• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Show---Mystery Show Pot for Bookings

if someone already has all the benefits they would want, they might not see the point in hosting another show. For those who are new to the business, I think it would be a great way to get started. :)Yes, Jae, GREAT IDEA!! :)
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, so tomorrow is my KICK off grand oppening where i am having a show..This is pretty much everyone I know as i just moved to a new town and I have done a lot of asking in all aspects of my life (church, playdates, neighbors, etc..) It is really imp for me to get some bookings from this so i can keep my momentum and have a good start.

In order to get bookings, or motivate bookings, I was going to have a bowl, and say, "If you commit to booking a show with me in the next 60 days, put your name in this bucket..and one person will be drawn at the end of tonights show and that person will be the HOST of tonight's show..and get all the host benefits..

Do you think that is a good motivator for someone to book?

If you're using the "mystery host" benefits as an incentive to book, you can tell them they'll get 10% off their order at their show, host benefits *and* past host benefits.Since there's no way to 'enforce' the booking so to speak, I'd be tempted to say all orders over $X go in the pot, and bookings get something free at their show - maybe a free host item (since you'll be getting it 60% off) with a qualifying show.

I don't think I'd give anyone everything from the show. You're going to want to earn some things for your new business. Give one person the chance to earn this month's hostess benefit (salad choppers or salad spinner). One person gets a half priced item, one person gets a free July guest special (you won't have to pay for that), one person gets her name on the show so she gets the 10% discount for a year and one item at the discount earned, etc. People can put their name in the bowl for coming, for ordering (and/or ordering a certain amount like $40 or something), for bringing a guest who you didn't invite, and for booking they get to put their name in twice.

That is an excellent idea, Jae! :)

Yes, Jae, GREAT IDEA!!

I'm going to do a mystery host show sometime soon, too!

smilesarepriceless said:
Do you think that is a good motivator for someone to book?

Just my opinion here... but if I were to go to another DS show and get all of the host benefits that night... I wouldn't really need to host another show... I would already be getting everything I want...

finley1991 said:
Just my opinion here... but if I were to go to another DS show and get all of the host benefits that night... I wouldn't really need to host another show... I would already be getting everything I want...
I was thinking the same thing, Colleen. I have done that a couple times a few years back, and usually the person who won that prize, didn't even realize it was available to win. So it wasn't a draw to come, apparently.

JAE said:
I don't think I'd give anyone everything from the show. You're going to want to earn some things for your new business. Give one person the chance to earn this month's hostess benefit (salad choppers or salad spinner). One person gets a half priced item, one person gets a free July guest special (you won't have to pay for that), one person gets her name on the show so she gets the 10% discount for a year and one item at the discount earned, etc. People can put their name in the bowl for coming, for ordering (and/or ordering a certain amount like $40 or something), for bringing a guest who you didn't invite, and for booking they get to put their name in twice.

Ok --I'm liking how you phrased this all JAE!

Let me break this down..I'm sorry..but I'm feeling a little flustered...knowing my show is tomorrow..and I thought I knew what I was doing..lol

1. Give one person the chance to earn this month's hostess benefit (salad choppers or salad spinner). - I understand this....
**NEED HELP HERE----2. one person gets her name on the show so she gets the 10% discount for a year and one item at the discount earned, etc..I don't understand the 'one item at the discount earned..part of this...??
3. One person gets a half priced item - Got it..I understand..
4. one person gets a free July guest special (you won't have to pay for that), - Why would they get this for free???

finley1991 said:

Ah, GREAT point. I tend to agree with you....

smilesarepriceless said:
Ok --I'm liking how you phrased this all JAE!

Let me break this down..I'm sorry..but I'm feeling a little flustered...knowing my show is tomorrow..and I thought I knew what I was doing..lol

1. Give one person the chance to earn this month's hostess benefit (salad choppers or salad spinner). - I understand this....
**NEED HELP HERE----2. one person gets her name on the show so she gets the 10% discount for a year and one item at the discount earned, etc..I don't understand the 'one item at the discount earned..part of this...??
3. One person gets a half priced item - Got it..I understand..
4. one person gets a free July guest special (you won't have to pay for that), - Why would they get this for free???

As for your first question... hosts earn a certain percent off of anything additional (over the free product amount) at their shows. For example, if a person hosts a $500 show, they earn $90 in FREE products, 2 half-offs, and 25% off any additional purchases. So, that person would get the 10% discount for an entire year and be able to purchase something additional at the mystery host show at the discount (25% or whatever it is).

HTH

Heather,
These were just ideas. You don't have to do it. But, for your #2 up there, you could offer one item at the earned discount if you want. Maybe you could offer her one stone, excluding the Deep Covered Baker, at the earned discount. So, if you have a $500 show than the discount is 25%. So the winner of that drawing gets her name on the show for a year of 10% off and one stone at 25% off. If your show is $300 level the discount is 20% off one stone.
You don't have to do the drawings until you've totaled up the orders. In order to explain number two on a flyer you would just say it the way I posted it above. Or, add "...based on show sales".
#4 I think I mis-typed. You would have to pay for that if you offer it as a gift, but you order it with the host discount on the host order. You won't have to pay very much because you would be getting commission, too.

thanks... I appreciate it! :>

So......
would this sound good ladies....

If i were to have these FUN offers at my show!

1. Everyone who attends gets their name in a drawing for a free classic batter bowl ( i have an extra...)..

THEN, anyone who commits to book a show within the next 60 days with a date tonight on my calendar, can place a ticket in for a drawing of the following -

1. - a drawing for one person to receive the host 10% off for an entire year. (would they get anything THAT evening too from their order)???

2. -a drawing for one person to get the july host special (salad berry spinner or salad chopper for the stated reduced prices from PC)
3. -a drawing for one person to get one half priced item

So the way I see it is, no one wants to book, no loss, but for those that would, they have a high likelyhood of benefiting..

Thoughts?

If you have something to give the person who wins the 10% for a year then go ahead. You could just tell them they may order one item at the host discount and you'll call them before you close the show to tell them what the discount is going to be. They can order if they want.

Heather,
Have you had many people RSVP? I am just curious because we just moved to a new town and I hosted a 2 evening open house show and I handed out a ton of invites and catalogs and only 7 people came between the 2 shows. I had good sales but no bookings. I would love to know how it turns out and what worked really well for you to get people there.

as of this minute I have 9 RSVP's...and 90% of them I have either personally seen them today or will see them in the morning at a playdate......

To me, getting the bookings is most impt..at this point, b/c if i get none, i'll be at a loss, as to get more since these are ALL the people i've met so far..

I think in my heart, 2 people will book, but I am hoping the extra incentives my encourage others to book!

Well, I wish you all the luck on your show tomorrow.

YES! Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes!!!!

1. How does the Mystery Show Pot work?

The Mystery Show Pot is a tool used to generate bookings for future shows. The host of the first show draws a number from the pot during the party and that number corresponds to a mystery host. The mystery host will then receive free products and discounts based on the sales from the first show.

2. How do I get a Mystery Show Pot for my first show?

The Mystery Show Pot is typically provided by the Pampered Chef consultant hosting the first show. If you are a consultant yourself, you can purchase a Mystery Show Pot through the Pampered Chef website or through your director.

3. What are the benefits of using a Mystery Show Pot?

The Mystery Show Pot is a great way to incentivize guests to book their own Pampered Chef parties. It also helps the host of the first show to earn more free products and discounts based on the success of their party and the mystery host's party.

4. Can I use the Mystery Show Pot for all types of Pampered Chef parties?

Yes, the Mystery Show Pot can be used for all types of Pampered Chef parties, including in-home shows, online parties, and catalog parties.

5. How do I ensure that the mystery host receives their rewards?

The consultant hosting the first show is responsible for tracking the sales from the mystery host's party and providing them with their rewards. It is important to communicate with the mystery host and make sure they are aware of their rewards and how to redeem them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Mommy2amo
  • Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • erinhoward