• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would a 1978 Mafia Princess Wear to a Murder Mystery Dinner?

You are attending a retreat with your husband where you will be dressing as your character from the 1970s. You are using websites to help you come up with costumes. You are also going to the Salvation Army to find a leisure suit for your husband. You are not sure what costume you will be wearing.
mrssyvo
I thought I posted this already, but could not find it. DH and I are attending a couples retreat next weekend, and Saturday night dinner will be a Murder Mystery, and we need to come dressed for the part- We need to try to dress as our character would have dressed in the 70's. It takes place at our 30 year class reunion (Class of 1978) My character is the daughter of the biggest mob boss ever(Good thing I am Italian, huh?) It was hard for me to get dates in high school, because of my Father's reputation. I fell in love with my father's accountant. I now have 3 kids, live in the classiest part of town, and my kids want to join the "family business" Help me come up with a costume.

Be sure DH wears a polyester Leisure Suit!

You: satin pants disco clothes

pamperedlinda said:
Be sure DH wears a polyester Leisure Suit!

You: satin pants disco clothes

And BIG hair....Jersey Girl hair! Make sure those bangs are straight up!

I thought the big bangs was the 80's. Wasn't the Farrah Fawcett "wings" the 70's?

ChefBeckyD said:
And BIG hair....Jersey Girl hair! Make sure those bangs are straight up!

Becky - LOL!!~! That was the 80's!! 70's was very similar to today - straight hair - maybe one of those forehead band things! Bell bottom pants and those gross tops that looked like a quilt!! (ha - went to my sisters yearbook pictures!!!)

Take a trip to your city library's yearbook section to see the candids of the kids from that year. That will give you a good idea.

I graduated in 1978, but my memory is shot- I can not remember much,. but I like the idea of disco clothes

We had a Murder Mystery for our wedding; it was SO FUN! You're going to have such a good time :)

You guys ROCK!!!! Thank you Linda and Janet. I am really looking forward to the entire weekend. We live on the grounds of Cedar Lake Ministries (formerly Cedar Lake Bible Conference) and the retreat is here- The best part of this is that I can sleep in my own bed- We have old friends of ours (not old, but we have known them a Long time) joining us for the retreat, and it is going to be a blast!!!!!!

Wow- looking at those sites was like a trip back in time, how did I ever forget the waffle-stompers, mood rings, satin hot pants, etc. I am going to go to the Salvation Army this weekend, and see if I can find a leisure suit and silk shirt for DH, and not quite sure what for me, hopefully a silky dress. Hot Pants are definately out!!!!! (it wouldn't be prudent- not to mention my excess baggage would not make for a good impression)

Last edited:
Have fun! I think my Uncle and Aunt might have worked there for a little bit or spoke there or something along those lines.We have our Women's Retreat October 3-5th and couples retreat October 10-12th. Should be fun!

waffle-stompers
I guess it all depends on the region of the country you grew up in - I graduated in '77 and I dont remember these at all - never heard of them! My senior year we all wore Levis 501's and striped rugby shirts - couples wore matching ones....and Bass Topsiders. Wrap skirts were big and "smock tops" - those loose peasant style tops. I did a double-take in Target yesterday - they have smock tops. Hideous. I'm sure my 17 yr old niece will be the first to buy one and wear it to school!

1. Can you recommend a specific 1978 costume?

We have a variety of 1978-themed costumes available, including disco outfits, Star Wars characters, and iconic movie costumes. Our best-selling 1978 costume is the classic Grease Pink Ladies jacket.

2. Are there any accessories that would complete a 1978 costume?

Absolutely! Some popular accessories for a 1978 costume include platform shoes, aviator sunglasses, disco ball earrings, and a funky wig. We also have a selection of 70s-inspired makeup and temporary tattoos.

3. How do I know what size to order for a 1978 costume?

We have a size chart available on our website that corresponds to the specific 1978 costume you are interested in. We recommend measuring yourself or using your usual clothing size as a guide to find the best fit.

4. Are there any DIY 1978 costume ideas?

Yes, there are plenty of DIY options for a 1978 costume. Some ideas include creating a disco diva outfit with a sparkly top, bell-bottom pants, and lots of glitter. You can also put together a DIY Star Wars costume using basic items like a white t-shirt, brown pants, and a toy lightsaber.

5. Can I return a 1978 costume if it doesn't fit or I don't like it?

Yes, we have a flexible return policy for our 1978 costumes. As long as the costume is in its original condition and within the designated return period, you can exchange it for a different size or receive a refund. Please note that some costumes may have a restocking fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Morvin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • chefliz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
margie.byrd821
  • GourmetGirl