• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Time Doing Booth and Need Suggestions

In summary, the elementary school wants cash and carry items for their spring carnival. Products that have been suggested include door prizes from the supply order sheet, Chinese boxes with selected products inside, and selling items from the home show booth.
kncmurray
Gold Member
I am doing at an elementary school for a spring carnival and they want some items to be cash and carry. What are good products to sell. I am going to put out there If you place an order you will receive a free gift, like the Season's Best Cookbook or something small no more than maybe $5 or so. If you book a show etc. I saw a post for the Free Cooking Show for door prizes and thought that was a good idea.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kim

As far as cash and carry items, I've only heard of consultants using door prizes from the supply order sheet. I've never done cash and carry, though. Another way to get bookings is to have Chinese boxes decorated like the festival's theme. Inside each box is a picture of a product (usually under $10). If they book a show that day, they will get to choose a box and receive the product in the box on the day of the show. I always have 10 boxes displayed for each day of the festival. It's worked too.

i have a home show booth sat and i will let you know what works after the show my ideas are do a drawing of a free cooking show. and also a booking tree. i made some cards up using the old catties and cut out the items to put on a back of a card and i put the dates that are open on the fount of the card.

Twix It Clips, Mix N Chop, Small Bamboo Spoons, Spreader, Mini Serving Spatulas, Seasonings.... Just a few ideas. :chef:

My director says in order to do a cash and carry booth 'by the book' you need to have something like 6 of each item in the catalog on hand. You may want to look into this prior to your carnival...

I wish you the best....and I'm not trying to deflate your bubble, but I've done 2 of these and will not do any more. BOTH of them were a total waste of my time and absolutely nothing came of them. Shew. That was a lot of negativity!! But seriously, what I found to be true at both of them was that the kids were typically dragging mom and dad around to all of the fun stuff that they wanted to do, and even if mom (or dad) tried to stop by for a minute and possibly even register for my drawing, they were quickly distracted by child from school. Perhaps yours will be TONS better and you'll have great success.....just be prepared for the worst!!

I think you have a great idea.

For those parents who are kids are "dragging them around to the fun stuff" I always ask if they have a business card. If so then they can just drop it in the drawing box, instead of having to fill out a slip with all of their info.

Hi- I am fairly new to this so this may sound silly but how do you offer a free cooking show? And what is a booking tree? By the way I love this site. It has given me soo many ideas.. thanks

For the kid issue, have an area of play for them if possible. Play-doh with the creative cutters, baker's roller, etc. I've heard of doing confetti and water in the quick-stir pitcher, but I'd be afraid of spilling!! Even filling the new collapsible bowl with rice or something with buried treasure. Something to keep them busy.As for cash n carry, I think you can order inventory as a personal order, but it does have to be 6 of whatever items you choose.I do not do that exactly, but I kind of feel that I'm preordering for them. What's the difference if I order it one week earlier? I pick items that I'm pretty sure I'll sell. You don't want to get stuck with a lot of extra items. I get some outlet items too which draws people in if it's something really old. They love that stuff!

chefkacey said:
Hi- I am fairly new to this so this may sound silly but how do you offer a free cooking show? And what is a booking tree? By the way I love this site. It has given me soo many ideas.. thanks

A free cooking show is one where you pay to mail the invitations, and you bring the ingredients, so there is no cost to the host. And, typically, when you do a drawing for a free cooking show, everyone wins! (Although you don't tell them that.) ;)

I do my booking tree with a tree-like photo holder. It has 5 arms with little clips on the end, and in each one I put a card with a date on it that I want to book. On the other side I have a form for them to fill out with all their contact information on it. I usually say if they book a show, they get a gift - something small like a Season's Best or Citrus Peeler, and then if they meet my Goals (5 outside orders, 10 guests at their show, and 1 outside booking) I will buy them a cookbook on their order at their show.

There are lots of variations on the booking tree, and lots of places people have found them. I would suggest doing a search for booking tree to see what folks have said...

HTH.

Not sure where people are getting the 6 of an item, but I've never heard that. As for cash and carry, I usually have pantry items because they are guaranteed to get to you, no guarantee after that. What you have to be careful of is that the warranty is not transferrable, so I wouldn't suggest anything beyond small items and pantry items. What you could do is let people know that if they order today, a portion of the proceeds will go to the school. Just do a quick fundraiser.

I worked a festival in a campground and had people buying my used items that I had on display and paid full price for them. I just reordered them when I got home. I also had a few new items that had on hand. I usually buy items to sell when a friend does a show and needs a few dollars to reach the next level. Mini spatulas, ice cream scoops, and stoneware scrapers are usually good sellers.

Technically, if you are going to carry "inventory", you are supposed to order 6 items on a personal order marked inventory. It's listed in our procedures manual. I don't tend to do it that way personally and I too have sold my products and then just purchased new ones to replace them. Some people just do not order!

I just placed an order from the Outlet to have a few cash and carry items for the street fair I am doing next Sunday. I figure if they don't sell, I can always use them as door prizes... Now I need to decide if I want to do booking balloons or the paper boxes with prizes inside... But I really do need some bookings, either way!! I also looked up the six item rule in Policies and Procedures today, and it said you had to mail in the order for inventory, and buy six of each item. Since I don't have time for that, I just did an outlet order.

What products should I have on display at my booth?

It's important to have a good variety of products on display at your booth to catch the attention of potential customers. Some popular items to have on display include our Stoneware, Mix 'N Chop, and Quick Cooker. We also recommend having some of our top-selling products, like the Garlic Press and Food Chopper, available for customers to handle and try out.

How should I set up my booth for maximum success?

When setting up your booth, it's important to create an inviting and welcoming display. Use tablecloths, risers, and other props to make your products stand out. Have a clear and organized layout to make it easy for customers to browse. Also, make sure to have business cards and catalogs readily available for customers to take with them.

What is the best way to engage with customers at my booth?

Engaging with customers is crucial for a successful booth experience. Smile, greet customers as they approach, and be ready to answer any questions they may have about our products. Offer product demonstrations and samples to get customers interested and excited about our products. Additionally, having a raffle or giveaway can help draw in more customers and create buzz around your booth.

How can I attract more customers to my booth?

There are several ways to attract more customers to your booth. Promote your booth on social media and in local community groups. Use eye-catching signage and decorations to draw people in. Offer special discounts or promotions for customers who visit your booth. Also, consider partnering with other vendors or businesses to cross-promote each other's booths.

What should I do after the event is over?

After the event, make sure to follow up with any potential customers who showed interest in our products. Send out thank you notes or emails to customers who made purchases or stopped by your booth. Use this opportunity to also gather feedback and suggestions for future events. Additionally, don't forget to restock and organize your products for your next booth event!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies