• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Forgot to Put in Some Things in Host Packet

In summary, the speaker received a call from one of their hosts who was disappointed that they forgot to include OOF's and host & guest specials in their packet. The speaker's baby was sick and they were debating whether to send the materials in a regular envelope or a manilla clasp envelope. They considered emailing the materials but the host does not like email. The speaker ultimately decides to mail the materials in a manilla envelope and apologizes for the mistake. They also mention that they have made similar mistakes before and offer to deliver the missing items in person or mail them as soon as possible. They also mention that they plan to make up for the mistake by mailing holiday mini catalogs with a full page invitation.
babywings76
Gold Member
I got a call from one of my hosts. It seems I forgot to include the OOF's and the host & guest specials in her packet. She seemed pretty disappointed that I forgot to get her those specials. :( I don't know what happened that I forgot to include them. I feel pretty stupid right now. :grumpy: So, today my baby is sick, and I really don't want to have to go out to the post office. Do you think it'll look unprofessional (even further...) to have them folded and in a regular envelope? Or do I try to get them out in a manilla clasp envelope anyway?

Oh, I forgot to mention that part...she doesn't like doing e-mail and website stuff.

I'd make the extra effort and put it a a manilla envelope. (or even drop them off personally if she is close)
Do you have someone who can watch your baby for you? or ride with you to the post office so the baby doesn't have to get out.I keep a supply of stamps, postal scale and assorted envelopes in my office so I don't have to get out.

Often I will give a future host the catalogs at the show she books from and mail her the rest of the packet later. I use the 5x7 manilla envelope in that case - folding the paperwork once. Saves me postage and no one has complained or commented.

I've done this before - so don't feel stupid. Once, I was doing like 8 packets at once (which is a nightmare in my office if you could see how I have everything spread out printing, changing, etc. when doing them) and I managed to get 2 packets sort-of mixed up. Ended up putting oof for 1 host (with her name on it) into the wrong packet, put the wrong date and time on the cover letter and planner, just crazy things! They were both very gracious about the mistakes, and like mentioned above, I mailed out the corrected things in a 5x7 envelope where they are just folded once and didn't cost as much.

And as mentioned above, if she doesn't live too far away, it might be worth driving over and asking her to meet you at the door or in the driveway since your baby is sick. And I hope your baby gets well soon - that's never an easy thing.

Thanks. I printed off the specials, (in color even! :) ) and figured I'd mail them and not drive all over the place. They arrive the next day, so I figured that would be okay. I ended up taking the baby in to the Dr. just to be sure she didn't have an ear infection (hate dealing with that during the weekend, and higher cost for after hour visits). Of course, she ended up fine, just a virus, so we have to let it just run it's course. After that, I made a short stop at the post office and mailed off the packet. Hopefully I can redeem myself when she sees the invitations I mail out for her. I plan on mailing the holiday mini's with a full page invitation printed off from CC and have them in an envelope.

I've done that. We all make mistakes. I apologize profusely and deliver the forgotten times in person ASAP when possible. If that's not possible, they go in the mail ASAP.

Related to Forgot to Put in Some Things in Host Packet

1. What should I do if I forgot to include some items in the host packet?

If you have forgotten to include some items in the host packet, the first step is to reach out to your host and apologize for the mistake. Then, you can either offer to ship the missing items directly to the host or arrange for them to be added to their next order.

2. Can I still earn host rewards if I forgot to include items in the host packet?

Yes, as long as the host meets the minimum sales requirement, they will still be eligible to earn host rewards. However, it is important to make sure all promised items are included in the host packet to avoid any disappointment.

3. Will my commission be affected if I forgot to include items in the host packet?

No, your commission will not be affected if you forgot to include items in the host packet. However, it is important to take responsibility for the mistake and make sure the host is satisfied with a solution.

4. Can I add the missing items to the host packet after it has been delivered?

Unfortunately, once the host packet has been delivered, it is not possible to add any missing items. It is important to double check the host packet before sending it out to ensure all items are included.

5. How can I prevent forgetting to include items in the host packet in the future?

To prevent forgetting to include items in the host packet, it is helpful to have a checklist of all the items that should be included. You can also have a colleague or team member double check the packet before sending it out. Additionally, staying organized and keeping track of all host packets can help avoid any mistakes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• khergatt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • emiscookin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies