• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fall Kick Off Tips and Ideas for a Last Minute Neighborhood Party!

In summary, Ok i am planning (a last minute) Fall Kick off, so I will have another show in september, and to try to get some neighbors involved. I am going to go door to door and invite them. If it were me because I hate being pressed for time, I would go for the later date and work on bettering my flyer (kinda particular)!
feather18
Ok i am planning ( a last minute) Fall Kick off, so I will have another show in september, and to try to get some neighbors involved. I am going to go door to door and invite them. OK here is where I need help... Should I have it on the 8th, and hand them out today... or wait and hand them out next week.. and have it on the 22nd?? Pretty much my question is.. if I have a party next weekend is that too short of notice... or will they forget if i have it later in the month?? Let me know what you think.. and if you have any great flyer ideas!! I found one with Fall Kick off, and I like it.. but if you have more cool!!
Thanks!! :D

Okay, I'm just going to tell you what I'm doing. I have learned that with too much notice people forget. I am going door to door tonight for my fall kick-off and it is scheduled for Sunday the 2nd.

I used to do it 2 weeks out and no response. I tried 1 week out...same thing. So I'll do just a few days out. I'm going to carry a clipboard so people can give me their names and email/phone numbers so that I can remind them Saturday evening if they tell me they are interested.

HTH!!

If it were me because I hate being pressed for time, I would go for the later date and work on bettering my flyer (kinda particular)! Hope all works out for you no matter which you chose Good luck!

I would go for the 8th, if you think you have enough time to pull it together. I agree with ChefKearns that when you invite too far out, people forget anyway. Also - if you have it on the 8th - you still have an opportunity to fill any open dates later in the month, but if you wait until the 22nd, that opportunity will be gone.

Your all right. Thank you so much. I am going today!! Wish me luck!!! I will let you know how it goes.. oh and i am taking your idea, with the clip board!! PERFECT!!!!!!!!!

If it helps, I am sending out my 75 invites for my Fall Kick-Off today, and I'm holding it on September 9th. I also plan to do follow-up calls towards the end of next week, and possible an e-mail reminder. Too much? What do you think?

chelynn said:
If it helps, I am sending out my 75 invites for my Fall Kick-Off today, and I'm holding it on September 9th. I also plan to do follow-up calls towards the end of next week, and possible an e-mail reminder. Too much? What do you think?

Yeah, I'd like to know if it's too much too. I just sent out 105 invites on Monday for mine on the 9th also. I was planning on emailing reminders on Labor Day from my PWS so they could place orders if they can't come. Then I was going to make reminder calls around Thursday & Friday of next week.

That is exactly what you should do. No, it is not too much. That is what we coach our hosts to do for their parties, how much less should we do for our own?

Do you think it would be too late for me to do a fall "kick-off" at the END of the month???? I am way too busy with shows, church, soccer, DD's b-day etc. to do one any sooner, but I really wanted to do one. It's not really a "kick-off" if the catty's been out for almost a month by then right?

Christ Follower said:
Do you think it would be too late for me to do a fall "kick-off" at the END of the month???? I am way too busy with shows, church, soccer, DD's b-day etc. to do one any sooner, but I really wanted to do one. It's not really a "kick-off" if the catty's been out for almost a month by then right?

Go for it. It is still the 1st month the new products are available.

:balloon: Ok guys, I went last night, Man it takes a while to get to houses!! We started about 5:30 or so, and I think i maybe got to 10 houses. BUT, I did get alot of peeps interested, and i asked if they would like to go, let them answer and most said sure!! Then i offered My website if they couldnt. I hope they come!! I had one lady say OH MAN I LOVE PC> I love doing Cat shows!! SO hopefully she will be a lead. And hey, if she is the only person out of all that, IT WAS WORTH IT!! and i met my neighbors!! hehe!!

Oh also, i need some more advice... OK since i didnt get to finish going around to the rest of the neighborhood, i am going to go Monday or Tuesday, Do you think people will want someone going to theyre door on Labor day? Should i just wait till Tuesday?? What ya think???;)

guess what!:balloon: Ok guys, I went last night, Man it takes a while to get to houses!! We started about 5:30 or so, and I think i maybe got to 10 houses. BUT, I did get alot of peeps interested, and i asked if they would like to go, let them answer and most said sure!! Then i offered My website if they couldnt. I hope they come!! I had one lady say OH MAN I LOVE PC> I love doing Cat shows!! SO hopefully she will be a lead. And hey, if she is the only person out of all that, IT WAS WORTH IT!! and i met my neighbors!! hehe!!

Oh also, i need some more advice... OK since i didnt get to finish going around to the rest of the neighborhood, i am going to go Monday or Tuesday, Do you think people will want someone going to theyre door on Labor day? Should i just wait till Tuesday?? What ya think???;)

oops! didnt mean to post twice!!!

bump.... =)

Congrats, good for you.

feather18 said:
oops! didnt mean to post twice!!!

You can delete posts by clicking edit and then clicking delete. Yep, I've learned this the hard way too. :p

Would Yall go Door to Door on Monday.. a holiday?

1. What are some easy appetizers to make for a last minute neighborhood party?

Some quick and easy appetizers to make for a last minute neighborhood party include bruschetta, cheese and crackers, veggie platters with dip, and mini quiches. All of these can be made using simple ingredients and do not require a lot of prep time.

2. How can I decorate for a fall-themed neighborhood party?

You can decorate for a fall-themed neighborhood party by using autumnal colors like orange, red, and yellow. You can also incorporate fall elements such as pumpkins, leaves, and hay bales. Don't forget to add some candles or string lights for a cozy ambiance.

3. What are some fun activities to do at a last minute neighborhood party?

Some fun activities to do at a last minute neighborhood party include a pumpkin carving contest, a bonfire with s'mores, a game of cornhole or horseshoes, or a DIY hot cocoa bar. These activities are easy to set up and require minimal planning.

4. How can I make a last minute neighborhood party feel more special?

To make a last minute neighborhood party feel more special, you can set up a DIY mimosa bar or create a signature cocktail for the event. You can also add some festive music and set up a photo booth with props for guests to take pictures.

5. What are some dessert ideas for a fall-themed neighborhood party?

Some delicious dessert ideas for a fall-themed neighborhood party include apple crisp, pumpkin pie, caramel apples, and cinnamon sugar donuts. You can also set up a make-your-own s'mores station or serve warm apple cider for a cozy treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
  • pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wcsis
Replies
Views
feather18