• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Beauty Control: Show Swap Info Requested

In summary, the director said that she has a possible show for a person who is a consultant for Beauty Control. The possible show swap would be for Sandra to do a show with Beauty Control and Stephanie to do a show with another company. Sandra is allergic to everything, so her opinion of the products is not good. However, she has used the products before and has a friend that sells them. Stephanie likes their products and has used them in the past.
SandiLeigh
Has anyone ever had a show with or heard of a company called Beauty Control.

My director said she had a possible show for me for a person who is a consulant for Beauty Control.

She said that she would probably want to do a show swap.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sandra

I personally don't like their products. I am allergic to everything, so that's probably why. I have a customer @ my salon who is a consultant for them and she seems very pushy. We just had that whole discussion at the regional meeting and I definately think she is. IMO.:thumbdown:

My friend sells it and I happen to like their products. It like a spa experience party so its kinda fun! They have a line for both men and ladies. Pretty popular where I am .

BeauticontrolI used to use it. Became popular in my area around the time of color me beautiful--seasons of colors that work best with your skin type/coloring.
I learned a lot from the consultant I worked with.
The products have changed quite a bit and I too am more mindful of my allergies these days and use something else.
Would be fun for a one time show at least.

I wasn't meaning that it was a good product. I just don't like it that's all.

I LOVE BeatiControl - I have the Skin Care and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I have been considering looking into buying more BC products. I have recently got into Arbonne (similar) because my friend sells it now.

I find MOST DS consultants to be pushy - my friend with Arbonne included, MK, BC or Undercover Wear- JMO. They all tell me, 'I NEED people to sign up - would you sign up under me?....' - such a turn-off. I also found out (once I have asked more questions) that most are called a Personal Discount or Spa Membership - that means you have AN ANNUAL membership with that company - you would have to sign up again the following year - they don't tell you that though until you ask the right questions.

Spa parties are fun........

I have a friend that sells BC. I have used their spa products. I am doing a show for her in July, and she just did one for me. Although I am getting interested in Arbonne because it is all natural. I have used Mary Kay for years though.

Stephanie

ps. The Arbonne lady, did ask me and another girl if we wanted to open an acct for $29, to always get products 35-50% off whenever we wanted.

Stephanie

StephsKitchen said:
I have a friend that sells BC. I have used their spa products. I am doing a show for her in July, and she just did one for me. Although I am getting interested in Arbonne because it is all natural. I have used Mary Kay for years though.

Stephanie

ps. The Arbonne lady, did ask me and another girl if we wanted to open an acct for $29, to always get products 35-50% off whenever we wanted.

Stephanie
I've used Arbonne in the past and I like it, but it IS expensive. A past host of mine started selling it and I got the whole regimen for pretty cheap, but it was expensive to replace the things that ran out. I did like it, though.

Yes, when you sign up for that discount, you're essentially signing up as a consultant with the company but only buying things for yourself. If you ask me, that's kinda misleading since most consultants I've met don't tell you that, but that you'll get the discount.

I have WAY worse reactions to Arbonne than ANY BC I have tried - I am rather limited to what I can purchase from Arbonne (and up until BC, Arbonne gave me the LEAST reaction than anything else I have tried!). I guess everyone's skin reacts to something different....

Becky, I find A LOT of DS companies are pushing the Personal Discount thing - I guess in hopes of getting a lot of people to sign. I don't think 2 of my friends who have signed up with other DS companies have EVER mentioned signing up to become a consultant; only for the discount.....

I use their skin care... my friend sells it and we are doing a party swap. She is hosting for me this Saturday and I am hosting for her next Fri night.

I have a feeling I am getting the better end of that deal. My friends and family would never spend that kinda money on beauty products. I gave her as many names and addresses as she asked for but don't feel its going to be great for her.

I like their product too, and really like their spa parties! I know two consultants and they are not pushy at all. I think the pushy-ness is more the person, not neccessarily the company.

stefani2 said:
Becky, I find A LOT of DS companies are pushing the Personal Discount thing - I guess in hopes of getting a lot of people to sign. I don't think 2 of my friends who have signed up with other DS companies have EVER mentioned signing up to become a consultant; only for the discount.....

This happened to my sister... she signed up with her friend to "get the discount" and within the week, she received a letter from Arbonne welcoming her as a consultant. She was totally misled by her friend and it was too bad.

Be careful with show-swapping, whatever the company! I've gotten burned and bitter with those arrangements!

Well I am thinking if I have the upper hand by contacting her I can do her PC show first. That way I have the my show in before doing her show.

A spa party does sound fun though, don't know how well it will go with sales wise from my friends but we will have to see.

I have a friend who sells Undercover Wear - she told me she NEEDED me to sign up so she could promote - I was considering it. When I continued to ask questions about what the minimum requirements are (to stay active and continue to use the discount) - she told me 'I'm not sure' (I get that answer a lot from people) AND you have to submit a $400 SHOW!!!! I don't want to be a Consultant - I just want the personal discount (which is the ONLY WAY that they present it). I was kinda mad because I (and SO many others) and completely misled by A LOT of other DS companies.....

I always joke with others that other Consultants from DS companies ARE THE WORST Hostesses. It is SO true!

SandiLeigh, I would recommend to date her PC show right away - THEN do your Spa Party (that way you don't get burned)

:)

I am allergic to BeautiControl, everything makes me break out in a rash, I use Arbonne and love it. I did hear from another friend that before you can get anything free from having a BeautiControl party that you have to have 2 people book from your party. Not sure if that is how everyone does it, but the girl in our area does it that way. I wouldn't do one, at least with Arbonne, you get a free product for hosting a show.

I LOVE beauticontrol's lip stuff. Its the Skinlogics Lipbalm and it is SO WONDERFUL!!! Its like rubbing silk on your lips and oh its so nice! I had really bad chapped lips all the time, then I found this stuff. I sleep ith it on my lips. I use MK's Satin Lips exfoliant stuff, then rub this stuff on every night and it's just feels so good.

I would say go for the party swapping. Even if it doesn't work out you have more contacts than you did before you did it...
Plus, spa parties are always fun.

I don't mind having a show with them if it is something I believe in or would like to try. What I don't like is when they try to be pushy and want me to sign on with their company. The easiest way to get out of that REAL QUICK is to tell them we aren't permitted to sell other company's products when we become Directors with the Pampered Chef. They knew how intent I was on that and then left me alone about their opportunity. Now that I am Director, it is a little easier still. They are content (for the most part) to have me as their customer.

I Love Their PRODUCTS!!!!:love: :love: :love:
I personally don't wear alot of makeup and am pretty particular about what I do wear...cause I can get it at walmart. But my skin...I have very youthful skin as does my mother and grandmother. None of us look our age, thankfully I am now starting to look over 21 although I am still getting carded every now and again (I am 27). But my mother looks like she is in her late 30's and she is 49 and my gram looks to be in her 60's and she is 79 this year.
I use the Warming Trend Masque every day in the shower for my face, I know others that use it as shaving cream. I also LOVE their skinlogics line. If you know of anyone that gets breakouts, no matter how bad or mild, the All Clear skin solutions is TOP at clearing them up.
The Lip Appeal is amazing.
I love the bath salts (mineral collection) and I love the Margarita!!
For a super quick manicure, I love their Herbal Serenity Instant Manicure.

I am having a party w/ the girl in my area in about a week or so and I can't wait. I get alot of the products so my closest friends can come over and we have our own spa nights w/o the consultant. No one has to spend any money b/c I have it here!!

One of the best perks and makes it so worth hosting is to get the neckwrap that they give you for hosting. We currently have 2 in my house and I can't wait to get the next one. So wonderful to have, you will LOVE it!!

Best of luck!!

If you decide to swap, which I wouldn't do, make sure the BC consultant understands how PC shows work best. BC, MK, Arbonne, etc. don't want or need to invite 40 people for a successful show. Because those company shows only need a handful of guests to be "successful", that's what they think they need at the PC show, 4-5 people at the show. Make sure she understands that she really needs to invite as many people as she knows and that it's best to have 10 - 15 guests at her show. The more the merrier. Hope it works out for you.

pushy pushy pushyI agree Jae - especially with how pushy they are - all they NEED is 3-4 people - LMAO. :)

Every DS company has pushy consultants...it has nothing to do with the company, it is the personality of the consultant. I don't have any allergies. I have tried Arbonne...and loved the product, but not the price...and I have used MK since I was a teenager, but BC products are by far the best products I have found. They are not over-priced when you compare them to other products...like MerlNorman or what you get a Dillards. The bath products are amazing...I like the body detox soak and the ocean bath. I love, love, love the Seaweed mask and the green tea warming mask. I have been using the skin care products since early November and I have received many, many compliments on how great my skin looks. Everything I put on my face I also put on my neck and hands. My favorite new product is the Tight Firm and Fill...my lines are disappearing...and who can resist the Microderm Abrasion system. I love to spa with my girl friends...what a great way to relax and enjoy the company of other women.

What is Exploring Beauty Control?

Exploring Beauty Control is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows consultants to swap products with other consultants at a discounted price. It is a great way to try out new products and expand your beauty collection.

How do I participate in the Show Swap?

To participate in the Show Swap, you must first be a Pampered Chef consultant. Then, you can join the Show Swap Facebook group and follow the instructions provided in the group to request a swap with another consultant.

Can I choose which products to swap?

Yes, you can choose which products to swap with another consultant. However, keep in mind that the products must be of equal or similar value in order to participate in the swap.

How much does it cost to participate in the Show Swap?

The cost of participating in the Show Swap varies depending on the products you choose to swap and the shipping costs. However, you can expect to pay a discounted price for the products as part of the swap.

Is the Show Swap available internationally?

At this time, the Show Swap is only available for consultants in the United States. However, we are working on expanding the program to other countries in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
  • SusanBP0129
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies