• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing the 1099 Error: Latest Update on V-Day Plans for Directors

not mashed... potatoes. I am also making him a cookie bouquet. I saw these on a tv ad, looked it up and said that there is no way I am spending $60 on this when I can make it myself. I went to allrecipes.com and looked up the best sugar cookie and icing recipe so wish me luck!
chefkugler
1099 ErrorDid anyone else get an email that the 1099 they sent was wrong and they are sending a new one? I know we were talking about how they didn't show the Fall director benefit. I went back in and mine still doesn't show it.

Yes, I got the email today. UGH!!!

I was waiting for it

Yeah, no surprise. I just hate that though. Last time I received a revised 1099 we got audited because the IRS ADDED the 2 together instead of tossing the first one. :mad:

bethcooks4u said:
Yeah, no surprise. I just hate that though. Last time I received a revised 1099 we got audited because the IRS ADDED the 2 together instead of tossing the first one. :mad:

oh, I can so see my DH having a coronary over that! He's already having a fit about my "record keeping":rolleyes:

I am already having a coronary over the idea!

Yeah, PC isn't too swift on these 1099s. There was a mistake on mine last year as well and I decided not to push for a corrected one (it was only like $20 of extra income that wasn't really income). I hope there's nothing else too bad on mine this time.

I have been doing this for 4 years (next month) and the past 2 years I have gotten a notice that my SS# is in correct with the IRS. Funny how that wasn't a problem the 2 years before, and wasn't fixed last year.

So do you all think that because of this error we could get audited?

Don't panic. When that happened to us I just sent a letter with documentation and they actually apologized to us (yes - the IRS said they were sorry!).

Wow that is cool. I'm thinking this could be a big pain. But if this happens, I will do that too.

Got mine in yesterday's mail

What are you up to for valentine's day? My DH is surprising me (I'm making him since he's been neglecting me with all his studying for school:angel:). I am very excited.

I plan to let my DH come up with a plan. The current plan is a pipe organ concert- which ain't thrilling me much- and he knows it. So I hope that there is something better in the works.

My GF is overseas at the moment, but she gets back Feb 20th. We plan on doing something then.

We have never done anything for Valentines day. :( So I don't expect anything. One of these years Scott will surprise me.

DH usually gets me roses and a box of Russel Stover chocolates, though one year he surprised me with chocolates from this really yummy place. They make this "turtle" that's HUGE.... and tasty! We just had a date night this past weekend so I don't expect much. We do cards though... we do cards for every holiday.

I have no clue what we are doing............ Hopefully he surpises me with something good. :)

Anyone planning on surprising HIM? I was thinking that maybe he does stupid things like pipe organ concerts (cringe) because I am such a poor example? So maybe I need to do something? He likes cookies (all kinds) (homemade), and flowers. Maybe I need to spend Thursday morning and afternoon baking, and pick up some Alstromeria...

My hubby doesn't believe in celebrating V-day and its ok. He treats me great every day- so I'm cooking steaks and we have an appointment that night with our interior decorator who doesn't celebrate it either.

I bought my DH a card and some really cute boxers that have red lip kisses on them. We don't go out for dinner or anything . . . I don't like the crowds or waiting. However, this weekend we are going away, just the two of us . . . it wasn't planned for vday but, it works. I am very excited!! I can't wait!!

Well we wont be doing gifts or anything like that, but on the 16th, we are going to a special dinner (with 19 other couples). Our church set up a nice dinner at a Japanese restaurant here. For $40, you get both meals and it includes tax and tip. Plus the church is providing child care.

On the 14th, I will most likely be scrambling to get my shows in for double points...ha ha ha.

No plans here - not much for us single people on that day

DH is working that day (He works until 7) so we will not be going out that night. We usually do not go out on the actual day but the week of or week after. Just because it is sooo busy we would rather just go another time.

But I am making steaks and crab legs with smashed (not mashed) potatoes. I am also making him a cookie bouquet. I saw these on a tv ad, looked it up and said that there is no way I am spending $60 on this when I can make it myself. I went to allrecipes.com and looked up the best sugar cookie and icing recipe so wish me luck!

Here is an example of what I will be making. Not sure how well I can write in icing so I may not be doing conversation hearts, I think I will be doing the sweet valentines one. What do you all think?

http://www.cookiesbydesign.com/category.aspx?CategoryID=30

No plans that I know of..........we don't do a whole lot for valentine's day........

Christ Follower said:
Well we wont be doing gifts or anything like that, but on the 16th, we are going to a special dinner (with 19 other couples). Our church set up a nice dinner at a Japanese restaurant here. For $40, you get both meals and it includes tax and tip. Plus the church is providing child care.

On the 14th, I will most likely be scrambling to get my shows in for double points...ha ha ha.

WOW...$40 for a meal for 2 plus babysitting...what a deal...

chef_kimmo said:
No plans here - not much for us single people on that day

Same here...so if anyone wants to chat...Kimmo and I will be here chatting with each other...lol...

My babysitter got HEADLICE! Our plans are cancelled... i dont have to go to the pipe organ concert now!! Yippee!!!

anybody else still waiting for a corrected 1099? I have been in touch with HO several times, and they keep telling me to check CC, but when I do it still shows the original (incorrect) one. Did you just get a corrected one via snail mail?

I got my corrected one in the mail a couple days ago.

So, now my latest communication says basically "we are aware of the problem, and will not be doing anything until 02/18":grumpy: Don't get me wrong I LOVE PC, but this is a little too much.

Nikkijo said:
DH is working that day (He works until 7) so we will not be going out that night. We usually do not go out on the actual day but the week of or week after. Just because it is sooo busy we would rather just go another time.

But I am making steaks and crab legs with smashed (not mashed) potatoes. I am also making him a cookie bouquet. I saw these on a tv ad, looked it up and said that there is no way I am spending $60 on this when I can make it myself. I went to allrecipes.com and looked up the best sugar cookie and icing recipe so wish me luck!

Here is an example of what I will be making. Not sure how well I can write in icing so I may not be doing conversation hearts, I think I will be doing the sweet valentines one. What do you all think?

http://www.cookiesbydesign.com/category.aspx?CategoryID=30

What a great idea! You will do fine! I know you can do the writing, use the deco bottles. It's really easy! Practice on one cookie, I know you can do it!

We have no plans for tonight. I told dh happy val day this morning and he said it's valentines day? NO, we've just been talking about it for a week! We really don't usually do much, I have to decide what I'm cooking for tonight. We don't go out it's just too overpriced. I really need to go get my morning going.

friday said:
My babysitter got HEADLICE! Our plans are cancelled... i dont have to go to the pipe organ concert now!! Yippee!!!

yay...congratulations friday!

missydivine said:
What a great idea! You will do fine! I know you can do the writing, use the deco bottles. It's really easy! Practice on one cookie, I know you can do it!

duh..smack forehead..thank you Mary why did I not think of the decoration bottles? All I was thinking was plastic baggie..good thing I'm not decorating them until this afternoon.

Nikki- let us know how they come out! It's a super cute idea!

Our Valentines Day doesn't feel like a Valentines Day. We had a humoungous storm last night and woke up with no power. Kids have no school hence the no power thing. So... all the treats I made for their class will have to wait until tomorrow!

Brandi said:
Nikki- let us know how they come out! It's a super cute idea!

Our Valentines Day doesn't feel like a Valentines Day. We had a humoungous storm last night and woke up with no power. Kids have no school hence the no power thing. So... all the treats I made for their class will have to wait until tomorrow!

the cookies are cute..i am waiting for the icing to dry on them and on the sucker stick..hoping the stick will stay on..fingers crossed. when it is all done I will take a pic

Related to Fixing the 1099 Error: Latest Update on V-Day Plans for Directors

1. Why did I receive an email about a 1099 error from Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef recently discovered an error in the 1099s that were sent out to Directors. They have since sent out a corrected version to ensure accurate reporting.

2. What was the error in the 1099s?

The error was related to the Fall director benefit not being included in the original 1099s. This benefit has now been added in the corrected version.

3. Will I receive a new 1099 with the corrected information?

Yes, if you received an email about the error, Pampered Chef will be sending you a new 1099 with the updated information.

4. Do I need to amend my tax return because of this error?

It is recommended that you consult with a tax professional to determine if amending your tax return is necessary. However, the corrected 1099 should provide accurate information for tax reporting purposes.

5. Has anyone else experienced this error with their 1099?

Yes, it seems that many Directors have received the email about the error and will be receiving a new 1099 from Pampered Chef with the corrected information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies