• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Too Late to Go Back to School at 30?

In summary, April is finally going back to school after 10 years of hiatus. She had to transfer her credits to a local school so she could concentrate on more of the major classes, but she is hopeful about starting in March and continuing her education. She is a non-traditional student who is interested in Early Childhood Development.
apriljc
I am finally going back to school. I went to college about 10 years ago and had to drop out because of finacial and personal problems. I have been wanting to go back to school and I finally got my butt in gear and got my credits transfered to out metro school, I only had about 6 classes transfer but at least they were the general classes so now I can concentrate on more of the major classes. I am hopefuly going to start in March and am only going to take one class at this time until I can get into a routine of being a student. I work a 8-5 job so I will have to take classes at night or on weekends. My DH is currently taking classes at our local university and we also have 2 boys, ages 3 & 5.. I still want to be involved with PC as much as I can and I am hoping as I am around more people I can share with them the PC. I also am going to advertise too by taking the catalog tote or another PC bag I have to class. We are all going to be very busy but I think we will be fine and it will pay off in the long run. I am also a little nervous about being a 30 year old student and having to study.

Congratulations April! I'm also a non traditional student...gosh I hate that term it makes me feel old and I'm only 29. I also went right after high school but I had to healthy of a social life and I had to take a semester off. It took being at a job that I hated to get my butt back into gear and back to school. I have to say that I am loving it, I only have one more year left :) What is your major?

Don't worry it won't be that bad, I was amazed at how many "older" (older than me) sudents there were.

Good for you April! It took me 8 years to finally graduate after changning my Major about 3x! I was 28 when I finally finished! But once I figured out I needed to be serious about school and bite the bullet I did it in 2 years. I had 200 credits in the end but it felt great to finally Graduate from College! Good luck!

I am majoring in Early Childhood Development. I love to work with little kids. I work as a receptionist at a very busy opthomologists office and have been there for 5 years. One day I just said to myself that I didn't want to do this everyday and listen to people b----- about their eyes and how much paper work that they have to fill out at a doctors office. So I think that was my final push.
I am hoping next school year I can quit my job and be a teachers aide, I am not sure if I can do that but I am going to see if I can.

1. How did you decide to go back to school at 30?

I had always wanted to pursue a higher education, but life circumstances and financial constraints had prevented me from doing so. However, after some soul-searching and talking to friends and family, I realized that it was never too late to achieve my educational goals.

2. What challenges did you face while balancing work and school?

It was definitely a challenge to balance my full-time job at Pampered Chef and my studies. I had to be very organized and manage my time effectively. I also had to make sacrifices, such as giving up some social activities, in order to stay on top of my coursework.

3. Did you have any support from your employer during your educational journey?

Yes, I am grateful to have a supportive employer like Pampered Chef. They offered flexible work hours and even provided financial assistance for my education. My colleagues were also very understanding and supportive of my decision to go back to school.

4. How did going back to school at 30 benefit you in your career?

Pursuing higher education not only helped me gain new knowledge and skills, but it also boosted my confidence and opened up new career opportunities. I was able to apply what I learned in my classes to my job at Pampered Chef, making me a more valuable employee.

5. What advice do you have for others who may be considering going back to school at 30?

My advice would be to not let age or any other factor hold you back from pursuing your educational goals. It may seem daunting, but with determination and hard work, it is definitely achievable. Also, don't be afraid to seek support from your employer, family, and friends – they can be great sources of motivation and assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies
Views
speedychef
Replies
Views
dianevill