• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Guilty After Guilt-Tripping a Host

it just means that the payment is made on behalf of the Host. When you purchase something on someone's order, it goes on their account.
redd3708
Well, for the last three days I have been trying to contact a Host about closing her catalog show by the end of this month, so I can qualify. I left her messages telling her that I'd like to close the show but she can wait 'til July if she wanted the Host Special for that month. Well, she called back this morning and said she wanted to wait 'til July. But my BIG MOUTH said "Awww, I was really hoping for your to close it this month so I can qualify as a Consultant." She said, "Oh, then I will close it this month and help you out." She sounded really bummed becaue she wanted next month's special. I told her "No, no...it's okay....we can wait." But she insisted that she didn't mind, all that while sounding bummed out. I feel like I guilt-tripped her into closing it this month. :( I know I shouldn't have said that...but it slipped. Ugh...me and my big mouth. :eek: She then asked me "Is this a trick for me to book a show in July?" I said "No, not at all!" Well, she laughed and told me she would give me the orders on the 28th.

I feel so bad that I said that.

Hey, it's ok! Can you offer her the special that she wanted for July by ordering it on another Host's order (at 20-30% off) in July, and with your commission, it shouldn't cost you more than a few dollars!

Also, sometimes my host's don't want to pay out of pocket at all, so they don't take advantage of the host special, or the past host that they booked from don't want to buy it either. You can buy it using their name, if so.

jwpamp said:
Hey, it's ok! Can you offer her the special that she wanted for July by ordering it on another Host's order (at 20-30% off) in July, and with your commission, it shouldn't cost you more than a few dollars!

Also, sometimes my host's don't want to pay out of pocket at all, so they don't take advantage of the host special, or the past host that they booked from don't want to buy it either. You can buy it using their name, if so.

How do I do that??? I am still trying to figure things out....so I don't really know how to do it on PP.

You would purchase it under a July hosts name on the hosts order. If that July host gets a 20% discount plus your commission off of it (say 20%) it would be 40% off.

Or if a July host or past host doesn't want the special you could always offer it to this gal and purchase it under the July host's name for her.

Don't forget, she is eligble to buy the host special if someone books in July. Tell her to ask all her friends and family if they want a free Pampered Chef shopping spree. It would help her out and you!

kcjodih said:
You would purchase it under a July hosts name on the hosts order. If that July host gets a 20% discount plus your commission off of it (say 20%) it would be 40% off.

Okay, I just tried to do that to see if it would work...maybe I am not doing it right because PP said that I still needed to pay the Host Special Price. I don't know how to enter it. Am I really that dense??? :eek:

EDIT:
Okay...so when "I" pay....do I do it under "On Account" or "Consultant's Gift?" What does "On Account" mean anyway???

Last edited:
I'm not sure what 'on account' means either:confused: I've used 'consultant gift' before, then it will ask if you want to add the gift as a consultant expense...you'd say yes so it saves it for you for tax time.
Personally, I'd see if she can get someone to book a July show. If not, then wait & see like the others said, chances are someone won't purchase the host special, then you just order it on that host's order. (or past host) I've done that several times to have stuff for prizes & such.

speedychef said:
Don't forget, she is eligble to buy the host special if someone books in July. Tell her to ask all her friends and family if they want a free Pampered Chef shopping spree. It would help her out and you!
That's EXACTLY what I'd suggest to your host. You took the words right out of my mouth. There's still time for her to find bookings before the show closes. Then you all get what you want out of it. Good luck!:D

redd3708 said:
Okay...so when "I" pay....do I do it under "On Account" or "Consultant's Gift?" What does "On Account" mean anyway???

"On Account" means you are paying for it first and then the guest will pay it back later. You can use this for accounting purposes, to help you keep track of who owes you money. I would only do this for a friend, someone I know well!

Related to Feeling Guilty After Guilt-Tripping a Host

1. Why do I feel guilty after guilt-tripping a host?

Guilt-tripping a host can make you feel guilty because it involves using emotional manipulation to get what you want. It can also cause strain on your relationship with the host, leading to feelings of guilt or regret.

2. How can I make amends after guilt-tripping a host?

If you feel guilty about guilt-tripping a host, the best way to make amends is to apologize sincerely and take responsibility for your actions. Offer to make it up to them and try to avoid using guilt-tripping tactics in the future.

3. Is guilt-tripping a host a common tactic in Pampered Chef?

No, guilt-tripping is not a common or acceptable tactic in Pampered Chef. We value genuine relationships and strive to build trust and mutual respect with our hosts and customers.

4. What are some alternative ways to motivate a host without guilt-tripping?

Instead of using guilt-tripping tactics, try to focus on the benefits and rewards of hosting a Pampered Chef party. Offer incentives or rewards for the host, such as free products or discounts, and make them feel appreciated for their support.

5. How can I avoid feeling guilty after guilt-tripping a host in the future?

The best way to avoid feeling guilty about guilt-tripping a host is to avoid using this tactic altogether. Instead, practice open and honest communication with your host and focus on building a genuine relationship. Remember that trust is key in any successful business partnership.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Diamond