• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Family Skillet Troubleshooting: Why is the Oil Going to the Side of the Pan?

Its just so interesting to me to hear all the different info that everyone has... please forgive me if that wasn't phrased very well....The professional pans do not have flat bottoms and are not supposed to!
ChefJeniLobdell
I have a customer who purchased the family skillet. She returned it to me complaining that when she pours oil into the pan and uses it to fry the oil goes to the side of the pan.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? If so, why does it happen?

I am not quite sure what to tell her.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jeni

She needs to heat the pan first. All pans (except our executive) have concave bottoms that flatten when heated.

This sounds silly but if its only going to one side of the pan I'm guessing her stove or cooktop isn't level. Mine does the same thing.

Turn the skillet over, and place a steel ruler across the mid point of the center of the pan. See if it sets in contact with the entire 10 or 12" of the bottom of the pan's surface. I have a glass top stove, and that is very import to the success of what I am preparing. Last week, I was wondering about my Professional Family Skillet and my husband came up with his Engineer's steel ruler and guage. Well, by the time we finished, I had taken
out all my PC Cookware to check on whether the pan bottom was FLAT, as we advertise.

Several are being replaced. I have three items that I have not even used yet but have had them past the 30 days, so it will be my expense on the return shipping. However, when I am showing our products, I don't want
anyone to spot those flaws that to someone with an untrained eye, might be
just fine.

Concave? I feel kind of silly, but not quite sure what this means. Should she heat the pan up and then add the oil?

The oil is running to the outside of the pan, not staying across the entire bottom of the pan when being used.

The professional pans do not have flat bottoms and are not supposed to!

If the oil is running to one side, my guess is her stove is not level (mine isn't).

The oil isn't running to one side. It is running to the outside of the pan and leaving the middle with no oil.

Defective pan
ChefJeniLobdell said:
The oil isn't running to one side. It is running to the outside of the pan and leaving the middle with no oil.

Maybe she has a defective pan. It could be that this pan has something wrong with it. Is she getting a replacement or a refund?

Debbie :D

She sent the pan with a friend to a show I was doing. Unfortunately I have the pan now.

ChefJeniLobdell said:

So the oil is in a big circle on the outside of the pan?

She needs to preheat her pan, then. The bottoms are not flat until they are heated.

Thanks so much for your help. I will try it with her pan before I give it back. Then I will return it to her and tell her to preheat it.

ChefJeniLobdell said:
Thanks so much for your help. I will try it with her pan before I give it back. Then I will return it to her and tell her to preheat it.

Jeni,
Where in Florida are you?

Naples, Florida.

Did you try preheating the pan yet, and then adding the oil? Hoping that will "fix" the problem!

There's no real need to preheat the pan. If she puts the oil in, then heats it, the pan should flatten out just fine.

That said, I have an aunt whose pan was warped. It did not flatten as it heated. HO replaced it.

Haven't had a chance yet. Today has been CRAZY!

I plan on trying it this weekend with my skillet and hers and comparing the two.

Thanks.

I did an adjustment for someone a couple months ago on the professional 12" pan. It WAS totally flat when she bought it, she has a glass top cookstove, and with use... the bottom raised and it never flattened out when preheated. I called HO and they had no problem replacing it and told me the bottom should be flat. Now I'm curious with the info here that says they aren't flat. Is that in the PIG information?

That question is in not way intended to be snotty... althought it could read that way now as I look at it... Its just so interesting to me to hear all the different info that everyone has... please forgive me if that wasn't phrased very well....

quiverfull7 said:
That question is in not way intended to be snotty... althought it could read that way now as I look at it... Its just so interesting to me to hear all the different info that everyone has... please forgive me if that wasn't phrased very well....
Didn't sound snotty at all! Sounded like you wanted to know what we are supposed to tell our customers! :)

1. What is the size of the Professional Family Skillet?

The Professional Family Skillet has a diameter of 12 inches, making it suitable for cooking large meals for a family or a group.

2. Is the Professional Family Skillet oven-safe?

Yes, the Professional Family Skillet is oven-safe up to 400°F, making it perfect for finishing dishes in the oven or keeping them warm.

3. How is the Professional Family Skillet different from regular skillets?

The Professional Family Skillet is made with a heavy-duty construction that ensures even heat distribution and durability. It also has a non-stick surface for easy release and cleanup.

4. Can the Professional Family Skillet be used on all cooktops?

Yes, the Professional Family Skillet is compatible with all cooktops, including gas, electric, and induction.

5. Does the Professional Family Skillet come with a lid?

No, the Professional Family Skillet does not come with a lid. However, it is compatible with the Pampered Chef Glass Lid, which can be purchased separately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cgreen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • GeorgiaPeach
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
GeorgiaPeach
Replies