• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Festive Desserts Cookbook - Mint Ice Cream Dessert

In summary, Lisa's friend borrowed her cookbook and she needs to make the Mint Ice Cream Cake for an event tomorrow night. She has everything but the ice cream and needs someone to help her.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I've been asked to make the Mint Ice Cream dessert/pie or whatever it's called in the Festive Desserts Cookbook, but I loaned out my cookbook to a friend and she's away until the weekend.

I know it's got the "fake" Girl Scout Thin Mints with something as crust and then again on sides of pan. I don't remember, just going from memory of picture.

Help!! I'm supposed to make this for an event at school tomorrow night for teachers!!

Thanks,

Lisa

Does anyone have this cookbook that would be willing to please post the recipe?? Please. I've got to run to store and get whatever ingredients I don't have and still make this for this evening.

Thanks,

Lisa

Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Cake

Crust:
1 pkg (10 oz) fudge-covered mint cookies (about 40 cookies), divided
2 tbsp butter, melted

Filling:
1 qt mint chocolate chip ice cream
1 qt chocolate ice cream
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1/8 tsp peppermint extract

For crust, place 25 of the cookies in resealable plastic bag; crush into fine crumbs using Baker's Roller. Place crumbs in Small Batter Bowl. Add butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture into bottom of Springform Pan. Place pan in freezer until ready to fill.
Line inside collar of pan with remaining cookies (see Chef's Corner). For filling, place mint chocolate chip ice cream in refrigerator 20 minutes to soften. Scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream onto crust. Carefully spread ice cream evenly over crust using Small Spreader; cover and freeze 1 hour. Place chocolate ice cream in refrigerator 20 minutes before removing cake from freezer; scoop chocolate ice cream over mint ice cream. Carefully spread evenly and return to freezer.
Place cream in chilled Stainless (2-qt.) Mixing Bowl; beat on high speed of electric hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and peppermint extract; continue beating just until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat). Spread cream over chocolate ice cream. Freeze cake until firm, at least 6 hours or overnight.
Yield. 12 servings.

Chef's corner
Stand cookies up against side of pan with rounded sides against the collar. Use the first layer of ice cream to hold the cookies in place.
For easier sering, let cake stand at room temperature 15 minutes or until ice cream is slightly softened. Dip Utility Knife into hot water and wipe dry between cuts.

Paula,
Thanks so much, I have everything buy the ice creams, I couldn't remember what flavors and the amount of cookies, so I bought 2 bags of the Keebler, yummy for my family tonight. Or I should be good and save 2nd bag for making this dessert again.

Thanks again,

Lisa

yum!! Let us know how it turns out!

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Paula,
Thanks so much, I have everything buy the ice creams, I couldn't remember what flavors and the amount of cookies, so I bought 2 bags of the Keebler, yummy for my family tonight. Or I should be good and save 2nd bag for making this dessert again.

Thanks again,

Lisa

No problem... thinking that I might need to make that one! Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite!

Hey,thanks so much, just wanted to update everyone, this is YUMMY!! Not a piece left!!

I had someone actually ask me "Where you'd buy that, I'd love one for the Holidays"!! :eek:

Before I could say anything, two of the others that were there and standing right there, said almost in stereo "I can't believe you ask LISA of all people where she bought a dessert, DUH, she made it!!"

I tried to tell them I could give them the recipe and they could make it, and they were like, "I can't even make Jello" :blushing:,

I said I think even you could manage to smash some cookies, melt some butter, mix, smoosh into bottom of springform pan, put some ice cream in and cookies around the side and top with Cool whip to make it easier. :D

They were so funny, and even more embarassed when another co-worker went by and said "Uh, Lisa it would be safer for all involved if you'd make it and let them pay you for it........safer for all those who have to eat it, that is."

I told them to call me if they really wanted me to make cake for them.

Lisa

:D LOL! Doesn't that make you feel great!

Related to Festive Desserts Cookbook - Mint Ice Cream Dessert

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Mint Ice Cream Dessert?

The Mint Ice Cream Dessert recipe calls for 1 package of chocolate wafer cookies, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 quart of mint chocolate chip ice cream, 1/2 cup hot fudge topping, and 1/2 cup whipped topping.

2. Can I use a different type of ice cream instead of mint chocolate chip?

Yes, you can use any flavor of ice cream that you prefer. However, the mint chocolate chip flavor pairs well with the chocolate wafer cookies and hot fudge topping in this recipe.

3. How long does it take to prepare the Mint Ice Cream Dessert?

The prep time for this recipe is approximately 15 minutes. However, it is recommended to freeze the dessert for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the ice cream to set.

4. Can I make this dessert ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dessert ahead of time. It is best to assemble the dessert and then freeze it until ready to serve. This dessert can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 days.

5. Can I substitute the chocolate wafer cookies for another type of cookie?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie that you prefer for the crust. However, the chocolate wafer cookies provide a nice contrast to the mint ice cream and hot fudge topping in this recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Shannen
  • legacypc46
  • Products and Tips
Replies