• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Covered Baker Recipes??

In summary, Jessica has tried the chicken recipe that comes on the product use card, and it was fantastic! She also recommends the Pork Tenderloin, which is in the new SB. Debbie has a recipe for Baked Beef Stew that she recommends. The high today is going to be 64 degrees, so Jessica plans to try the recipe tomorrow.
jchesley
It is finally cool enough to turn the oven back on, well at least this week. What are some of your favorite recipes to make in the deep covered baker? I have tried the chicken recipe that comes on the product use card, and it was fantastic!

Jessica

I have used it to do Baked Beef Stew - very good! also very good for a big pot of baked beans! the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding from last fall/winter SB can be done in the oven and I LOVE that!

soem recipes for Deep Covered BakerHere are some recipes I have for the baker. (I may have gotten it from here) I send this to all of my custoemrs who purchase the baker.

Attachments

• CranberryDeepCoveredBakerRecipes.doc
    32 KB · Views: 664
what about Microwave recipes? I love that you can throw it in the microwave and cook things for less time!!
I know the Pork Tenderloin, but what about anything else?

I have a recipe that I make iin that is not a PC recipe .... I put country ribs in the deep dish baker lathered in BBQ sauce in the oven at 200 degrees at 9am and let them simmer all day long.... the meat falls off the bone and it is soooo yummie!!!!!!!!

Here's a question for all of you... if it weren't for that little knob on the lid, I could get the baker into my microwave. I've done the 30 minute chicken without a problem because you don't need the lid, but I want to make the pork recipes. Do you think I could use press 'n seal in place of the lid?

There were some old recipes floating around some of the loops (pre-CS) for the DDB/Baking Bowl combo or the Rectangular Baker/Lid combo that would work in the DCB. Plus the old Stoneware Sensations cookbooks had recipes for stew and chili that would probably work, too, although you'd probably have to play with the quantities to get them to fit.

finley1991 said:
Here's a question for all of you... if it weren't for that little knob on the lid, I could get the baker into my microwave. I've done the 30 minute chicken without a problem because you don't need the lid, but I want to make the pork recipes. Do you think I could use press 'n seal in place of the lid?
Probably. It's worth a shot. But I'd use "regular" plastic wrap, just because I'd be afraid of what the glue would do when it got hot.

Barbecue Pork Tenderloin
jchesley said:
It is finally cool enough to turn the oven back on, well at least this week. What are some of your favorite recipes to make in the deep covered baker? I have tried the chicken recipe that comes on the product use card, and it was fantastic!

Jessica

This sounds good!!! I will be trying this one really soon.
Barbecue Pork Tenderloin, it's in the new SB.

Debbie :D

ChefBeckyD said:
I have used it to do Baked Beef Stew - very good! also very good for a big pot of baked beans! the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding from last fall/winter SB can be done in the oven and I LOVE that!

How do you make your beef stew? I usally make mine in the crock pot, but I think I might try it tomorrow in my covered baker. My sister will be in town and it is going to be in town and the high is only going to be 64 degrees! Sounds like a good day for comfort food. Oh and maybe the chocolate mocha cake in SB. :)

Jessica

Baked Beef StewBAKED BEEF STEW

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 cup water
* 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 2 pounds lean beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
* 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
* 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
* 2 celery ribs, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
* 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
* 1 slice bread, cubed

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, water, tapioca, sugar, salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375 degrees F for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Serve in bowls.

Jessica,

Where are you from? I am in Michigan, and the high today is going to be 64 too - I was thinking of a big pot of Chicken Chili!

I am in Iowa. We just moved back here after being in Florida for 7 years. BRRRR! It was in the 40's overnight last night.

Jessica

Thanks for the recipe. :)

I just got my DCB last week and the first--and only, so far--recipe I tried was the micro Quick Turkey Chili and it is definitely a keeper....ou can call it my favorite!! I plan on doing this recipe for the rest of September, and probably throughout the Fall and Winter.

chefann said:
Probably. It's worth a shot. But I'd use "regular" plastic wrap, just because I'd be afraid of what the glue would do when it got hot.
You-hoo! :balloon: I can help with this! I introduced Press 'n Seal to my area as part of a marketing gig I had!!! The worst thing that could happen--and that's a big maybe--is that you'd be left with a bit of sticky residue on the outside of the baker. But that does come off with some elbow effort and soap! What I will tell you is that prolonged moisture from the steam can weaken the "sealing" properties. So that after maybe 10 minutes of the strong steam working at it, you'd have leakage. KWIM? In other words, I think you need something stronger than Press 'n Seal to cook with the DCB.But if you still want to try it--I don't mind being corrected!!!!

I love using the DCB for scalloped potatoes and beef stew in the microwave. I just had to play with the time and liquid amounts to get it just right. (My first stab at the stew yielded dry meat that was a bit tough but was still tasty enough for me to eat it anyway!!!).

PC_CPR said:
You-hoo! :balloon: I can help with this! I introduced Press 'n Seal to my area as part of a marketing gig I had!!! The worst thing that could happen--and that's a big maybe--is that you'd be left with a bit of sticky residue on the outside of the baker. But that does come off with some elbow effort and soap! What I will tell you is that prolonged moisture from the steam can weaken the "sealing" properties. So that after maybe 10 minutes of the strong steam working at it, you'd have leakage. KWIM? In other words, I think you need something stronger than Press 'n Seal to cook with the DCB.

But if you still want to try it--I don't mind being corrected!!!!
Thanks, Cath. I've had terrible luck with the glue from Press n Seal NOT coming off things, which is why I didn't recommend it. I'd hate to use it and end up with nasty sticky gunk on my stone. But that's cool to "know" someone who had something to do with it! :)

When it was first introduced, Glad knew people needed a little education on the product before use in order to use it properly. They hired folks like me across the country to introduce it at group events. I gave away TONS of Press 'n Seal! Remember "don't squeeze the Press 'n Seal" (or you'll stick the roll to itself!).Okay, back to regularly scheduled programming here....

PC_CPR said:
I love using the DCB for scalloped potatoes and beef stew in the microwave. I just had to play with the time and liquid amounts to get it just right. (My first stab at the stew yielded dry meat that was a bit tough but was still tasty enough for me to eat it anyway!!!).
Would you share your recipes??? :)

Jennifer, I would but I'm one of those "use what you got in stock" cooks that makes it up along the way. I basically modified the stew recipe that's in the list of recipes for DCB. For the scalloped potatoes, I used traditional recipes out there--you just gotta make sure you have enough liquid. Sorry!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I have a recipe that I make iin that is not a PC recipe .... I put country ribs in the deep dish baker lathered in BBQ sauce in the oven at 200 degrees at 9am and let them simmer all day long.... the meat falls off the bone and it is soooo yummie!!!!!!!!

I just did something similar today and my family loved it. I put mine in a 250 oven for 6-7 hours, then cover them with BBQ sauce and bake for 30 more minutes. The meat fell off the bones and was so good. Got this recipe from a lady in McDonald's. I believe it is the only way to cook ribs!!!

I'm abrand new consultant who just passed my 30 day aniversary. I'm looking for the Smashed Potato Soup and any other soups you might have. Can you helpwith some recipes? Thanks!!:confused:

the fajitas in 15 mins are fantastic!!!!!!

mmoran4pc said:
the fajitas in 15 mins are fantastic!!!!!!

Ditto!!! I've already made them several times! Brought the leftovers to work the next day!!! I was very popular that day! :D

I really liked the BBQ chicken sandwiches. So easy and delicious too.

is the stew in the dcb file? I will have to check

What if you turned the lid upside down and cooked it that way in the microwave? Would that work? I thought I read somewhere that someone did that...

As for potato soup recipe it's on CC under Season's Best for F/W 09

I love this recipe, have yet to do any dinner recipes in it. Probably this week though

Quick Apple Crisp
5 Granny Smith apples
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half. Place apples in Deep Dish Baker. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in bowl. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.

CAPCnewbie said:
I really liked the BBQ chicken sandwiches. So easy and delicious too.

I can't find this recipe! :cry:can anyone help me?

I found it on here for you!

Smoky BBQ Chicken Sandwhiches & BBQ SAUCE
1 1/2 lbs Boneless Skinless chicken breast
2 teaspoons Garlic Oil
1 1/2 tbs of Smoky BBQ Rub
24 Soft Dinner Rolls

Place Chicken in Deep Covered Baker. Brush with Garlic Oil. Sprinkle with BBQ Rub. Place in Microwave 13-14 minutes. Remove and Chop chicken with Salad Chopper.

BBQ SAUCE - 1 cup Ketchup
2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup of Light Brown Sugar
2 Tbs Smoky BBQ RUB

Add vinegar to Small Micro Cooker, ketchup, sugar, and rub. Stir with Nylon Mix n Masher. Microwave 2 minutes. Stir and serve or stir into chopped chicken.

To make more sauce just double ingredients.

1. What are some of your favorite recipes to make in the deep covered baker?

Some of my favorite recipes to make in the deep covered baker include roasted vegetables, casseroles, and baked chicken dishes. I also love making desserts like cobblers and bread pudding in the deep covered baker.

2. Can you share a recipe for a delicious dish in the deep covered baker?

Sure! One of my go-to recipes is a chicken and vegetable casserole. Simply layer sliced vegetables like carrots, zucchini, and bell peppers in the bottom of the baker, then place chicken breasts on top. Pour a mixture of cream of chicken soup, milk, and your choice of seasonings over the top and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

3. Are there any vegetarian options for cooking in the deep covered baker?

Absolutely! You can make a delicious vegetarian lasagna by layering cooked lasagna noodles, marinara sauce, and a mixture of your favorite vegetables like mushrooms, spinach, and eggplant in the deep covered baker. Top with shredded cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

4. How can I adapt recipes to fit in the deep covered baker?

Most recipes can easily be adapted to fit in the deep covered baker. Just make sure that the dish is not overflowing and that the lid can still fit securely. You may also need to adjust the cooking time as the deep covered baker tends to cook food faster than traditional baking dishes.

5. Can I use the deep covered baker for baking bread or other baked goods?

Yes, you can definitely use the deep covered baker for baking bread or other baked goods. Just make sure to follow the recipe and adjust the cooking time as needed. The deep covered baker is great for making moist and tender breads and cakes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Jenni
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies