• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose of You Who Offer Booking Incentives via

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of offering booking incentives to increase sales and bookings. Some consultants share their negative experiences with offering such incentives, as it can create a cycle of constantly needing to offer more incentives to get bookings. They also mention how Pampered Chef already has a great host program and bonuses, so there is no need to spend extra money on incentives. Instead, they suggest asking everyone at a show if they will book a show and using the 3-2-1 method, which has been more successful for them.
kcjodih
Gold Member
email such as the one discussed in the 'got 3 bookings in 24 hours thread' I'm reposting my question from that thread before it gets lost. Can anyone share what you do or would do if the scenario I mention happens or has happened (as I can clearly see it happening with a few of my upcoming/past hosts) Thanks all!

Question for those of you who do this regularly or at least have done this in the past with positive results...what about the shows you already have booked? I'd like to email all of my email list however I'm concerned that the hosts I do have on my calendar for November will feel slighted or want to change their date to get something offered, or want something offered for THEIR booking. I know I would! How do you handle this? Has it ever happened to you and if so, what did you do?

This has never come upWhen I have offered somthing like this. I do however, typically put a disclaimer that it applies to new bookings only, and you must mention the "coupon" at time of booking.

I don't offer incentives like these because I have in the past and in the long run, it hurt my business. I train my TEAM to never do this. The reason being, is that if someone wants a show and a consultant offers booking incentives, they become a slave to this. By doing this in December, the guests at that show will want to know what you're "offering" to get them to book in the spring. It's a cycle that's really hard to get out of.

An upper level director (and sorry I can't remember her name this morning) offered a really good sale one June and the following spring her sales were very low and she overheard a woman at a show say, "Don't order tonight! She runs a huge sale in June so just wait and order then." It can really hurt business.

Plus, Pampered Chef offers an AMAZING host program and host bonus each month. Don't spend your hard-earned money on someone! That's one of the best perks of PC! Our host program doesn't cost us anything!!!!

Just really think it through before offering something... it can lead to some immediate success, and hurt more in the long run.

Just another perspective...

finley1991 said:
I don't offer incentives like these because I have in the past and in the long run, it hurt my business. I train my TEAM to never do this. The reason being, is that if someone wants a show and a consultant offers booking incentives, they become a slave to this. By doing this in December, the guests at that show will want to know what you're "offering" to get them to book in the spring. It's a cycle that's really hard to get out of.

An upper level director (and sorry I can't remember her name this morning) offered a really good sale one June and the following spring her sales were very low and she overheard a woman at a show say, "Don't order tonight! She runs a huge sale in June so just wait and order then." It can really hurt business.

Plus, Pampered Chef offers an AMAZING host program and host bonus each month. Don't spend your hard-earned money on someone! That's one of the best perks of PC! Our host program doesn't cost us anything!!!!

Just really think it through before offering something... it can lead to some immediate success, and hurt more in the long run.

I totally agree with Colleen! I will no longer offer booking incentives, other than the occasional free show at vendor fairs, etc.......I have found that actually, my bookings and show sales are much better without them. What I have found that really works is ASKING EVERYONE at the show if they will be booking a Cooking or Catalog Show, and also doing 3-2-1. I have the best Fall and Winter schedule I have ever had by doing these 2 things. In the past, I tried EVERY kind of booking gimmick - 12 Days of Christmas, Book To Look, Get a Certain Product for the amount of the Day booked.......you name it, I tried it - and none of them were ever as successful as actually asking everyone, and making phone calls consistently!

finley1991 said:

Maybe an option is to put a disclaimer on your email that maybe states that this is an offer that is a once-a-year thing. That may break the ongoing cycle. I've never done it, but these tips and ideas are certainly making me think hard about doing it. I really want a $3000 Nov.

I am in complete opposite hereI have NEVER found it to hurt my business in the 2 years I've been doing Pampered Chef. If anything it gave me a boost in my bookings - which lead to additional bookings (no incentive).

Like I said in earlier posts I do this once a year and have for 8 years. It is just when I need an extra boost to accomplish something. This year the London trip. I had a horrible August (from consistent $5-$6000 a month to the lowest in 8 years of $2500 in sales) so I have some making up to do.
When people ask if I have deals like this all of the time I tell them the same thing only when I need to reach a goal. I also explain that every month we have an awesome product at 60% off and explain our hostess benefits. I encourage them to sign up for my email newsletter so they won't miss a deal when I offer one. I tell them in the month of October I do a Pampered Chef birthday and my birthday (they are the same day) sale on the 15th. It is a 24 hour sale with hourly specials.
I average 150 bookings a year and have not noticed that offering specials every now and then hurts. This has helped some of my consultants who were struggling to get bookings and were really discouraged. It turned them around and got them active. I told them to offer it as a help me to build my business month and not to spend more than $10 per host. Most new or struggling consultants just need that one or two shows on the books to get them comfortable. I sent my special out to 1000+ people and got three bookings off of it. I am happy.
Not sure if this answers any concerns or not but just know what works for me and my team.
Crystal

Crystal,

I guess my question is - what is the reaction of the hosts you already have booked for Nov/Dec when they too receive or hear about the email with booking incentives (such as yours with get a certain product free for a certain date)? Do they get offended/feel slighted or put up a stink and want something too? Do they want to cancel/reschedule to book on one of your gift dates instead? THAT'S my concern. I'm so going to do it as an exclusive occassional offer just like my anniversary sale this month but wanted to know how to handle already booked shows. Thanks for your help (and thanks too to everyone else that replied) :)

Oops, sorry Crystal, nevermind. I read this thread before reading the original one where you replied. Just went there and saw the beginning of your response and I'm going back now to finish reading. So no need to also reply here. Thanks!

Related to forThose of You Who Offer Booking Incentives via

1. What types of booking incentives do you offer?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of booking incentives for our hosts. These may include free products, discounts, or exclusive host-only items. The specific incentives may vary depending on current promotions and availability.

2. How do I qualify for booking incentives?

To qualify for booking incentives, you must host a party or cooking show with Pampered Chef. The total sales from your party must meet a certain threshold, which may also vary depending on current promotions. Your Pampered Chef consultant can provide more information on the specific qualifications for booking incentives.

3. Can I choose my booking incentive?

In most cases, our booking incentives are pre-determined based on current promotions and availability. However, if you have a specific request or preference for your booking incentive, you can discuss this with your Pampered Chef consultant. They will do their best to accommodate your request, but it cannot be guaranteed.

4. When will I receive my booking incentive?

Your booking incentive will typically be delivered to you at the same time as your party order. This is typically within 2-4 weeks after your party date. If there are any delays or issues with your booking incentive, your Pampered Chef consultant will keep you updated.

5. Can I combine booking incentives with other promotions or discounts?

Booking incentives cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts, unless otherwise specified. However, your Pampered Chef consultant can help you choose the best option to maximize your savings and rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Mommy2amo
Replies