• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Florentine Chicken Ring - Any Advice?

I think it's better to drain it in a colander, but I've done it in a bowl and it still worked pretty well.I just squished and used paper towels (instead of tea towels).
sklay723
Gold Member
I'm making this recipe tomorrow morning for a very important group of ladies (all doctors' wives from the hospital I used to work at in my "pre-kids" life ). This could lead me to some additional bookings, and more than a couple of long-term customers, so I don't want to mess it up. :angel: Has anyone made this recipe before? Is there any advice you can offer, or quick tips you like to sprinkle in when you are explaining it during the demo? It's a morning meeting, and they requested something for "brunch."
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Start draining the spinach now.

This is a good recipe and I've made it many times (thought it has been awhile). Let your spinach drain overnight and then be prepared to take a few paper towels to it before you mix everything together.

draining spinachWhat do you set it in to drain overnight? Do you leave it in the fridge while it drains to keep it from spoiling? I have almost never used spinach in any recipe, and I'm clueless...sorry for all the questions! :)

sklay723 said:
What do you set it in to drain overnight? Do you leave it in the fridge while it drains to keep it from spoiling? I have almost never used spinach in any recipe, and I'm clueless...sorry for all the questions! :)

You can put it in a colander. Do you have our Colander and Bowl set? It will fit in the small one. Then you almost need to set something on top of the spinach (plate with a can on top?) to push it down.

I don't think you have to worry about it spoiling, but you could do this in the fridge, just set it all in a bigger bowl.

I am glad you posted this because I have wanted to try several recipes that call for the frozen spinach but have not because I am not sure how to go about ringing it out.

I may watch too much Rachel Ray, but... I always see her putting spinach in a tea towel or cheese cloth and wringing out.

You can drain frozen spinach in our Salad & Berry Spinner!!! A great way to show another tool...and a high ticket item at that!

dannyzmom said:
You can drain frozen spinach in our Salad & Berry Spinner!!! A great way to show another tool...and a high ticket item at that!

You are so smart! I have not made this recipe since we came out with the Spinner. I'll have to try this idea.

Mostly I just squished and used paper towels (instead of tea towels).

1. What is a Florentine Chicken Ring?

A Florentine Chicken Ring is a delicious and visually appealing dish made with crescent roll dough, chicken, spinach, and a variety of other ingredients. It is baked in a circular shape and served as a savory appetizer or main dish.

2. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with other proteins such as diced ham or turkey. You can also make a vegetarian version by omitting the meat altogether and adding more veggies like mushrooms or bell peppers.

3. How do I prevent the crescent roll dough from getting soggy?

To prevent the dough from getting soggy, make sure to fully cook the chicken and drain any excess liquid before adding it to the ring. You can also lightly brush the dough with beaten egg to create a barrier between the dough and the filling.

4. Can I make the Florentine Chicken Ring ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Florentine Chicken Ring a few hours ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap to prevent the dough from drying out. You may also need to add a few minutes to the baking time if the ring is cold when going into the oven.

5. What is the best way to serve the Florentine Chicken Ring?

The Florentine Chicken Ring can be served as a main dish accompanied by a salad or as an appetizer at a party. You can also cut it into smaller pieces for a fun and tasty finger food option. Make sure to have some marinara sauce or ranch dressing on the side for dipping!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Forch926
  • pckellyd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • Jennie50