• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Costume Ideas? I Swear This Is on Topic!

In summary, the conversation discusses a community event called "trick or treat street" where businesses can purchase a table for $10 to give out candy to children who pay $1 to participate. Another person shares their success with this event and suggests using it as a way to promote their business. They discuss costume ideas, including a "Chef Queen" or "Queen of the Kitchen" with a recruiting pitch tied in. They also mention the idea of giving out goody bags to parents and potential customers. The conversation also touches on other upcoming events and ways to promote their business at these events.
dwyerkim
Our community does a "trick or treat street" where businesses in the community can purchase a table (a steal at $10) and give out candy, kids pay $1 each to come in and trick or treat. Another DS person told me she did it last year and launched her business, scoring 12 shows from contacts she made that day. There isn't tons of time b/c the kids and parents are trooping by each table pretty rapidly, but there is time to have them fill out a contact form for follow up and/or to do a drawing. As long as no one PC is already there, I'm definitely going to do it for the cost of $10 plus candy. I would love a cute, catchy, slightly-PC related costume to wear, and no, I'm not dressing up like food (unless it is super cute). My friend said she went as a fairy godmother last year and got lots of attention, tons of people wanting photos with her. The only thing princess-like that I can think of (to assuage my inner-diva) would be to go as a bride and tie it in with our bridal registry, but the people coming, parents of young kids, are hardly the wedding registry type. Any ideas? The more princess like and do-it-yourself the better! :D

What if you were the "Chef Queen"? Get a Chef's Hat, and put rhinestones on it, and a chef's jacket, or your apron.......and I would have some kind of "goody bag" for the moms too - something with a recipe card and candy and a coupon of some sort - maybe a "free show" or $10 free product when you book your show.....

The fairy God mother is good... you can help make their dreams come true!

I like the "Queen of the kitchen" idea! And you can even tie it in to a recruiting pitch (with the London trip).

Queen of the kitchen:
wear a gown (duh)
Get a red velvet apron with "ermine" trim
BIG crown or tiara
make a scepter out of a spatula or bamboo spoon

GREAT IDEAS! Keep 'em coming!

I would do the fairy godmother but if my friend is going to do a table, I dont' want to steal her thunder. Queen of the kitchen may work though. I could do a "beauty pageant" style sash that says that so people get it.

My other idea was something tied in with "live your dreams" like wearing pjs and a night cap... not very stylish though!

Love the idea to give a goodie bag to moms! I need to find out how many people to expect though... maybe just a recipe card with my info and a sticker on it that says "book by Nov 15 to receive xyz at your show". My friend said she went through $300 worth of chocolate last year. Now me, I'm cheap, so I'll be giving out dum dums and other penny candy!

dwyerkim said:

I would do the fairy godmother but if my friend is going to do a table, I dont' want to steal her thunder. Queen of the kitchen may work though. I could do a "beauty pageant" style sash that says that so people get it.

My other idea was something tied in with "live your dreams" like wearing pjs and a night cap... not very stylish though!

Love the idea to give a goodie bag to moms! I need to find out how many people to expect though... maybe just a recipe card with my info and a sticker on it that says "book by Nov 15 to receive xyz at your show". My friend said she went through $300 worth of chocolate last year. Now me, I'm cheap, so I'll be giving out dum dums and other penny candy!

Smarties are cheap - and you could have a little sticker that says "Be a Smartie - Book a Party!"

There's a recruiting saying for PayDay bars, too: Wouldn't you like every day to be a pay day?

These ideas are AWESOME! Wish they did this where I live!! I love the goody bag for the moms(& dads).

Not trying to hijack, but that has me thinking about "goody bags/gifts" for the Holiday expo that I am working in Nov. :balloon:

I love the be a smartee book a party! That is so cute! I would put those in the "mommy bag!"

dwyerkim said:

Many not be "stylish", but it might stand out. If you do the "dreams" theme... I would go BIG with it... make it VERY obvious that you have on pjs - not just lounge pants or something. Big fluffy slippers, a long night cap, flannel nightgown or footed jammies and a stuffed teddy bear is the picture I have in my head.

The PJ thing is really cute, and sounds comfy...especially if you are going to be on your feet handing things out.

Here is something that you could use to hand out

I forgot to add something

I put the candy in a Christmas plastic candy bag with a mini catalog

When I make these cards up, I will print on card stock, cut out with paper cutter, fold in half, and then I ink stamp a "Merry Christmas" stamp on the front.

I will hand one to my daughter Lucy right before walking up to a door when trick or treating, and she will then hand it to the person at the door. With the Merry Christmas stamp on them, they give it a second look.

~

Attachments

• Halloween Treat Bags 001.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
LOVE these ideas! The smarties I can afford, and I can stick them to my recipe cards. If I can print those mini addres labels with "be a smartie, book a party, receive xyz free" then that would be do-able. I'd love to do little gift bags but I think this event is HUGE. Talked to a girlfriend today and she tried to take her daughter two years ago, but the line to get in went out the door and around the building (it is in a huge rec center). She said it took them 35 minutes to get out of the parking lot! So, I need to find out a number from the coordinator whom I haven't heard back from yet, then figure on making enough mom/dad goodies to cover all the kids.

Yes, jammies would be way more comfy. I do have these flanel footed pajamas, that would be pretty obvious that I have my jammies on... but they are super hot and in October in CO our weather can go either way... snow or 80s. So it's a risk!

If you end up having mommy/dad goodies leftover you can use them again at Halloween.

Brandi2007 said:
The fairy God mother is good... you can help make their dreams come true!

At Conf. my recruiter dressed as the Fairy Godmother for our ED Banquet and used the mix & chop as her "wand". It was a hoot!

Here is another idea to hand out, you can print this in black and white and on orange card stock

You can change/add whatever you want to give away - I did, I got this off of here last year.

~

Attachments

• Halloween Trick or Treat 001.doc
    124.5 KB · Views: 509
Teresa,
You're a genius! I LOVE:love: the "Merry Christmas" idea!!! and the Halloween goody bag slips are soooo cute!

I know this is a late post but I've been off for a while. Another "costume" idea is the kitchen paramedic. Scrubs are super comfy and you can attach scrapers and other tools to you with big safety pins & twixit clips.

Keep us posted!!

Cute idea! I haven't heard back from the event coordinator yet so I haven't registered for this yet... I was able to get into the bigger event in our community last year so I doubt I'll have a problem getting into this one. Not sure yet which costume idea I'll use. I'll have to see if I can grub a queen's crown from a friend, otherwise pjs or scrubs sound good!

Why hasn't anyone suggested the great outfits from conference? The infamous Hot Pad dress?? Now that's just fun! Not that I'd know how to actually make it. Good luck! Sounds like a GREAT time! I'd just be sad to miss out on Halloween with my daughter.:(

Jules711 said:
Why hasn't anyone suggested the great outfits from conference? The infamous Hot Pad dress?? Now that's just fun! Not that I'd know how to actually make it. Good luck! Sounds like a GREAT time! I'd just be sad to miss out on Halloween with my daughter.:(
It's Oct 27 from 11 to 2 or something like that... so no missing the real Halloween!

The stuff from conference would be a riot... Hmmmmm... Do you think if I email HO they'll lend one of them out? I don't think I could afford to make the hot pad flapper dress at $10 a hot pad (not to mention how hot it would be to wear silicone hot pads all day!)

1. What are some easy and affordable costume ideas?

Some easy and affordable costume ideas include dressing up as a classic movie character or a famous historical figure, creating a DIY costume with items from your closet or thrift store, or using face paint and accessories to transform into a spooky creature.

2. What are some costume ideas for kids?

Some costume ideas for kids include dressing up as their favorite superhero, Disney character, or animal. They can also create a DIY costume with cardboard and art supplies, or dress up as a profession they aspire to be when they grow up.

3. Can you suggest some group costume ideas?

Some fun group costume ideas include dressing up as characters from a popular movie or TV show, coordinating costumes based on a theme (e.g. decades, colors, or food), or dressing up as a group of superheroes.

4. How can I incorporate my pets into my costume idea?

You can incorporate your pets into your costume idea by dressing them up as a sidekick to your costume, using props or accessories that match their breed or personality, or creating a matching costume for you and your pet.

5. What are some unique and creative costume ideas?

Some unique and creative costume ideas include dressing up as a pun or play on words (e.g. a cereal killer or a deviled egg), creating a costume based on a meme or viral internet sensation, or dressing up as a character from a lesser-known book or movie.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef.em
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
caremmel
  • Pedey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • AlowayFamily