• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding Work-Life Balance: Following Up After Shows

In summary, the conversation discussed the topic of follow-up calls after booth shows and the best timing for them. The speaker shared their personal opinion of following up the day after the event, while some suggested waiting 1-2 weeks as a courtesy to potential leads. It was also mentioned that using email instead of phone calls may be a better approach for some people. The main takeaway was finding a balance between being persistent and respectful in following up.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
I'm looking for opinions on this. I've done some area booth shows and been rather lax on making follow up calls for bookings(calling after a week or so). I know this is not a good thing. :) However, I wanted to change this, so after the last few shows I've done, I've made the calls the following day after the event. Some people have been irate that I called so soon after the event. What timetable do you all follow? I want to be on the ball while I have their interest but I don't want to be perceived as bugging them.

One more thing to add. I work full time and have two children. If I don't make my calls today, Sunday(best for me), I may not get a chance to follow up until the end of the week.

I'm really trying to become more organized with this and focused on my business. Any views or words of wisdom? TIA

You have to think... EVERYONE at the fairs will be calling their leads almost immediately, so that first week after a fair you could imagine how frusterated people are that all of these vendors are calling to sell things! I would give it 1-2 weeks before a follow up call as a courtesy to them. This is just my personal preference, lots of people I know have followed up w/ a call 1-3 days after the fair and had successful results. I am more comfortable with giving them some relax time before hitting them w/ the phone calls and more information! Also I put it in my calendar and make a cover-sheet so I remember to call, who I called, and what we talked about.

Personally, I believe that following up the day after an event is a good practice. It shows that you are organized and on top of your business, and it also capitalizes on the interest and potential leads from the event. However, if some people are expressing irritation, it may be worth considering a compromise and waiting a couple of days before following up. You could also try reaching out via email instead of a phone call, as some people may prefer that method of communication. Ultimately, it's important to find a balance between being persistent and respectful of people's time. Good luck with your follow-ups and growing your business!

Related to Finding Work-Life Balance: Following Up After Shows

1. How do I balance my work and personal life while following up after shows?

Following up after shows can be time consuming, but it's important to find a balance between work and personal life. One way to do this is by setting specific times for follow-ups and sticking to them. For example, you can dedicate an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening for follow-ups, and then use the rest of the day for personal activities.

2. What are some tips for prioritizing my follow-up tasks?

Prioritizing your follow-up tasks can help you stay organized and efficient. One tip is to start with the most urgent tasks, such as following up with potential customers who have expressed interest in purchasing products. Then, move on to less urgent tasks, such as following up with guests who attended the show but did not make a purchase.

3. How can I manage my time effectively when following up after shows?

Managing your time effectively can help you maintain a healthy work-life balance. One way to do this is by creating a schedule or to-do list for your follow-up tasks. This will help you stay focused and on track, and also allow you to prioritize your tasks.

4. What are some ways to stay organized when following up after shows?

Staying organized can help you avoid feeling overwhelmed during the follow-up process. One method is to use a customer management system or spreadsheet to keep track of contact information and follow-up tasks. You can also use folders or labels in your email inbox to sort and prioritize follow-up emails.

5. How important is it to follow up after shows, and why?

Following up after shows is crucial for building and maintaining relationships with potential customers. It shows that you value their interest and are committed to providing excellent customer service. Additionally, following up can lead to future sales and referrals, making it an important aspect of your job as a Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefCat
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • princessmeshelle