• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fall 2007 Theme Show Featured Recipes

In summary, the recipe card featured recipes for the Fall 2007 theme shows are Bites and Bevs, Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie, Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet, and Chocolate Bliss.
chefann
Gold Member
Here are the recipe card featured recipes for the Fall 2007 theme shows.

Enjoy!

Bites and Bevs
Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie​

1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 4-inch round (8 ounces) Brie Cheese with rind, room temperature
1/2 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
1 loaf (16 ounces) French baguette, cut into 24 1/4-inch thick slices
vegetable oil

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. In Small Batter Bowl, combine jalapeno and preserves. Mix well.
  2. Cut Brie in half horizontally. Place one half of Brie, cut side up, onto center of Large Round Stone. Spread half of the apricot mixture evenloy over Brie. Top with half of the pecans and remaining half of Brie, cut side up. Spread remaining apricot mixture over Brie; sprinkle with remaining pecans.
  3. Arrange baguette slices around Brie; spray with oil. Bake 8-10 minutes or until baguette slices are golden brown and Brie begins to soften. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Real Food Real Fast
Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet​

2 medium carrots, peeled
1 medium red bell pepper
5-6 green onions with tops (about 1 1/4 cups sliced), divided
2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons Asian Seasoning mix
4 packages (3 ounces each) oriental-flavor ramen noodles
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 cups water

1. Cut carrots into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Cut bell pepper lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips using Chef's Knife. Slice green onions; set aside tops for garnish.
  2. Using Boning Knife, trim fat and silver skin from pork tenderloins. Slice pork lendthwise into 4 strips. Thinly slice crosswise. Combine pork, sesame oil, seasoning mix, and 2 of the ramen seasoning packets in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well with Classic Scraper.
  3. Add vegetable oil to 12-inch Skillet, heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add half of the pork. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until browned; remove pork from skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork.
  4. Add carrots and bell pepper to skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add water and remaining ramen seasoning packets; stir to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet using Bamboo Spatula. Add ramen noodles and white parts of green onions to Skillet. Cover; bring to a boil and cook 4-5 minutes or until noodles are softened. Add pork; stir to break apart noodles. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 3-4 minutes or until pork is heted through. Garnish with reserved green onion tops.

Chocolate Bliss
Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies​

1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 package (18-21 ounces) brownie mix, plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies
3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
1 cup salted mixed nuts, divided
5 rolls (1.7 ounces each) milk-chocolate covered chewy caramels, divided (40 pieces total)
Vanilla ice cream (optional)

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Chop 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate morsels using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil, eggs and 1/4 cup of the brown sugar; mix well. Fold in chopped chocolate; pour batter into pan, spreading evenly with Small Mix N Scraper.
  2. Chop nuts using Food Chopper. Combine half of the nuts and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar; sprinkle evenly over brownie batter. Bake 20-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
  3. Meanwhile, using Utility Knife, cut 16 caramels into quarters. Place remaining 1/2 cup chocolate morsels in Prep bowl; microwave on HIGH 1 minutes or until melted, stirring after every 20-second interval. Spoon melted chocolate into resealable plastic bag; set aside.
  4. Remove Bar Pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Immediately press remaining 24 caramels evenly into brownie in 4 rows of 6 caramels each. Sprinkle quartered caramels and remaining nuts over brownies. Trim corner of chocolate-filled bag with Utility Knife; drizzle chocolate evenly over brownies. Cut into squares; serve warm using Mini Serving Spatula. Serve with ice cream, if desired.

Thanks Ann! Your awesome!! I can't wait to try the brownie's...I was going to make them last night but didn't get a chance to go to the store so I am going to make them today!!!

wish these had been posted yesterday. I'd have made the noodle skillet for the potluck we're having today. Oh well, everyone loves the devilled eggs in the chilzanne lol

pamperedpsalmstress said:
wish these had been posted yesterday. I'd have made the noodle skillet for the potluck we're having today. Oh well, everyone loves the devilled eggs in the chilzanne lol
The noodle skillet is FANTASTIC! I made it for dinner the other night with chicken instead of pork. YUM!! In the future, I'll increase the amount of carrot in it, though. and maybe add some fresh garlic and ginger. And water chestnuts.

We sampled the Jerk Chicken Nachos at our cluster meeting. Very Good!!!Anyone have that yet? Those brownies are amazing. We sampled those too. Sin in a pan!! Awesome!!!

Thanks,
Tracy

I'm making the brownies for a party I'm hosting Friday. And maybe the brie, too. BTW- there are many other recipes that fit the themes in the SBRC. There are 3 separate variations on the Brie, and all of the desserts are chocolate.

The noodle skillet recipe was designed to show off the Stainless cookware. Because it's NOT non-stick, there will be all sorts of yummy browned bits (known as fond) in the bottom of the pan. Deglazing with water will lift those, so they become part of the sauce.

So go out there and sell cookware so you can get the 12" Stainless pan in the Pan-o-Rama!

chefann said:
Chocolate Bliss
Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies​

1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 package (18-21 ounces) brownie mix, plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies
3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
1 cup salted mixed nuts, divided
5 rolls (1.7 ounces each) milk-chocolate covered chewy caramels, divided (40 pieces total)
Vanilla ice cream (optional)

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Chop 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate morsels using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil, eggs and 1/4 cup of the brown sugar; mix well. Fold in chopped chocolate; pour batter into pan, spreading evenly with Small Mix N Scraper.
  2. Chop nuts using Food Chopper. Combine half of the nuts and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar; sprinkle evenly over brownie batter. Bake 20-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
  3. Meanwhile, using Utility Knife, cut 16 caramels into quarters. Place remaining 1/2 cup chocolate morsels in Prep bowl; microwave on HIGH 1 minutes or until melted, stirring after every 20-second interval. Spoon melted chocolate into resealable plastic bag; set aside.
  4. Remove Bar Pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Immediately press remaining 24 caramels evenly into brownie in 4 rows of 6 caramels each. Sprinkle quartered caramels and remaining nuts over brownies. Trim corner of chocolate-filled bag with Utility Knife; drizzle chocolate evenly over brownies. Cut into squares; serve warm using Mini Serving Spatula. Serve with ice cream, if desired.

Had these at our cluster meeting last night - they are to die for!!! I can't wait to try the Asian recipe!

Bumping this back up. I am hoping someone has that Jerk Chicken Nacho recipe. Was it in the new S. Best?

Tracy

pamperedtracy said:
Bumping this back up. I am hoping someone has that Jerk Chicken Nacho recipe. Was it in the new S. Best?

Tracy
It's also one of the catalog recipes.

Jerk Chicken Nachos​

6 cups tortilla chips
3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
2 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk Rub, divided
1 small yellow or red bell pepper or combination
1 lime
2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup sour cream and 1 teaspoon additional Jamaican Jerk Rub (optional)

1. Heat oven to 425°F. Arrange tortilla chips in a slightly overlapping layer in Large Round Stone.
  2. In Classic Batter bowl, combine chicken, cheese, and 1 Tb. of the jerk rub; mix gently using Small mix n scraper. Sprinkle chicken evenly over tortilla chips. Bake 5-7 minuets or until cheese is melted; remove from oven to Stackable cooling rack.
  3. Meanwhile, dice bell pepper with Santoku knife. Cut lime in half crosswise. Juice half of the lime using Citrus Press into Small Batter Bowl; add remaining Jerk rub and bell pepper and mix well.
  4. Snip cilantro in mincing cup of Herb Keeper using Kitchen Shears. Slice remaining half of lime using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade; cut slices in half using Utility Knife.
  5. Spoon bell pepper mixture ove nachos; sprinkle evenly with cilantro. If desired, combine sour cream and additiona jerk rub in resealable plastic bag; trim corner to allow sour cream to flow through. Pipe sour cream mixture over nachos. Garnish with lime slices.

Thanks bunches Ann!!!

Yummy!!

I am so excited about the recipes this season.

Tracy

chefann said:
The noodle skillet is FANTASTIC! I made it for dinner the other night with chicken instead of pork. YUM!! In the future, I'll increase the amount of carrot in it, though. and maybe add some fresh garlic and ginger. And water chestnuts.

garlic pressed with garlic press
ginger grated on microplane
drain water chestnuts in colander/bowl set or with can strainer

dannyzmom said:
garlic pressed with garlic press
ginger grated on microplane
drain water chestnuts in colander/bowl set or with can strainer
And open the water chestnuts with the Can opener.

I also think it would be fantastic with some grilled pineapple in it. Or with some fresh bean sprouts tossed on top, like on Pad Thai at a Thai restaurant.

I am so excited about these new recipes! I actually did the presentation at my cluster mtg on Monday.

Another cool thing is there will be 6 additional recipes to support each theme and they will be in the SBRC!

Also I seem to remember them saying that the test kitchens have worked to keep the ingredient lists to 9 items or less!

How cool is that!

chefann said:
And open the water chestnuts with the Can opener.

I also think it would be fantastic with some grilled pineapple in it.
Or with some fresh bean sprouts tossed on top, like on Pad Thai at a Thai restaurant.

OF COURSE it would be fantastic with grilled pineapple!:D

Are you picking on my recent pineapple fetish?

Hello, Kettle? This is the pot. You're black.

Yummy! Can't wait to try them!

I'm having a brain fart right now but what do you use for the chocolate covered caramels (brand name?) I can't think of what candy they are.

Rolos

stupid length....

As for the Rollos...if you get them in the small (candy bar size) packs, you don't have to unwrap 40 of them....if you get them in a bulk bag- you will have to unwrap. That's why the test kitchens call for 5 of the small packages...

Molten mini cakes- cook to center temp of 160. If you cook till "done" they won't be molten, but you will have some yummy cupcakes!

(from the test kitchens cook!)

Standard Cake mixes and "old" PC recipes for our nonstick cookware are NOT made to work in the new stainless.

If you want to bake a standard cake mix in our stainless, prepare it like you would an old fashioned cake pan: butter all over, then coat with flour or cocoa powder. Using cocoa powder for a chocolate cake is better than flour- that way you don't see the white flour all over your cake!

Sin full brownie recipe:

brown sugar adds chewiness and flavor
use "cake like" version when mixing up the brownies
DON'T use "pumped up" versions of brownie mixes- otherwise it's just too much (....uh,....is that even possible?!?! LOL)
Can substitute mini reese's cups for rolos...
Cut with clean wet knife to make it easier

Asian Pork Noodle Skillet

Marla's family LOVES this and has it all of the time!
make sure you buy TOASTED sesame oil- it has more flavor than a light sesame oil

Ham-n-Cheese Brunch Squares

Use the mix-n-chop to break up the thawed hashbrown squares (shows another product)

Use the eggs at room temp- they will mix in easier and cook faster and more evenly.

If you get your ham at the deli counter, have them cut you a slice that is one quarter of an inch thick.

Mix up this recipe as you like!

Diff meats: sausage, bacon, chorizo, etc.
Diff veggies!

All of these recipe that I am talking about above will be in our SB cookbook.

All of the tips came from Test Kitchens Cook!

KellyTheChef said:
Asian Pork Noodle Skillet

Marla's family LOVES this and has it all of the time!
make sure you buy TOASTED sesame oil- it has more flavor than a light sesame oil
I made this with boneless chicken breasts at home the other day - worked quite well and was very tasty! It's a less expensive alternative than pork, or good for people who don't eat pork for various reasons.

Although, I'd probably use 3 or even 4 carrots. There just wasn't enough vegetation in it.

I wonder if they will have a variation of the Brie app. using cream cheese? Brie cheese (especially that huge chunk) get's pretty pricey!

You could do that anyway, although I'd put it on some sort of dough to keep it from getting too melty (that's my word and I'm sticking to it!) all over the stone.

chefann said:
I made this with boneless chicken breasts at home the other day...

Although, I'd probably use 3 or even 4 carrots. There just wasn't enough vegetation in it.

I agree with Ann ~

I used chicken and added more carrots and I also added snow pea pods :D

YUM!! My DH loves it and HE has made it three times in the past 10 days. Hope he gets tired of it soon.

The Choco Brownies are to die for.

The bire is delish...

I have also GAINED 4 pounds after returning from conference ~ YIKES!!

Which one of these was the recipe that was being talked about "cryptically" earlier this week, that used one of the new pantry items sprinkled on it? Someone mentioned it was a recipe demo done at conference on the last day and when they tried it at home it was incredible. I'd love to see that one, too!! TIA

KellyTheChef said:
...............make sure you buy TOASTED sesame oil- it has more flavor than a light sesame oil
What's the difference in Toasted Sesame Oil & Pure Sesame Oil? Anyone know? ...Yoo Hoo.....Anne?

I used Pure Sesame Oil last night and it tasted great.

PCGINA said:
I agree with Ann ~

I used chicken and added more carrots and I also added snow pea pods :D

YUM!! My DH loves it and HE has made it three times in the past 10 days. Hope he gets tired of it soon.

The Choco Brownies are to die for.

The bire is delish...

I have also GAINED 4 pounds after returning from conference ~ YIKES!!

That's what happens when we have new yummy recipes to try. I have to get back on the treadmill.

cathyskitchen said:
Which one of these was the recipe that was being talked about "cryptically" earlier this week, that used one of the new pantry items sprinkled on it? Someone mentioned it was a recipe demo done at conference on the last day and when they tried it at home it was incredible. I'd love to see that one, too!! TIA

On the outside package of the new cinnamon & caramel sprinkles is a recipe for cinnamon rolls. I'll be trying them on Saturday--that's our Cinnamon Roll day!

pamperedgirl3 said:
On the outside package of the new cinnamon & caramel sprinkles is a recipe for cinnamon rolls. I'll be trying them on Saturday--that's our Cinnamon Roll day!

Oh, how awesome is that?! Customers will love that too, I'm sure!! Now I'm brainstorming ideas for Sunday brunch shows!!

Ann - when you made the dinner with chicken breasts - how many did you use??????????? I am thinking of making it this weekend. Thanks!!!!

BTW - I made the brownies and brie last night for my Discovery Toy party and they were both a hit! Those brownies are to die for! I can't wait to get the new SB!!!!!!!!!! August 1st can't come soon enough!

I'm making those nachos for supper - its just DH and I tonight & I know he will love them!

On the noodle skillet, I have been making something like this for years - but I use 1 lb of hamburger. For those of you with little kids, my girls LOVED this when they were little, and it was a great way to get them to eat their veggies. I just used the seasoning packets from the Ramen noodles. I can't wait to try this more grown up version!

pamperedlinda said:
What's the difference in Toasted Sesame Oil & Pure Sesame Oil? Anyone know? ...Yoo Hoo.....Anne?

I used Pure Sesame Oil last night and it tasted great.
Toasted would have a deeper, nuttier flavor. Like the difference between raw almonds and toasted almonds.

momoftwins said:
Ann - when you made the dinner with chicken breasts - how many did you use??????????? I am thinking of making it this weekend. Thanks!!!!

BTW - I made the brownies and brie last night for my Discovery Toy party and they were both a hit! Those brownies are to die for! I can't wait to get the new SB!!!!!!!!!! August 1st can't come soon enough!
I used 3, but probably should have used 4 or even 5 based on total weight. It calls for 2 lbs. of pork, so if you figure 6 oz. breasts, that's about 5. (I used the last 3 I had in the house.)

chefann said:
I made this with boneless chicken breasts at home the other day - worked quite well and was very tasty! It's a less expensive alternative than pork, or good for people who don't eat pork for various reasons.

Did you make this in the executive or nonstick? My oldest has stainless but I just bought the exec for myself and am NOT interested in any additional cookware right now.

chefann said:
Toasted would have a deeper, nuttier flavor. Like the difference between raw almonds and toasted almonds.
I knew you'd come through for me. Thanks Ann!

can someone explain exactly what the new "sprinkles" are and for what they are used? thanks!

Delicious!Thanks for posting these-I can't wait to try them out!!!!:)

Oh my goodness!!

I just made the Asian Pork Noodle Skillet.
No wonder I heard that Marla and her family have this almost weekly!
This is HANDS DOWN my favorite "main dish" from PC. Ever.

Some changes/notes:

I didn't notice it took green onions so I didn't get them today at the store. So, I just left them out.
I don't own the julianne peeler yet, so I purchased a bag of shredded carrots (10 oz.) and I used half of them. That ended up being a very FULL one cup measure of carrots.
Plus, I could only find packages of pork tenderloin that were way more than two pounds. Mine was 2.3 #'s (actually the smallest package they had) so I cut it ALL up and froze half of it to use when I make this again. We have a family of two adults, a 12 year old, and a 2 year old and this made PLENTY...with leftovers. You can easily streach the meat like I did and use less than what the recipe calls for.

BTW, my two year old CLEANED HIS PLATE!!

pamperedpsalmstress said:
Did you make this in the executive or nonstick? My oldest has stainless but I just bought the exec for myself and am NOT interested in any additional cookware right now.
I made it in my Professional Family Skillet....don't own the Executive Family Skillet.

I may even offer this as a demo recipe beginning in August so I can sell more cookware....it just doesn't carmelize the meat quite as much as it will in the stainless pan.

chefrosalie said:
can someone explain exactly what the new "sprinkles" are and for what they are used? thanks!
Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles- think muffin topping...large grain sugar, cinnamon, crunchies and a bit of coconut taste.

Sweet Caramel Sprinkles- think muffin topping...large grain sugar, caramel flavors, crunchies and a hint of almond taste.

Hope that helps!

You can use them in recipes, on ice cream, over oatmeal or yogurt, in coffee or hot chocolate...what ever your heart desires!

We got to try the Brownies, the Brie and the Jerk-Chicken Nachos at our Cluster Meeting on Monday and all I can say is OH BABY!!!
They were soo good!! I cannot wait make them at home! We all got recipe cards too...then my son ate them. Yes, the cards. He chewed them and ripped them and they are no longer legible. If he wasn't only 13 months, I'd ground him...FOREVER!

<h2>1. What ingredients are needed for Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie?</h2><p>The ingredients needed for this recipe are jalapeno pepper, apricot preserves, Brie cheese, pecans, French baguette, and vegetable oil.</p><h2>2. What is the oven temperature for baking the Bites and Bevs?</h2><p>The oven should be preheated to 425°F.</p><h2>3. How many servings does this recipe make?</h2><p>This recipe makes 24 servings.</p><h2>4. Can the Bites and Bevs be made ahead of time?</h2><p>Yes, the Bites and Bevs can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake.</p><h2>5. What type of stone is recommended for this recipe?</h2><p>A Large Round Stone is recommended for this recipe.</p>

1. What ingredients are needed for Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie?

The ingredients needed for this recipe are jalapeno pepper, apricot preserves, Brie cheese, pecans, French baguette, and vegetable oil.

2. What is the oven temperature for baking the Bites and Bevs?

The oven should be preheated to 425°F.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 24 servings.

4. Can the Bites and Bevs be made ahead of time?

Yes, the Bites and Bevs can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake.

5. What type of stone is recommended for this recipe?

A Large Round Stone is recommended for this recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies