizers.
muffetts
Gold Member
I have a show booked for Friday June 13 - the host and I thought it would be fun to make the theme "Friday the 13th" - the one idea we had was a "backward" show - do the dessert first, appetizer second, etc. Any other bright ideas out there? :confused: Any recipes that would work with such a show?

Make a triffle ... and if it looks funky, say, "What would you expect on Friday the 13th"Make fun of yourself and spice up your presentation with all the things you've done wrong with the products ... or make something up! Like tell them you tried to skim the fat of your body using the skimmer ... or the time the grapes exploded across the room because you forgot the brake on the spinner ... Tell the host she'll get a special prize if she has at least 13 guests in attendance ... and give a prize to the 13th person to come in the door ....

great ideas. Thanks- I too just booked a show for the 13th. Wahoo for me as I had only one show so far for June! lol

Have you thought about doing a murder mystery?

I have the 13th open ... I think I am going to promote it ... any ideas on what people can get ... say, the Mandline for $13?

Those are all great ideas! I'll suggest the 13th person prize. The show is already 1.5 hours away.... trying to manage a murder mystery etc. just might be too much. Perhaps I could make the trifle upside down! hee hee!

pcheftammy said:
Have you thought about doing a murder mystery?

Now THAT sounds like fun! Have you done this before? I would love to get more info on it

upside down trifleNo, I haven't tried it yet - got the idea from the other ideas up top. I'm going to suggest it to my host. I'll even use the IAD at the bottom first! :eek: Hee hee. I think it could be fun - that way no one will be afraid to try the trifle - you now how everyone hates to be the first to wreck the pretty trifle.....

I have a show booked for friday the 13th and I was thinking that every 13 minutes I would have a timer go off and we would do something or say something 13 times, like march in place, tell a past friday the 13th story etc... what do you think

Anyone have an awesome invitation made up? I'm sooooooo not good at that! We're having a couples show and doing grilled pizza and maybe a salad. Think I read somewhere about having guys against gals with the cooking, thought that might be fun. I LOVE the 13th person gets a prize, and timer every 13 minutes ideas. Keep 'em coming! (I think I'll put on the invite that it starts at 7:13! )

I am doing one as well.

I'm going with the old superstitions like I'm setting out some lighter items in a open umbrella, I have a good size mirror with a crack in it that I'm using as tray. Trying to figure out how I could stand under a ladder and do the show. And I have a stuffed black cat I'm using as well. I'm also high lighting the knives.

We are making garlic biscuits as appetiters. Trying to figure out my main dish.... any suggestions?? Oh, maybe some blackeyed peas for luck, or cabbage for $.....

Last edited:
Buy 13 items and get free shipping?

Spend $130 (10 x 13) and get BOTH of the guest special knives free. (You as consultant would split their order in half, and put one knife on each half, and then cover the shipping on one of the orders. That way, you're only out $4.)

Lovin both those ideas. Keep them coming!

Yes please! I booked a show and mentioned a Friday the 13th show and she really wants to do it! Great, now I just gotta come up with what to do!

I looked and pg. 13 of the catalog has the Chillzanne and outdoor entertaining stuff. Since mine is a pool party, I think I'll give a free gift to anyone who orders from that page, or maybe 13% off those items.

1. What is the "Friday the 13th" Backwards Show?

The "Friday the 13th" Backwards Show is a fun and creative way to celebrate this superstitious day with your friends and family. Instead of avoiding bad luck, we embrace it by cooking and preparing meals in reverse order.

2. What kind of recipes are included in the "Friday the 13th" Backwards Show?

The recipes for the "Friday the 13th" Backwards Show are designed to be prepared in reverse order, starting with dessert and ending with appetizers. Some examples include upside-down cake, reverse lasagna, and backwards pizza pie. We also have a variety of spooky-themed snacks and drinks to add to the fun!

3. Can I customize the "Friday the 13th" Backwards Show menu?

Yes, you can definitely customize the menu to fit your preferences and dietary restrictions. Our consultants are happy to work with you to create a personalized menu for your show. Just let us know your dietary needs and we will make sure to include suitable options.

4. Do I need any special kitchen tools to participate in the "Friday the 13th" Backwards Show?

No, you do not need any special kitchen tools to participate in the "Friday the 13th" Backwards Show. Our recipes can be easily prepared with basic kitchen equipment. However, our consultants may showcase some of our Pampered Chef products that can make the cooking process even more fun and efficient.

5. Can I host a "Friday the 13th" Backwards Show online?

Absolutely! Our consultants are equipped to host virtual shows for those who prefer to stay at home. We can provide you with all the necessary information and links to join the show online. It's a great way to connect with friends and family from the comfort of your own home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• catvallejo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • katchkim
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PamperedMandy2010