• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feel Like My Host Is Ignoring Me!!

In summary, the hostess is sick and out of town, and has not been able to get in touch with the seller. The show is scheduled to end on September 30th, but the seller wants to wait until she gets the money before sending the orders. The seller has contacted the people who ordered, and is letting them know that the show is still waiting for payment.
pamperedbyrd
I have a host that I need to close out her show but I can't get a hold of her. I have her order and everyone else but I don't have the money. I don't have enough to cover it and since its a some what of a high amount that is owed I don't want to send it until I get it. I was out for a few days due to a death in the family and befor that she was sick so she didn't want to talk. Last night I called her and she asked if she could call me back and I said sure. Then 1 hour later nothing so I called her back and left a message. I am going out of town agian this weekend! Her show was the last day in Sept and I still have sent it! I need adivice.

Dannielle

Do you have anyone's money from this show?

If you do, you are allowed by lw to say that I need to close this show and place these orders. "I can not keep anyone's funds more that 30 days it is considered fraud and I can be sued."

That's should get here to respond, of course say this sweetly :p

Wow, is that true, about fraud??

I have a similar situation. The hostess says she mailed me a check, and it never arrived. So then she said she'd mail another one earlier this week. I was dumb and didn't verify that she had the correct address.

In the meantime, I need to get this show submitted! And yes, I have checks from some of her guests.

I don't like to deposit checks until I've submitted the show (or I'm about to). It feels like I'm taking their money without ordering their products. How do other folks handle it??

I deposit the $$ as soon as I get it. Because I've had people bounce checks to me. It takes my bank about 2 weeks to completely clear a check, so I deposit it within a day or so. I also don't want to carry their $$ around with me.

pamperedbyrd said:
I have a host that I need to close out her show but I can't get a hold of her. I have her order and everyone else but I don't have the money. I don't have enough to cover it and since its a some what of a high amount that is owed I don't want to send it until I get it. I was out for a few days due to a death in the family and befor that she was sick so she didn't want to talk. Last night I called her and she asked if she could call me back and I said sure. Then 1 hour later nothing so I called her back and left a message. I am going out of town agian this weekend! Her show was the last day in Sept and I still have sent it! I need adivice.

Dannielle

I received some valuable advice when I first started my business 3 years ago: Don't assume you are the center of your hosts world. Things happen as we know and as you explained. Never assume someone is avoiding you. She might have had an emergency or maybe she just fell asleep! I have learned to always think on the postive in this business. I know it can be hard dealing with people like this. It makes you want to yell "what's wrong with you?" But of course, we can't! So we bite our tongues and be as cordial as we can.

HOWEVER, end of September? You realize it is too late for the September specials I hope. You would have had to submit those by October 31. And, that does seem ridiculous. I would suggest as the others did, contact her and use the "fraud" issue. This usally gets their attention. I would also call all of the people who placed an order and let them know that you are still waiting on payment for the show. This will help you with future relations with these customers.

And I NEVER NEVER submit a show without payment. I submitted a $500 show when I first started because I was going for a SS and I needed this in before the end of the month. Well, I NEVER received payment, and I NEVER got the products back! Talk about an expensive lesson! So my advice is to never submit a show without having payment in full.

1. Why does it feel like my host is ignoring me during my party?

It might feel like your host is ignoring you during the party because they are busy managing the event and attending to other guests. They want to make sure everyone is having a good time and might not be able to give you their full attention at all times. However, your host is still there to support you and answer any questions you have.

2. Should I take it personally if my host is not interacting with me during the party?

No, you should not take it personally. As mentioned before, your host is likely busy managing the event and making sure all guests are having a good time. It is not a reflection of how they feel about you personally.

3. How can I get my host's attention during the party?

If you have a question or need assistance from your host, try raising your hand or politely asking for their attention. They will likely be more than happy to help you with anything you need.

4. Is it okay to talk to other guests if I feel like my host is ignoring me?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to talk to other guests during the party. In fact, it is encouraged as it creates a fun and engaging atmosphere. Your host wants everyone to have a good time and interact with each other.

5. What should I do if I feel like my host is ignoring me even after the party?

If you feel like your host is ignoring you even after the party, you can reach out to them directly and express your concerns. They may have been busy with other obligations or may not have realized they were not giving you enough attention. Open and honest communication is key in resolving any issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
SherryLynn
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • lkhartmann