• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fedex Delivered at 10:47PM - Too Late or Just in Time?

the purchase, the shipping, the tracking, the waiting...and it was gone within minutes.I think that Fed Ex is responsible if someone steals the package, but I don't know if the company would do anything about it.
sillylittlechef
okay, I was totally bummed last night because I had been waiting for my supplies and it didn't come (tracking said on truck for delivery) This morning I go back to check the delivery status and it shows delivered to front door 10:47pm! What!!!!! who expects a delivery that late... We had a ton of snow yesterday and multi car piles up on the roads and so I just was expecting it to be delivered today due to the conditions. I'm not sure how I feel about my packages being delivered after I go to bed, and it was still snowing so the box wascovered and all wet! (inside contents were fine) hmmmm....not sure if I'm complaining or just really shocked that they stay out that late to deliver. I guess that is a good thing, right? What do you all think?

Wow! I'm shocked as well but what a dedicated driver! Maybe he was in that pile-up and wanted to make sure that package got to you! I think its a great thing. NOw I would be mad if I bought a laptop and it was delivered to my door after I went to bed!!:eek:

The FedEx website says that they will deliver until 8pm.... I think I would make HO aware, not complaining....just a concern of yours. I was supposed to get a shipment on a Sat, and I was away for the weekend...so I called FedEx asking to have it left in my shed, away from the snow...well he didn't leave it! The tracking info said that the business was closed. It was my house, not a business.... and I didn't say anything then, but I probably should have.

I think it is good they stay out that late, but I do not want deliveries that late. We have dogs in our neighborhood that could chew the packages it left on my porch. And if I was asleep I would not want to be woke up. If I had somewhere safe to leave the packages it would be different. I definitely do think they should leave it out in the snow!

That is just way too late to be wandering around my yard and up near my front door. I think that they should stick to the 8pm and if something doesn't get delivered, make it a priority the next day. I would make sure HO was aware that FedEx was delivering that late.

I actually like Fedex better than UPS for delivery times! Our UPS truck would come around 5-6 pm, but Fedex comes around 1-2 pm. I even had to cancel on a customer who had ordered something from my catalog show before Christmas, because UPS didn't come until almost 8! Now, almost 11pm is excessive, so I agree that they should call it a day at some point, and start early the next morning.

Did you get your supplies?Sheesh. You guys would complain if they hung you with an new rope.:D

I'm sure the delivery person was just trying to get everything delivered even in the bad weather. I wouldn't mind, but then again I have a front porch and I'm usually up later than that anyway. I think it was nice of him/her to do it even though it probably wasn't required.

I won't call HO about it or anything, I think it is good that they are that dedicated and they have prolly been inundated with calls and complaints from consultants so maybe they have been really trying to make deliveries on time, but 1. delivering until 10:47pm is above and beyond and 2. If I had seen him walk past my window I would prolly would have called 911 before realizing it was the delivery guy.
Thnks for all your input! I am glad he delivered it last night and I didn't have to wait on the edge of my seat all day today waiting.

My Fed Ex shows up before 11:00 usually and UPS didn't get here until 6:00 some days.

My only complaint...I don't hear their trucks rumble down my street and they don't knock or ring my doorbell so I don't realize my packages have been delivered.

Anytime it has been snowy or rainy my packages have been placed in a clear plastic bag for protection :D

FedexI actually had a package scheduled for Saturday and when I came from church on Sunday there my boxes were at my front door.

I was wondering, not that this has ever happened but is Fed Ex responsible if someone steals my boxes?

I did have someone steal my birthday gift right out of my husband's work truck in Sept. He was so mad and sad. He went through all the trouble of buying me a nice kitchenaid blender for $120 to match my kitchenaid mixer. And someone stole it right from his work truck overnight. He hid it there for about a week before it happened so I wouldn't find the huge box.

Unfortunately his windows come down just enough for someone to push down and unlock the doors to take my gift. I think we know who it was, some neighbors across the street who left about two days after that. They never payed their mortgage, according to the owner I spoke to, I saw the eviction notice on the front door. He gave me cash and I bought PC stuff with it instead of the blender.

But I was just curious if I came home and saw nothing but was told on my PC that they were delivered, who's responsible. Do I just lose out? Are they insured?
I kind of liked having my boxes delivered on Sunday, I used to have to wait from Friday to Monday. It's convenient for me.

Debbie :D

Related to Fedex Delivered at 10:47PM - Too Late or Just in Time?

1. What is the latest time that Fedex delivers packages?

Fedex typically delivers packages between 9:00am and 8:00pm, but in some cases, deliveries may be made as late as 10:00pm.

2. Why was my package delivered at 10:47pm?

There are a few possible reasons for this. It could be that your package was delayed due to weather or unforeseen circumstances, or it could be that the delivery driver had a heavier workload and needed to make deliveries later in the evening.

3. Will my package be delivered at the same time tomorrow?

Fedex does not have a guaranteed delivery time, so your package may be delivered at a different time tomorrow. However, it is most likely that it will be delivered during their standard delivery hours of 9:00am-8:00pm.

4. Can I request a specific delivery time?

Unfortunately, Fedex does not offer the option to request a specific delivery time. However, you can sign up for Fedex Delivery Manager, which allows you to customize your delivery preferences and receive notifications about your package.

5. Is it normal for Fedex to deliver packages late at night?

It is not common, but it is possible for Fedex to make deliveries later in the evening. This may happen during peak shipping seasons or if there are delays in the delivery process. Rest assured, your package will still be delivered to you as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MissChef
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views