1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Facebook Liking Club

1. lt1jane

lt1jane Veteran Member Gold Member

Re: Liking Club

to create your own page, go to one of ours. On all pages there is a button in the upper right hand corner that says "create a page" Click on that and it will walk you through the basics of creating a page.

Where do I find all those neat pictures? Google Images are my best friend.... I am NOT taking that many photos that look that good. I recommend making good use of the photo album feature. I borrowed an idea from Carolyn Kraham that looked great. She posts pictures of all the recipes that she posts and puts them in various photo albums (main dishes, salads, appetizers, etc...) It's a whole lot easier to find a recipe later (for you or one of your fans) if they can check the photo albums instead of trying to scroll down... If you use this system, you post a picture of the recipe and the original comment you post to "explain" the picture is the recipe. Feel free to e-mail or PM me this weekend if you have more questions.

May 30, 2012
  2. nay62

nay62 Member Gold Member

Thank you so much.. will try it out tonight {fingers and toes crossed}

May 31, 2012
  3. nay62

nay62 Member Gold Member

I DID IT!!!!! Can't belive it, but I've finally completed my FB page. Please feel free to check it out and would really appreciate any tips :)

Oh and like it if you can

https://www.facebook.com/nayzplace

XOXOXOXO

Jun 3, 2012
  4. ChefPeg

ChefPeg Advanced Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2012
  5. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

got you both liked!

Jun 3, 2012
  6. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I've updated post #18 to reflect all the pages to like to this point! :D

Jun 3, 2012
  7. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

I liked all the pages a couple of weeks ago but did not realize that I liked from my personal page. Had to go back and like from my other page. Once again SOOOO glad Sheila made a list

8. Sheila

Actually, we all prefer that you do it from your personal page. That way our own customers don't see other consultants advertising on our business pages. ;)

Jun 4, 2012
  9. nay62

nay62 Member Gold Member

Thank you Sheila for adding me to the list, I feel so apart of the group now :)

Carmen

Jun 4, 2012
  10. lt1jane

I like the PAGE from both my personal and my fan page, but when going through my daily "likes" I only like from my personal profile for the reasons Sheila stated.

Jun 4, 2012
  11. byrd1956

Does anyone know how to keep comments (by some of the liking club member) that are advertisement oriented from showing up on our personal wall? I have been hiding the comments when I see them, but wondered if there was another way to do it. Seeing them makes me worry some of my comments geared towards getting business are showing up on other people's wall. I apologize if this is happening on your wall.

Jun 6, 2012
  12. Sheila

Ah, so YOU'RE the one! LOL ~ those "hides" come up in our stats. I was wondering why someone would "like" my page & then hide it. ;)

I'm guessing you are on the old "wall", we don't have that issue on the timeline. ;)

Jun 6, 2012
  13. byrd1956

actually I do have my personal page as a timeline, I go there when I click my name, but when I click home it takes me to a list of all the posts that are being made...

Jun 6, 2012
  14. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

When you click "home" it's also known as your news feed. This is a special feed catered to you. It shows you all your friends and pages you've liked, all their recent posts. No one else is seeing those posts unless they also have those friends and liked those pages. You only need to censor what you see on your profile, what you see when you click your name at the top right, next to the "home" button. Your friends only see what you see on your own wall, your profile, not your news feed.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  15. byrd1956

I love it that you cheffers are soooo smart! Thank you Amanda!

Jun 6, 2012
  16. Sheila

Yup, Amanda's right. My hubby has NOT yet switched to the timeline. On the old page, any of his friends can go to his wall & click on notices that he posted on another wall. My MIL was doing that on my page & then questioning me about things that I said to others. Super irritating!

Jun 7, 2012
  17. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Some mobile versions of FB will still show this, also.

Jun 7, 2012
  18. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Your personal wall (the page that shows up when you click your name) will show actions you've done, games you've played, friends you've added, comments you've made on other walls. So in that sense, people can see if you've liked fellow cheffers pages. But you can also change your settings to not allow some of those things to show up. You can also click the X button that appears to the right of the notice (appears when you hover) and remove each individual thing that shows up. So every time I add a cheffer's business page, I go to my home wall and remove that notification, so that all my friends don't have that notice show up in their news feed. Does that make sense?

But no matter what, when you are looking at your news feed, (the "home" button), only you are seeing all those posts from your friends, so you don't need to "hide" them. Only "hide" things on your personal wall.

Hope that helps! :)

19. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

That's good to know. I always figured my friends are loyal to me, so I wasn't too worried if they saw that I "liked" another PC consultant's page, but it's good to keep it safe :)

Jun 7, 2012
  20. chefliz

chefliz Member Gold Member

I read this post from Amanda and Noora, but I did this (went to my timeline) and do not see anything that I liked. My husband can see everything I "like" and when I do the liking club, he gets aggravated because he says I am spamming him. I don't really want this to happen to all my friends (or him)...Please help me! I have went through all my settings and cannot find how to change this.
    :(:confused:

Jun 16, 2012
  21. Sheila

It's his setting, not your setting. He has it marked to be notified anytime you post something. He can go to your page and change the "notification" setting that he has for your posts.

Updated the liking club to here. Jane changed her URL. See the updated link on post #18 (page 1).

Jul 17, 2012
  22. ChefLoriG

ChefLoriG Advanced Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2012
  23. ally44

ally44 Novice Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2012
  24. byrd1956

Sep 25, 2012
  25. ChefGwendolyn

ChefGwendolyn Member Gold Member

Hi everyone! I would love to join you all.
    My facebook page is www.facebook.com/PCSouthernlady

Thanks for "liking" my page and feel free to "borrow" anything on there, as long as you don't mind me "borrowing" from you too!

26. priseortega

priseortega Member Gold Member

Sep 26, 2012
  27. ChefGwendolyn

ChefGwendolyn Member Gold Member

Make sure you add your name to your page, so people know who you are not just a PC Consultant

28. Oct 6, 2012
  29. lt1jane

It's never too late. I generally "like" once daily. If your page has no posts for at least 6 months, I will delete you from my list though...

Oct 10, 2012
  30. byrd1956

Oct 10, 2012
  31. byrd1956

Oct 10, 2012
  32. ChefJen2012

ChefJen2012 Member

Oct 11, 2012
  33. prissylovescooking

prissylovescooking Member Silver Member

34. ChefPeg

ChefPeg Advanced Member Gold Member

pampered was misspelled in the link. try www.facebook.com/pamperedchefwithjen

Oct 11, 2012
  35. nay62

nay62 Member Gold Member

Jane, I must say you are one of my biggest "likers" I love that I can always count on you to be one of the first.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU! and if I could I would give you a hug!!!!:love:

Carmen

Oct 12, 2012
  36. ChefJen2012

ChefJen2012 Member

Oops! Sorry! Thanks for the likes :)

Oct 12, 2012
  37. brandeeterry

brandeeterry Gold Member

Have something to add?