• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Flip Chart - What to Do With It?

In summary, the flip chart is a great way to organize your thoughts and notes for your show. It can also be used as a tool to keep your guests oriented while you are talking.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I ordered the flip chart on my last supply order, thinking that it would make my presentation look a little more professional. I was making the Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle today and since it's such a quickie recipe decided that I would start out with a walk through the products type of thing. I have all the flip chart inserts from HO (SA, Cookware, SS....) and went through them as I was talking about the products prior to my demo. Well, my plan was that once I finished talking and started on my recipe that I'd put the flip chart on my hosts coffee table and move on.....well.....my hosts didn't have a coffee table, as a matter of fact the only table in the room was mine - and I don't have enough room for my demo and a flip chart.

So, what do ya'll do with your flip chart? And what fun things do you have in it? Today was the first time I've used one so I'm still a little akward with it. Good news is my host is at $503 with more outside orders coming in, so I guess my akwardness was okay!

Last edited:
Bumping because I wanna know too!

When I don't have room to display it - I hold it and flip thru it, and then pass around the pages so everyone can see them up close. When I am cleaning up, one of the first things I do is put all of my pages back in the flip-chart.

(Of course - I only do this when I actually remember to use it!:rolleyes: )

If you put the "information" card in the next plastic protector and hold it up as you talk ~ you can read the back for cues about the product. This works for me since I'm new and not as familiar with the product specs.

I have a second one ordered:confused: Why you say? At NC I attended the Test Kitchen workshop with the Lovely, Raebates!!:love: (I love her..in a Pampered Chef, sisterhood kinda way!!!)
Anyway...the chefs used the flipchart for their notes on what they were going to say during their workshop...they were a bit nervous! I think that this could be a great way to start a new consultant out. They can have their notes, show outline, word phrases, etc. right there on the flip chart. They can then fill part of it with the cookware and other inserts.
Am I making any sense?!?!?!:yuck:

baychef said:
I have a second one ordered:confused: Why you say? At NC I attended the Test Kitchen workshop with the Lovely, Raebates!!:love: (I love her..in a Pampered Chef, sisterhood kinda way!!!)
Anyway...the chefs used the flipchart for their notes on what they were going to say during their workshop...they were a bit nervous! I think that this could be a great way to start a new consultant out. They can have their notes, show outline, word phrases, etc. right there on the flip chart. They can then fill part of it with the cookware and other inserts.
Am I making any sense?!?!?!:yuck:

Sure... we believe you;)

And, yes the new consultant idea makes PERFECT sense. When I started, I purchased the black binder and put all my notes in there. I also tore apart a catalog and put each page in a plastic sleve so I could flip through the catalog if I needed to while doing my show and still look professional and keep "my" catalog free of spills and such.

Excellent idea! It was great to see the chefs looking at the flip chart (it was standing up and their side had the notes) so they could stay on track, but still not look too far away from their audience. It looked very professional.

Can we order more page protectors to go with the flip chart?

Yes, you can order more pages. I just started using mine two shows ago.

I explained to them that I have to cheat and read my notes about some of the items since there was so much great information and I didn't want to leave anything out.

I use mine at the corner of the table I work on. I put the sheets in order of how I want to talk about them. I don't need to read the notes anymore, but I do list the page numbers for the guests to turn to in the catalog to see what I'm talking about.

For example I used the Deep Covered Baker first and had them turn to the stoneware pages. I can never remember the darn page numbers - makes me look so smart:)!

I use mine at every show, but not to "cheat" (although that is a great suggestion for newbies!). I put the current month's guest special first, then the upcoming host specials, then the fundraiser & wedding registry flyers, then the product cards they have been sending us (forged cutlery, cookware, trifle bowl, etc.). I use it after my intro to explain the guest special (what they can get "on sale" tonight) and then after thanking the host for having the show, I explain the host special and upcoming host programs (I get the host to say how much she wants XX from XX month, too, to get people interested in booking to help the host!). I then pass it around to the guests or put it in close proximity to them so they can see it an flip through it at their leisure.

After my demo and as I go to set up to take orders, I take it with me and prop it up in front of me for people to see as they sit down. I make sure I ask them about the guest special (in case they forgot - about 1/2 do!) and then flip to the host specials and ask about hosting a show. I guess I need to put a recruiting one in there, too, b/c I always forget to talk about that. Hey, if it's all in there, I won't forget, right?! I started bringing it to the "order" table to have the guest special numbers in front of me, but it turned into more of a closing helper, so I use it all the time now.

I got a 2nd one to have for fairs so I can have one on each side of the table when it gets crowded (and then I put duplicate flyers in each). Wow, this got longer than I intended. I think it's time for bed! Hope that helps!

Binder InsertsDoes anyone have any binder inserts that you've created yourself?? My first show is coming up so I could use all the help!!!

What is a flip chart?

A flip chart is a presentation tool that consists of a series of large paper sheets bound together at the top. It is commonly used in meetings, workshops, and presentations to display information, brainstorm ideas, and engage the audience.

How do I use a flip chart effectively?

To use a flip chart effectively, it is important to have a clear purpose and structure for your presentation. Write legibly and use bullet points or visual aids to make the information easy to understand. Use colors and illustrations to make the flip chart visually appealing and engaging.

What are the benefits of using a flip chart?

Using a flip chart can help you to communicate your ideas clearly and engage your audience in a visual and interactive way. It also allows for flexibility and encourages participation and collaboration.

Can I customize the content on a flip chart?

Yes, you can customize the content on a flip chart according to your specific needs and preferences. You can use different colored markers, add images or diagrams, and even attach additional sheets of paper for more space.

How do I store and transport a flip chart?

Flip charts are typically lightweight and easy to store and transport. You can use a carrying case or bag specifically designed for flip charts, or simply fold it up and carry it under your arm. Just make sure to protect it from any damage or moisture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
angelm75
  • KayPT
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Christ Follower