• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toFlip Chart or Not to Flip Chart?

In summary, the flip chart is helpful for presentations, but it is a pain to use. It is also beneficial to have on hand for guests to flip through. Worth it? depends on the person.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
Okay, what are your opinions on the flip chart thing, helpful? Beneficial? Worth it? I've been doing PC for a year now and am considering it. I've always held up a binder with the info in it (kind of a pain) and don't always remember everything I want to say about the products. Just wondering about the pro/cons etc. Thanks!

I have one and like it. I go through everything that is in it and then I stand at the table where the guests are sitting. They flip through it. I actually got a sale off a package that I made up myself. Also, I have the do you love a baragin flyer and have gotten several bookings from it. I need to put a commission chart in it then I can talk about it! Anyway I like it because I feel like I can talk about things easier than if I didn't have it. Before I was never getting bookings from shows and was having to call people. I just started using mine in June. I had 3 shows and one show got 2 bookings, one show none and the other 1 booking. I don't think I would have gotten them without it because I didn't talk about the benefits of hosting until I got my flipchart.

Thanks. That helps. At the end off the night when I get home, I'm always remembering everything that I forgot to say!

I'm not familiar with this ... could you help me figure out what you are talking about? Of course, I'm a little slow today.

There's a display binder available on supply order that stands upright. There are some inserts available from HO to display in it (stoneware, knives, SA, etc.). I add the monthly special flyers. Some folks add even more. And some folks actually go through it as part of their show.

chefann said:
There's a display binder available on supply order that stands upright. There are some inserts available from HO to display in it (stoneware, knives, SA, etc.). I add the monthly special flyers. Some folks add even more. And some folks actually go through it as part of their show.

*snort*......I faithfully fill mine, and take it to every show...and about 75% of the time, forget to use it!

ChefBeckyD said:
*snort*......I faithfully fill mine, and take it to every show...and about 75% of the time, forget to use it!
Me, too!

At Leadership, the test kitchen folks used the backs of the pages for presentation tips/outline, so they wouldn't forget anything. I thought that was a good idea.

I'd have to stand in one spot then, though, and that would drive me nuts.

I am using a notebook with the monthly specials, theme show ideas and the like and pass it at each show. Maybe I'll consider doing it this way instead.

Chef_2_Four, do you think actually picking it up and talking through each page has made the difference for you, or just having it on display and people thumbing through it?

Yes, I was wondering that myself...

I use mine at all my shows. However, because I am always using it, it has started to rip across the top that you open up. Pretty soon I will have a binder in 2 pieces.

I use a binder. It has guest/host specials in it. Theme show info. Wedding registry flyer, fundraiser info.
Then I have all my fun trip photos and letters from the company, some recruiting info with a paycheck stub, and then at the end a letter I wrote to say thank you for looking through my book today. Please take a look at the very last page of this binder to see what really makes this business the best there is out there. And the last page has an inspirational letter from my upline Senior director just being the wonderful gal she is.
I actually talk about the most recent guest/host specials, and then I say, "OK, the rest is up to you! Lots of great info about wedding registrys, Fund raisers, and the best job opportunity you could ever hope to find. You will want to look through every page, because I dont want to hear anyone complaining that I didnt tell them about something... its all in there! :D

I've been wandering about the flip chart as well.

1. Should I use a flip chart during my Pampered Chef party?

Using a flip chart during your party is completely up to you! Some consultants find it helpful to have visual aids to showcase products and recipes, while others prefer a more hands-on approach. Consider your audience and the flow of your party to determine if a flip chart would be beneficial.

2. What are the benefits of using a flip chart?

A flip chart can help to keep your party organized and on track. It allows you to visually demonstrate products and recipes, making it easier for guests to understand and remember. It also frees up your hands to interact with guests and perform cooking demonstrations.

3. Do I have to purchase a flip chart from Pampered Chef?

No, you do not have to purchase a flip chart from Pampered Chef. You can create your own using a large pad or whiteboard, or you can purchase one from a stationary or office supply store. However, Pampered Chef does offer a flip chart specifically designed for consultants.

4. How should I use the flip chart during my party?

There is no right or wrong way to use a flip chart during your party. Some consultants prefer to have it on display throughout the entire party, while others only bring it out for specific product demonstrations. Experiment with different ways to incorporate the flip chart into your party and see what works best for you.

5. Can I customize the flip chart to fit my personal style?

Yes, you can customize the flip chart to fit your personal style and party theme. You can add your own graphics, fonts, and colors to make it unique and eye-catching. Just be sure to stay within Pampered Chef's branding guidelines and avoid using any copyrighted material.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PCBritt
  • pamperedchefmonica
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Mel92504
  • Kelly8