• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fresh Spinach Recipes: Ideas Beyond Quiche & Spanakopita

In summary, Becky's son only likes cooked spinach, and she steamed it last night with garlic, butter, herbs, and onions. She thinks this is hilarious, and her kids love it. The strawberry spinach salad is so yummy.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have a huge container of fresh organic baby spinach that I want to use up - Any one have ideas for fresh spinach?I've thought of spinach quiche or Spanakopita....but I'd love new ideas!Oh - and I didn't want a Spinach Salad - DS only likes cooked spinach....

My sister uses fresh spinach instead of lettuce in tacos.I saw an ad on TV for a show on Bravo with a "Big Green Shake:" blend a large handful of spinach with 1 banana and a little water for a nutritious breakfast drink. (Although I think this would be nasty. And as far as I'm concerned, if something is called a shake, it needs to have ice cream in it, otherwise it's a smoothie.)

I like to saute it with mushrooms

Then layer it, chicken, mozzerella cheese, and top with spinach and mushrooms. YUM!

I like to make cream spinach as a side dish or inside arborio rice. Also you could make spinach calzones.

I get Eggplant Rollatini at my neighborhood Italian restaurant all the time. It is so yummy and looks to be easily made. I don't know the exact ingredients and amounts, but basically this is it:

Slice eggplant fairly thin. Then bread it with flour, eggwash, bread crumb mixture (probably bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, s&p). Saute these. Then put a tablespoon or more of Ricotta cheese (maybe mix in an egg and some seasoning) and a handfull of fresh spinach on top of the eggplant and roll it up. Place these in a baking dish. Cover with some sauce and mozzarella cheese and bake until warm.

This is really good!

My favorite is one from way back called Spinach Crescent Rolls.

Take a can of crescent roll dough and separate into triangles.
In a bowl combine chopped spinach (typically a 10-oz pkg of the frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry), 1 c. shredded mozzarella, 1 egg, 1 t. garlic powder, 1/2 c. chopped onion and S&P.
Place a couple tablespoons of mixture on large portion of triangles.
Roll each up by folding the pointed end over the larger end and tuck under. (filling will be visible)
Place in a round cake pan and top with more mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350 for approx 12-15 min. Enjoy!

i have been making the Grecian party squares from summer's best 2001 on the first page. I can post a pdf file later if any one is interested. very yummy. With all of this heat, not a good time to turn the over on though...

Mr. Pampered Chef said:
i have been making the Grecian party squares from summer's best 2001 on the first page. I can post a pdf file later if any one is interested. very yummy. With all of this heat, not a good time to turn the over on though...

Ohhh, those are good though! yummy!

Hmmm, that makes me think...I think Janet made the Greek Cheese Torta into a pasta topping.....maybe I could use some of the spinach for that.....

DS only likes cooked spinach....
Becky I thought this was hilarious, my ds will only eat raw spinach in salad. I steamed mine last night w/ garlic, butter, herbs, minced onions and bits of bacon, and he asked for a salad.

pamperedalf said:
Becky I thought this was hilarious, my ds will only eat raw spinach in salad. I steamed mine last night w/ garlic, butter, herbs, minced onions and bits of bacon, and he asked for a salad.

Mmmmm, that sounds good!

And that is funny! When I make spinach salads - DS wants creamed spinach. He has always loved creamed spinach from the time he started eating vegetables. It was his absolute favorite as a baby.

He pretty much won't eat leafy greens in general...when we have other types of salads, I slice salad veggies for him, and put them on a plate with one of the SA minis with Ranch dressing. He loves to dip carrots, cukes, tomatoes, celery, broccoli,.....

grill or broil some salmon (seasoned with a cajun spice) top it with some raw spinach cover with a sauce of jack cheese, a little whipping cream and some cayenne and garlic bake until bubbly

The strawberry spinach salad is so yummy :)

Teresa Lynn said:
grill or broil some salmon (seasoned with a cajun spice) top it with some raw spinach cover with a sauce of jack cheese, a little whipping cream and some cayenne and garlic bake until bubbly
OMG does this sound yummy or what...:D

it is yummy I also throw a dash or two of tabasco in it
my daughter hates salmon but she will eat this right up

The Cheese Spinach Pinwheels are a favorite of my crew! My kids really LOVE these as an afterschool snack. I have to sneak 1 or 2 before they notice because my 2 boys could finish the whole pan by themselves.

The recipe is on CC. It was a theme recipe in '03 I think.

You could also make Chicken Florentine.

You can make pesto with spinach instead of basil. A great way to use up a ton of spinach. Plus you can freeze the pesto for later.

What are some creative ways to use fresh spinach in my cooking?

Fresh spinach can be used in a variety of dishes beyond quiche and spanakopita. Try adding it to salads, smoothies, stir-fries, soups, or even as a topping for pizza. You can also use it as a filling for stuffed chicken or pasta dishes.

Can I substitute frozen spinach for fresh spinach in these recipes?

Yes, you can substitute frozen spinach for fresh in most recipes. Just make sure to thaw and drain the spinach before using it in your dish. Keep in mind that frozen spinach may have a slightly different texture and flavor than fresh, so adjust accordingly.

How can I ensure my spinach stays fresh for longer?

To keep your spinach fresh, store it unwashed in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. Make sure to remove any excess moisture and change the bag every few days. You can also blanch and freeze fresh spinach for later use.

Are there any substitutions for spinach in these recipes?

If you don't have spinach on hand, you can try using other leafy greens like kale, Swiss chard, or collard greens. These greens have a similar texture and flavor to spinach and can be used in most recipes.

How can I incorporate more nutrients into my spinach recipes?

To boost the nutritional value of your spinach dishes, try adding other vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, or tomatoes. You can also top your dishes with nuts or seeds for added protein and healthy fats. Experiment with different herbs and spices to add more flavor and nutrients to your recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • BeckyC5830
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies