1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Farmers Market

1. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

Some of you who have more experience. I was considering doing a booth at a Farmer's Market. My only hesitation is that they say you have to be there every week 2 absences and you're out. My problem is that the week of conference #2 will come at the same time. I would really love to go since I'm brand new and would really like the jump start. I have the option of signing up by section and I was considering signing up for the last 2 sections and not the 1st because of conference. Any suggestions. By passing up the 1st section(5 weeks) do I risk losing a lot? Also any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement this site has provided so far.

Mar 16, 2009
  2. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I think any amount of time you get to go is worth it. And even if you sign up for all of them you are only planning to miss the week of conference. Do you have a cluster mate who isn't planning to attend conference that could substitute in for you that week?

I did a farmers market with my hospitality director last year. She simply made salsa there at the table and used the fresh ingredients from the farmers market. Salsa shows a lot of stuff and with a big bag of chips can offer samples to a lot of people. Just a thought.

Mar 17, 2009
  3. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

My director lives in a nearby city that has a farmer's market. She lets us take turns every Saturday. It is also a "commitment requirement" but because it is split up among us it is always covered. Not all of us are going to conference so it will be covered.

If you need more information about what I do there I would be happy to help.

Mar 17, 2009
  4. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

Thanks for all the support. I went ahead and did the full season and signed up for a couple of freebie days that they throw in for the full season vendors. Wish me luck this is my first one. I'll let you know if I get accepted.

With the salsa did you have to have a food handler's license? They are pretty strict so I was thinking of just doing a demo using the food chopper, garlic peeler, garlic slicer, and garlic press.

Thank you sooo much for all the tips and encouragement! You all have been awesome.

Judy

Mar 17, 2009
  5. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

Just thought I'd let ya all know that I got accepted to be a vendor at the Farmer's Market. I'm pretty excited and scared. Excited because it will be for 15 weeks plus for the full season vendors they throw in Octoberfest and one extra event for free. Right now even though things are slow I'm just trying to get my name out there plus I think this will be good experience for me. It doesn't start until June so I will have some time to prepare. Thanks for all the support. Judy

Mar 31, 2009
  6. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

Good Luck!!!

Mar 31, 2009
  7. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Get someone to cover for you - spouse, friend, consider hiring a temp?!

Apr 1, 2009
Have something to add?