• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Tornados Affect FedEx Deliveries in Winston Salem Last Night?

In summary, there were several tornadoes in the area last night, with reported damages and power outages. Some members on a discussion board expressed concern for those affected and shared their personal experiences with tornadoes. The conversation also touched on the damage to a FedEx hub and the death of a person from a "Smart Car" being thrown off the highway. The likelihood of more severe weather on Mother's Day was mentioned, but the day was also wished to be a good one for all the mothers out there. The conversation also included a search for a long-lost friend, with suggestions on how to find her.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
We had several tornadoes in the area last night. I hope everyone in the tornado areas are well and that they don't have damages to deal with. Not sure who all this affects on this board - amanda (ragschef)...

Just heard on the news that FedEx trucks and planes were tipped/moved around! :eek: Sure hope they didn't have PC products on them!

The boxes that I expect to be delivered today say they are on the truck for delivery today thankfully!

Hope they're all okay! I hate tornado season......we didn't have any here last night, just strong severe thunderstorms. On the tv it said south of here they had "removed roofs" and "a barn has blown across the road!".

lacychef said:
Hope they're all okay! I hate tornado season......we didn't have any here last night, just strong severe thunderstorms. On the tv it said south of here they had "removed roofs" and "a barn has blown across the road!".

Lacey, my Step-son and his wife live in Manhattan, KS...I told Joshua he traded the hurricanes from the south for the tornado's of the midwest.

Hope everyone made it through last night!

I really don't like tornados! I went through one as a small child & now I'm scared anytime the wind starts blowing or even threatens of a tornado.

I was almost 4, my mom was pregnant with my brother. We tried to get to the basement, but didn't make it. I remember her pushing me into an interior corner & crouching over me. Luckily, we didn't have any damage, but the house sure did move. It went down our street & took out the house across from us & next to us & also a huge oak tree from our front yard. I think the roof over the porch blew off of our house. It was so scary!

I hope everyone is well!!

I believe Amanda lives in the Thomasville area, and I think the major damage happened around the PTI Airport, and the Farmers Market, which would be about 45 minutes from Thomasville. There was also some damage in Clemmons. I know there is someone on this board from Hickory, but not sure how close that is. I live in McLeansville (between Burlington and Greensboro) and only had some thunder and lightning. My nieghbor works near the Farmers Market, and had no work today, because power lines were snapped, so they had no power, and the roads were all blocked off.

Here is hoping everyone else came through with little or no damage.

I'm okay. I went into work today (N. High Point) and all of 68 was closed up to the airport and parts of I-40 and 85. There was one confirmed death and 4 in the hospital from the tornadoes. Asheboro got hit pretty hard too with 2" balls of hail. My sister's brand new house was damaged and her car got a crack in the windshield. Other than that, we're fine here. The FedEx hub isn't so well though. Two of their planes were completely totaled and 4 trucks were damaged. Also a 747 at the airport was turned to a wing and severely damaged. There were several 18 wheelers that were turned over ont he interstates, whihc is where one of the critical conditions came from. The death was from a "Smart Car" been thrown off the highway in Greensboro. These cars are just way too small for anything to hapen to them. Great idea, but they still need some major improvements before I'll get in one.

We are expected to have a repeat on Sunday. Happy Mother's Day...

On a good note, tomorrow is supposed to be pretty for whatever early plans moms may have. Happy Mother's Day to every mother out there! :)

Wow, I missed this one the news. Glad you are okay!

I had a good friend a long, long.... time ago live in Winston/Salem. Her name was Renee Foreman - just in case anyone here knows her! I lost track of her. I have never moved (my parents), but she did.

I know some Foremans, but I think that's her married name and I think her name is Rhonda. I guess that really doesn't help you, huh? Have you ever thought about doing something like whitepages.com or using the internet to look her up? I looked up an old friend a few years ago that had moved out to Wisconsin years ago and I'm glad I did. It's worth it if you want to get in touch with her again...

Bren706 said:
I believe Amanda lives in the Thomasville area, and I think the major damage happened around the PTI Airport, and the Farmers Market, which would be about 45 minutes from Thomasville. There was also some damage in Clemmons. I know there is someone on this board from Hickory, but not sure how close that is. I live in McLeansville (between Burlington and Greensboro) and only had some thunder and lightning. My nieghbor works near the Farmers Market, and had no work today, because power lines were snapped, so they had no power, and the roads were all blocked off.

Here is hoping everyone else came through with little or no damage.

I'm in Hickory. We didn't have anything last night, but there were 2 funnels spotted about 3 miles from my house on Thursday night, luckily they didn't touch down. This is the most tornado activity we've had around here in a while and I don't like it! I don't know how you all in the Mid West do it!:eek:

ragschef said:
I know some Foremans, but I think that's her married name and I think her name is Rhonda. I guess that really doesn't help you, huh? Have you ever thought about doing something like whitepages.com or using the internet to look her up? I looked up an old friend a few years ago that had moved out to Wisconsin years ago and I'm glad I did. It's worth it if you want to get in touch with her again...

Yes, I've tried on the internet - no luck. My guess is she is married now, and I don't know her married name.:eek: !

Sorry for the hi-jack, but Rhonda, have you tried Classmates.com or Reunion.com. I have found some of my classmates married names from those sites in my recent search for our upcoming high school reunion.

I'm on classmates.com, but she and I went to grade school together, not high school. I searched her name for the year she would have graduated, but nothing came up. Remembering back I think she graduated early and was planning on getting married. I did try to contact her sister way back about 20 years ago, but she never returned my call. I had gotten her name from neighbors of my parents, they were grandparents to her kids (their son married my friends sister). Anway, they have since moved away from my parents and I don't know where they are today.

I've also searched the internet w/her birthday since I rememeber the date/year - still no luck. I'm hoping she didn't pass away and I never knew about it. My parents have never moved away so if she wanted to contact me she could.

We were very good friends. I even gave my oldest daughter her name for her middle name. It's really sad I haven't found her.

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
crystalscookingnow said:
I really don't like tornados! I went through one as a small child & now I'm scared anytime the wind starts blowing or even threatens of a tornado.

I was almost 4, my mom was pregnant with my brother. We tried to get to the basement, but didn't make it. I remember her pushing me into an interior corner & crouching over me. Luckily, we didn't have any damage, but the house sure did move. It went down our street & took out the house across from us & next to us & also a huge oak tree from our front yard. I think the roof over the porch blew off of our house. It was so scary!

I hope everyone is well!!

Not a fan of tornadoes here either. I was 10 years old when my family went through a tornado. My mother, father, younger brother and I all ended up in the hospital with various injuries(some pretty severe like my mother having a 6 inch piece of flesh cut out of her hip). It took me years to get to the point that I don't freeze up during bad weather.

We had some rough weather last night but the worst of it skirted around us.

It wa scary here last night! Dh put both our trucks in the garage and thank goodness he did! We got the WHOLE storm....wind, wet and HAIL! I know a tornado touched down in Maysville...between Cindy and I. I have gone through more Category 5 Typhoons then I care to count and was rarely scared. But last night was intimidating to say the least............

1. What caused the recent tornado in Winston Salem?

The recent tornado in Winston Salem was caused by a severe thunderstorm that produced strong winds and rotation in the atmosphere.

2. Was there any significant damage from the tornado?

Yes, there was significant damage to buildings, trees, and power lines in the affected areas. Some homes and businesses also sustained damage.

3. How can I stay safe during a tornado in Winston Salem?

The best way to stay safe during a tornado in Winston Salem is to seek shelter in a sturdy building, preferably in a basement or interior room on the lowest level. Avoid windows and exterior walls.

4. Is there a tornado warning system in place in Winston Salem?

Yes, there is a tornado warning system in place in Winston Salem. When a tornado warning is issued, sirens will sound and emergency alerts will be sent to local media outlets.

5. How can I help those affected by the tornado in Winston Salem?

You can help those affected by the tornado in Winston Salem by donating to local relief organizations or volunteering your time to assist with clean-up and recovery efforts. You can also offer support and assistance to friends and neighbors who may have been affected.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • sillylittlechef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy