• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

FAQ: Microwave Cake in a Batter Bowl Without a Fluted Pan

In summary, a microwave cake is a quick and easy way to satisfy a sweet craving without using traditional baking methods. To make a microwave cake, you will need a microwave-safe mug or dish, cake mix, and any additional ingredients. Any type of cake mix can be used, but it's important to follow the package instructions for the best results. The time it takes to make a microwave cake varies, but most take 1-2 minutes to cook. It is also possible to make a microwave cake in a regular oven, but the cooking time will be longer.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
I don't own a Fluted Pan.
Can i use a batter bowl instead?
I am going to try it tonight, but I have a show Saturday I need to make one for.
Also, can you put the frosting on the bottom of the bowl & then microwave?

Hey Melissa, I haven't done it in the batter bowl, but the deep dish baker works. BTW I was going to look in to sending something to Robin, and I was going to call you guys down there to see if you would like to join me.

You can use the rice cooker too.

BethCooks4U said:
You can use the rice cooker too.
I only have the micro cookers, no rice cooker :(

Well you can use the batter bowl too. I haven't done it in the micorwave but I have heard that others do. Try it at home first.

That's what I was wondering about in my first post.

Chozengirl said:
That's what I was wondering about in my first post.
I know but we were being creative.:rolleyes:

Related to FAQ: Microwave Cake in a Batter Bowl Without a Fluted Pan

What is a microwave cake?

A microwave cake is a type of cake that is prepared and cooked in a microwave, rather than in an oven. It is a quick and easy way to satisfy a sweet craving without having to use traditional baking methods.

How do I make a microwave cake?

To make a microwave cake, you will need a microwave-safe mug or dish, cake mix, and any additional ingredients such as water, oil, or eggs. Simply mix the cake batter according to the package instructions, pour it into the mug or dish, and microwave for the recommended amount of time. Let it cool before enjoying!

Can I use any type of cake mix for a microwave cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for a microwave cake. However, keep in mind that some cake mixes may require different cooking times or additional ingredients. It's always best to follow the instructions on the cake mix package for the best results.

How long does it take to make a microwave cake?

The time it takes to make a microwave cake will vary depending on the type of cake mix and the wattage of your microwave. In general, most microwave cakes take anywhere from 1-2 minutes to cook. It's important to monitor the cake while it is cooking to prevent it from overcooking or burning.

Can I make a microwave cake in a regular oven?

Yes, you can make a microwave cake in a regular oven. Simply follow the instructions for making a traditional cake on the cake mix package and use an oven-safe dish to bake the cake. Keep in mind that the cooking time may be longer in an oven compared to a microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lindseystar
Replies
Views
cochef
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci