• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Show Tomorrow: Any Advice?

In summary, the conversation offers tips and advice for someone about to have their first show. The main advice is to ask everyone for support and to have fun and relax. Other tips include using note cards for product knowledge and being honest about being new. It is also recommended to practice out loud and admit it is the first show.
Cape_PC
OK eveyone I have my first show tomorrow. Can you guys give me your best tips to make this go well?

ASK EVERYONE! It really does work. And make it fun. . . oh yeah and relax. Enjoy it!

Don't be afraid to use note cards with your show outline/info on them. Have fun and relax! And absolutely ask everyone! Even if you say you need more shows to get some practice. :)

If you are not big on product knowledge yet, hand out a note card to each guest. On the note card it would say "Stoneware" (or whatever) and some facts about that product. So then when you get to the part of the demo with Stoneware, you can ask, "Who has the stoneware card?" and have them read it.

Have FUN ! ! ! ! !

I've only had 5 shows myself- so I am pretty new. But my first show I was stumbling and flubbing all over the place because I was so nervous. It does get better! Have fun!

Cape_PC said:
OK eveyone I have my first show tomorrow. Can you guys give me your best tips to make this go well?

Is this my newest recruit? This is Ann!!! Hey stick to the business stuff around here and you will find a great bunch of information!!

Ask everyone is the best advice!! My show is sticking so I won't be there to beat off your relatives!!:D

Will call you soon!:chef:

i've had 2 live shows and lemme tell ya, my first wasn't pretty! but i still got 2 bookings off it. 1 was a lady from church i kinda knew and the other a complete stranger. so definitely ASK EVERYONE! and try to relax and have fun. and you know, my second show wasn't the greatest either, but i still got 2 bookings off it as well. GOOD LUCK!

Have a Fun time and be yourself.. Don't pretend to know something if you don't and don't be afraid to say OPPS!!! and laugh it off...

I just did my 1st show last weekend here in Texas since I moved from Ca.
and I was super nervous.. I did not know a single person... we all had a great time, and I was honest through the whole show.. esp since it was my 1st time at a show making a ring.. ( 1st time for our family)

I said to all of them "please forgive me" this is the 2nd time I have made this and I am hoping that it turns out pretty this time..

they all laughed !! and they all loved it !! I got 3 bookings and a hopeful new team member :)

oh and if you have time .. act out the show for your family.. and then eat that for a snack or dinner !!!

Good Luck !!

You've been given some great advice. Just have fun. Practice out loud; that will make it easier to remember.

(1) Have FUN. (2) Admit it is your first show and ask them to make suggestions at the
end, on how you could make it better, more interesting, etc. My first show, a nurse was
in the audience and she suggested that I wear gloves when handling food. She also caught me putting one of the knives back in its sleeve without washing it! OOPS! Advice: Demo the knives with the sleeves before you use them to cut anything. (3) Tell them you need bookings to get started, and about your goals in the first 30,60,90 days, and all the goodies you could earn if they would just help you. When they know we have
goals, they step up to help us achieve them. My daughter had my first party in May 2005, at noon, and a neighbor did my second party on the same day at 7PM. Two in the same day can be a bit too much to start with but I was half way to my goal of 4 shows.

Relax, have fun and remember to let them know that you are a Pampered Chef - not a Perfect Chef

:chef:

Just remember this line: "That's a very good question. Let me find out for you."

baychef said:
Is this my newest recruit? This is Ann!!! Hey stick to the business stuff around here and you will find a great bunch of information!!

Ask everyone is the best advice!! My show is sticking so I won't be there to beat off your relatives!!:D

Will call you soon!:chef:

Yup, this is me. Well I am off to the show now. I guess there are 20 confirmed guests and some are bringing friends! AHH!! Hope I dont stumble too bad!

I will call tonight to see how it went! Remember, this will probably be your most uncomfortable show so it only gets better from here on out!

Got to get ready for my show now!

I can't wait to hear how your show went...prayers for super sales and LOTS OF BOOKINGS for you!

Remember: you'll never have another first show! That's both good and bad. :) But you'll never be able to say you're a complete and total newbie anymore.

Thanks everyone for your support! It was akward because no one really wanted to participate but it went much better after my host actually made the recipe while I was able to describe the products she was using. There seemed to be alot of downtime when I was doing the recipe. I learned alot though about what I should have ready for next time :) But I got over $650 in orders at the show, she still has about 6 outside orders to give me and I got a booking from it!! So I think it very well considering!! Thanks!

$650 is REALLY GOOD for your first show! Congrats on the sales and the booking! You did good!

What a relief for you. Great job on the sales! One thing I do during down time is talk about upcoming specials or about other tools or throw in some recruiting lines. If I know there is going to be a long bit of down time I ask people if they have a stone and what they like about them and what they use them for.

What should I wear to my first show?

It's important to dress professionally and comfortably. Choose an outfit that reflects your personal style, but also keeps in mind that you will be demonstrating and cooking in front of a group. Avoid wearing anything too revealing or distracting.

How should I prepare for my first show?

Make sure you have all the necessary products, ingredients, and tools for your demonstrations. Practice your recipes beforehand and make sure you have a clear understanding of the products you will be showcasing. Also, don't forget to review the host's guest list and make sure you are familiar with any potential food allergies or preferences.

What are some helpful tips for engaging with the guests?

It's important to make eye contact and use a friendly and inviting tone when speaking to the guests. Encourage them to participate and ask questions throughout the show. Also, make sure to listen to their feedback and address any concerns or questions they may have.

Are there any specific products or recipes that are recommended for a first show?

We recommend starting with simple and versatile products and recipes that can be easily demonstrated and appeal to a wide range of guests. Our Stoneware and Cutlery sets are popular choices for first shows, along with simple recipes like our Classic Batter Bowl Brownies.

What should I do if something goes wrong during my first show?

Don't panic! Remember to stay calm and professional, and try to find a solution to the issue. If necessary, ask for assistance from your upline or a more experienced consultant. Most importantly, don't let a small mishap ruin the overall experience for yourself and your guests. Keep a positive attitude and continue on with the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SilverCeladon
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • JenniK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LisaStockdale
Replies