1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Extra incentive for catalog shows?

1. pamperedmom2owen

pamperedmom2owen Member

Has anyone else tried this? I was having a lot of my catalog shows barely reach $150 in sales. So I offered an extra $10 free with $300+ in sales and an extra $5 for each booking with a catalog show. I talked to my only catalog host this month and she said she should have well over $300! No bookings, but that's not unusual for catalog shows anyway. I'm going to try this with my catalog show hosts in September too! I figure it's worth it since it's basically free money! I don't even have to leave my house! :D

Plus it should be enough to put me over $2000 in sales for this month without having to close my Friday show by the end of the month! Woo Hoo! I'd like to submit that show for Sept. since I have 2 shows the last week of Sept. that probably won't close in time for that month. :rolleyes: Okay, I'll stop rambling now! LOL :p

2. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

I don't do much catalogue shows myself. People around here prefer to do kitchen shows I guess. I do have a couple people that will only do catalogue shows. To me I don't like to rely on them to get the bookings from a catalogue show. Of course that would be great and there is nothing wrong with giving an incentive for them to get bookings. I think the best way to get bookings from catalogue shows is to call everyone who ordered from the catalogue show and ask them if they are interested in doing a show. Like I said I have only had a couple of people do catalogue shows from me but the last one I called all of the people who ordered from her show and I ended up getting 4 bookings from it. So I guess to me I just assume that it will be my responsibility to generate bookings from catalogue shows.

Aug 24, 2005
  3. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Usually...

I tell them that I will convert their show to a Kitchen show with either 2 bookings or $400 in sales. I have had 2 Catalog shows close this month both well over $400. Switching to a Kitchen show doesn't cost me any money, WHICH I LOVE and the hosts are really excited about it.

I will attach a form I use in my Catalog host packet. Hope it helps.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
    Aug 24, 2005
  4. ladybug

ladybug Member

Good Idea!!!

I do like that incentive!! Good idea! :)

Aug 24, 2005
  5. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

I like that - I was changing to kitchen status for $300 in sales if I really felt like the host was putting in a good effort to reach that point. I love the $5 for bookings! Great idea to make it $10 plus 5. But how do you change the credit amount to only $10?

I also love the document in this thread - thank you for sharing that too!!! :D

Aug 25, 2005
  6. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

You have to add a payment method. Choose Consultant Gift then add the amount you plan on giving them.

Aug 25, 2005
  7. ShanaSmith

ShanaSmith Veteran Member Silver Member

I started adding an extra incentive to my catalog shows this month also. I don't usually do a lot of them, but this month I have a few. I offered some of my hostesses the extra $15 if they closed thier show by the 15th (min $200), so I could get the mid season products. I also offer $10 off their order at any shows that are booked off of their party. I think it is important to watch how you word this... you don't want to give them a discount unless the person has the show.

Aug 26, 2005
Have something to add?