• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Miami: High Prices & High Experiences

In summary, the group discusses their experiences in Miami and how expensive some things were, but overall they had a great time and felt it was worth the money spent. Some members planned ahead for the prices, while others were surprised. They also mention connecting with other consultants and enjoying the food and drinks, despite the high costs. One member shares a low point when their child accidentally hit VP Lisa, but thankfully she was okay.
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
Gold Member
Ok~ we're back from Miami. How many of you were a little sticker shocked at some of the prices we encountered there? A great experience but a little pricey with drinks as much as $30.00 :bugeye:a drink, a hamburger for $16.00 :grumpy:and etc:confused:.

I wish I could read some of the surveys that will be sent in.

Suzieq, where were you? A lot of us from here hung out together most of the trip!!! We missed you!!!!!!

I did the hubby thing. We have been going through a rough patch so we just kind of hung low and spent time together to reconnect. We did 2 excursions and then hung out at the Ocean especially once the sun went down. It was very relaxing.

We were a bit prepared for the prices, we looked at the menus on-line, but we also planned for it. It was such a great time, and we felt worth every $$ we spent, even the $14 wings and $14 Funky Monkey, poolside- It was a great experience, and deepend friendships that I will have for a lifetime !!!

Mrssyvo said:
We were a bit prepared for the prices, we looked at the menus on-line, but we also planned for it. It was such a great time, and we felt worth every $$ we spent, even the $14 wings and $14 Funky Monkey, poolside- It was a great experience, and deepend friendships that I will have for a lifetime !!!

Loved that funky monkey!

Mrssyvo said:

Amen!!!
:D

We looked at the menus online before we left so we were prepared for sticker shock but I was still amazed they actually wanted $5 for one Coke.

The fact we couldn't afford to eat there and left for each meal was my only complaint I included in the survey.

We had a dgreat time and I was able to connect with some consultants in my upline cluster that I had never met before.

Tara

Our $15 turkey club wrap for lunch fed both of us, so we didn't think it was that bad food-wise, but $14 for a Mojito was a bit much. Good thing I'm pregnant or we would have done some major damage. :)

DebbieJ said:
Our $15 turkey club wrap for lunch fed both of us, so we didn't think it was that bad food-wise, but $14 for a Mojito was a bit much. Good thing I'm pregnant or we would have done some major damage. :)

Those were some darn good mojitos though :) My sister and I split the club for lunch as well both days, so it wasn't bad. I had a blast and spent much, much less than I've ever spent on vacation before! Can we go back?!?! :p

We had a great time, too! Great to meet you (even briefly), Deb!With a 3-yr-old in tow, we were bound to staying in for meals, and it was pricey, but I did expect that as well. I did write that I wished there were a few more options nearby. On the last day, just before we left for the plane, we ventured down the street with 3-yr-old and baby in tow, and found the Latin Cafe which was a dive-looking little place with astoundingly yummy food at great prices. If I'd have known of it sooner, I'd have eaten every non-PC meal there.The only other low point was when my 3-yr-old almost knocked out VP Lisa on accident with the top of her head. She wanted a picture with Lisa by the dance floor during the Retro dinner, and she accidentally came up at the same time Lisa was bending down, and the top of her head met the bottom of Lisa's chin, clacking her teeth together. Fortunately, she appeared ok the next morning and said that she was fine! Whew!

iteachurkid said:
Those were some darn good mojitos though :) My sister and I split the club for lunch as well both days, so it wasn't bad. I had a blast and spent much, much less than I've ever spent on vacation before! Can we go back?!?! :p

yeah, I had a sip of DH's and it was yummy. :blushing:

ardipc said:
We had a great time, too! Great to meet you (even briefly), Deb!

Nice to meet you too, Ardi! you were looking pretty wiped out that morning at breakfast. Traveling with kids does that to you!

We just returned home from FL today with our 5 yo so I know how it goes!

It was SO much fun! We finally got our luggage back today though. It was in Los Angeles since Wednesday.

We took the city bus for $2 a bunch while we were there and found cheaper places to eat. I never want to miss a PC trip ever again!

ardipc said:
With a 3-yr-old in tow, we were bound to staying in for meals, and it was pricey, but I did expect that as well. I did write that I wished there were a few more options nearby. On the last day, just before we left for the plane, we ventured down the street with 3-yr-old and baby in tow, and found the Latin Cafe which was a dive-looking little place with astoundingly yummy food at great prices. If I'd have known of it sooner, I'd have eaten every non-PC meal there.

DH and I were at the FB for our 1st anniversary years ago and went to the Latin Cafe for b'fast our last day - it was GREAT!!!

ardipc said:
We had a great time, too! Great to meet you (even briefly), Deb!

With a 3-yr-old in tow, we were bound to staying in for meals, and it was pricey, but I did expect that as well. I did write that I wished there were a few more options nearby. On the last day, just before we left for the plane, we ventured down the street with 3-yr-old and baby in tow, and found the Latin Cafe which was a dive-looking little place with astoundingly yummy food at great prices. If I'd have known of it sooner, I'd have eaten every non-PC meal there.

The only other low point was when my 3-yr-old almost knocked out VP Lisa on accident with the top of her head. She wanted a picture with Lisa by the dance floor during the Retro dinner, and she accidentally came up at the same time Lisa was bending down, and the top of her head met the bottom of Lisa's chin, clacking her teeth together. Fortunately, she appeared ok the next morning and said that she was fine! Whew!

OMG!! I saw that happen, well most of it. We all said at our table that little girl just knocked into Lisa. I saw Lisa patting her head. We all commented at our table too on how good of a dance that little girl is. :D

chefkugler said:
OMG!! I saw that happen, well most of it. We all said at our table that little girl just knocked into Lisa. I saw Lisa patting her head. We all commented at our table too on how good of a dance that little girl is. :D

Leave it to a (LIL) New Yorker to not stay still--LOL-

morfia said:
Leave it to a (LIL) New Yorker to not stay still--LOL-

Actually, she's a little Texan, which might explain even more!!! :p

1. What are some must-visit spots for a high-end dining experience in Miami?

For a luxurious dining experience in Miami, you can't go wrong with restaurants like Prime 112, Kiki on the River, or Zuma. These spots offer a combination of delicious food, stunning waterfront views, and a high-end atmosphere.

2. Are there any budget-friendly options for exploring Miami?

While Miami is known for its high prices, there are still plenty of activities and attractions that won't break the bank. You can enjoy a day at the beach, visit the Wynwood Walls, or explore the vibrant street art scene in the city without spending a fortune.

3. What are some unique experiences that are worth the splurge in Miami?

If you're looking for a truly unforgettable experience in Miami, consider booking a private yacht charter, a helicopter tour of the city, or a sunset dinner cruise. These activities may come with a high price tag, but the memories will be well worth it.

4. How can I save money on accommodations in Miami?

One way to save money on accommodations in Miami is by booking a vacation rental instead of a hotel. This allows you to have a more budget-friendly option while still enjoying all the amenities and comforts of home.

5. Is it necessary to have a car to explore Miami?

While having a car can be convenient for exploring Miami, it's not necessary. The city has a great public transportation system, including buses, trolleys, and the Metromover, which can take you to popular attractions and neighborhoods. You can also use ride-sharing services or rent a bike to get around the city.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ardipc
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamela
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
ashleypc
Replies